The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
May 12, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #7,952 of 9,235
Quote:
I just got a price adjustment for $39.99.

They give you 15 days from the time of delivery, not the order date.

WooHoo!!

XBA3IP for $40!

I know, and they were shipped on April 29th and received by me on the 2nd of May. Still well within the 15 day window.

May 12, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #7,954 of 9,235
Quote:
Americans wouldnt be American if some patriots in Boston didnt say, "hey, it may not work out, but lets dump this tea in the water and see what happens."
wink.gif

EDIT: and above is a person (not in (North) America) who just got $35 back because s/he picked up the phone and asked.

Americans would be great people if they did not get in the way of the other nations.
OK, you are deadly happy that you've saved 40$. As a simple guy, I understand you; but as a seller I don't take on board the idea of delayed pricematches.

May 12, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #7,955 of 9,235
Quote:
Americans would be great people if they did not get in the way of the other nations.
OK, you are deadly happy that you've saved 40$. As a simple guy, I understand you; but as a seller I don't take on board the idea of delayed pricematches.

Get in the way with our silly freedoms? Maybe instead of trying to tear us down, you need to demand more freedom like we have.

Envy is a deadly sin for a reason. It distorts reality.

May 12, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #7,956 of 9,235
Quote:

You don't, but best buy does, and that's who he was dealing with. So why not?

May 12, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #7,958 of 9,235
Quote:

Since you're a seller, I'm sure you have thought more about this than I have, but it's worth remembering that these offers aren't provided out of affection, or generosity, they are there to make consumers less hesitant to make purchases in an environment where there's a reasonable expectation of price fluctuations (decreases in this case).  Thus it is part of the consumers calculation of whether or not to buy the product from that vendor instead of waiting or shopping around for another vendor.  The return period and manufacturer's warranty are part of the same calculation, as I see it.

Upcoming Deal: Etymotic Research HF2  $84.99

To keep this in the thread guidelines (and out of respect for those who follow this thread with instant notifications),  I see that there's a gold box deal coming up on Amazon for an as-yet unnamed Etymotic product  an Ety HF2.  Starting at 1:00pm Pacific Time (US).
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002KQ5MAK?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

May 12, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #7,959 of 9,235
Quote:
I know that all these American customs are pervert.
But why the seller should bother the moment and the price of the purchase? If you did not manage to be at the right place in the right time, why should  the seller give you the discount, for which you aren't elligible?!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global/Low-Price-Guarantee/pcmcat290300050002.c?id=pcmcat290300050002

It's part of Best Buy's policy to attract and retain customers.  It's not rocket science.

May 12, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #7,961 of 9,235
As someone who picked up the xba3 when they were $95 (and couldn't price match at $75 because I was way past 15 days) I am very happy with them. But I also know that the question of refurb was still in the air. They came in a (what seemed to me) a brand new box. There is no mention of refurb anywhere other than the listing. BUT I looked at the warranty card and it only has 90 days. I am sure I overlooked it but I tried finding what the standard warranty is but can't seem to find it.

May 12, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #7,962 of 9,235
Quote:
I just contacted them and they're saying they won't price match. Now I'm on hold for this guy's supervisor. I'm going to be really furious if they don't match the price for me.

Quote:
I'm looking forward to hearing how this goes for you, because I just got of the phone, and was told they do not price match refurbs.

I paid $130 with the Groupon buy. So, $130 + $40 ~ 2 = $85 average price. 
confused_face_2.gif

I don't think I've seen any product which is a year or less old, keep getting whacked discounted like these are. They just sold for 13% of the list price. (refurbished but I bet that means a return) And the funny thing is to my ears they are pretty decent sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back