The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
May 12, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #7,968 of 9,235
Quote:
Why the sad face?! Paying 75 for a MSRP of 300 is still a steal!

Changing it from sad to...
bigsmile_face.gif

Called Best Buy, asked for the Price Matching team, and got the difference credited back. So for those who had purchased at $75 within15 days of the price drop, call BB with your Order#.

May 12, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #7,970 of 9,235
Yep, just jumping in to confirm that I was able to price match with Best Buy as well.

laowai, the reason companies like Best Buy do this is because they know the vast majority of people will never, ever take advantage of it, but the mere possibility that they could encourages them to spend more money.  Consumers get a feeling of security (encouraging them to spend), and the store knows most of them will never bother taking advantage of it.  The people encouraged to spend far outweigh the people who actually bother price matching, so it winds up being a much larger win for the store than the consumer in the long run, without actually hurting the consumer at all.  Everyone benefits.

May 13, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #7,972 of 9,235
Quote:
I know that all these American customs are pervert.
But why the seller should bother the moment and the price of the purchase? If you did not manage to be at the right place in the right time, why should  the seller give you the discount, for which you aren't elligible?!

As long as you're within the return policy date, why shouldn't they be eligible?  If it was a planned sales event, then I'd understand.  Mine hasn't even been delivered to my store yet.

May 13, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #7,973 of 9,235
May 13, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #7,974 of 9,235
I know, and they were shipped on April 29th and received by me on the 2nd of May. Still well within the 15 day window.

Dude, if you have any case with a leg to stand on, one of the cardinal rules of dealing with customer service reps is that if you get a crappy one, call back and get someone else on the phone. And then call again if you have to. This should be a tip on page 1. Try until you decide that the savings or the principle is no longer worth it.

May 13, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #7,976 of 9,235
I tried for a price match as well, and was denied. If you look at the small print of their return policy, it does in fact state that refurbs are not
applicable for the price match within 15 days. I guess you may luck out with someone unfamiliar with the store policy, not me though.

May 13, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #7,977 of 9,235
Quote:
I tried for a price match as well, and was denied. If you look at the small print of their return policy, it does in fact state that refurbs are not
applicable for the price match within 15 days. I guess you may luck out with someone unfamiliar with the store policy, not me though.

Don't know if being a Best Buy Rewards member helped at all but I got the price match last night on them. Purchased 4/26 received 5/1. Turned what I thought was a great deal into an absolutely outrageously great deal.

May 13, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #7,978 of 9,235
Quote:

Hmm, if I was you I'd call back again, sometimes persistence is needed dealing with a place like best buy.  Besides, the chances you'll speak to the same idiot again is slim to none.  It took me two calls to get the credit; the first time I was put on hold for 10 minutes and didn't actually get to speak to anyone, though I could hear them talking in the background (obvious geniuses).  Anyways, being persistent with them pays off... good luck!

May 13, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #7,979 of 9,235
Quote:

I paid $130 with the Groupon buy. So, $130 + $40 ~ 2 = $85 average price. 
confused_face_2.gif

I don't think I've seen any product which is a year or less old, keep getting whacked discounted like these are. They just sold for 13% of the list price. (refurbished but I bet that means a return) And the funny thing is to my ears they are pretty decent sounding.

I have no idea what I am going to do with the 2nd pair. Bestbuy shipped them this morning.
If I do not need them, I will sell them for cost plus shipping. FedEx would probably be $25-$30. If I do, I'll post in proper forum. If anyone interested send me a PM and I can let you know if I do sell them.

May 13, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #7,980 of 9,235
Quote:

Hmm, if I was you I'd call back again, sometimes persistence is needed dealing with a place like best buy.  Besides, the chances you'll speak to the same idiot again is slim to none.  It took me two calls to get the credit; the first time I was put on hold for 10 minutes and didn't actually get to speak to anyone, though I could hear them talking in the background (obvious geniuses).  Anyways, being persistent with them pays off... good luck!

Quote:

I first tried it over CHAT but it did not work, so I called and talked to a CSR who immediately refunded me the $33(I think that was the amount) and since I did it via gift card, will send me a gift card with said amount. Thanks for the heads-up on the price change. This price makes these a crazy deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back