The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Jan 4, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #7,144 of 9,235
Could you provide a link? I am unable to get to the location you mention...

Jan 4, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #7,146 of 9,235
Amazing - I use the link and the UE700 was in stock at Amazon for $79 - I open another browser window and look up UE700 and it shows another company selling (with Prime service) for $100 - no mention of Amazon stock...

These are a gift for my daughter's birthday - I needed something nice, but reasonably priced - these fit the bill (my wife loves hers)

Jan 4, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #7,147 of 9,235

Amazing - I use the link and the UE700 was in stock at Amazon for $79 - I open another browser window and look up UE700 and it shows another company selling (with Prime service) for $100 - no mention of Amazon stock...

These are a gift for my daughter's birthday - I needed something nice, but reasonably priced - these fit the bill (my wife loves hers)

I cannot explain it. Amazon direct says $100. opened in both Safari and Firefox. LOL

It's great you got them for $79.......now you can buy a extra special birthday cake with the money you saved!

Jan 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #7,150 of 9,235
I thought its always been that price...

They used to be, they went up a few months ago. Here's the going rate now at lendmeurears. Thanks for checking up on it though. :tongue_smile:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vsonic-GR01-/320834488127?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item4ab339c73f

Can't have an invalid deal in the thread now can we?

Jan 5, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #7,151 of 9,235
Quote:
They used to be, they went up a few months ago. Here's the going rate now at lendmeurears. Thanks for checking up on it though.
tongue_smile.gif

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vsonic-GR01-/320834488127?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item4ab339c73f
Can't have an invalid deal in the thread now can we?

Wow, didnt know the price went up.

Guess Vsonic has realised that their brand name is good now.

Thanks

Jan 5, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #7,152 of 9,235
Quote:

Quote:

I cannot explain it. Amazon direct says $100. opened in both Safari and Firefox. LOL

It's great you got them for $79.......now you can buy a extra special birthday cake with the money you saved!

I think I have an explanation for why we're getting different prices from the same site -- it's based on your location. Amazon is likely pricing items differently based on where a customer lives, which they can tell from a variety of ways. Obviously, they know if you log in as Prime User where you live and they know when you select the shipping location, but they can also tell from your IP address and your cookies.

The Wall Street Journal did a story on Dec. 24, 2012, that showed that Staples, Lowes, Rosetta Stone and other companies charge customers different price based on their ZIP codes. These companies were adjusting prices based on how far you lived from a brick-and-mortar competitor, but some were just charging more all the time to anyone who lived in Puerto Rico or New York City. I have no evidence that Amazon does the same thing -- they weren't mentioned in the story -- but you think if Lowe's can figure this stuff out, Amazon has had it nailed for years.

There may be some sort of technical workaround in which you adjust your browser settings to show you live somewhere else, but I would imagine Amazon would get you anyway once you entered your shipping address. But if my theory is correct, at least it helps us understand why we don't see the same deals that others are seeing. The only response that we collectively might want to consider is to agree to buy the deal that we're getting in our location for someone who lives elsewhere and send the product to the person who would otherwise get the higher price. Obviously, it has to be a pretty huge savings to be worthwhile and you have to have a fair amount of trust between members, but it's probably too much of a headache to be switching your computer settings all the time to catch a bargain. Maybe someone with deeper IT skills than mine can suggest an answer along those lines. 

Jan 5, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #7,154 of 9,235
Quote:

Quote:

I think I have an explanation for why we're getting different prices from the same site -- it's based on your location. Amazon is likely pricing items differently based on where a customer lives, which they can tell from a variety of ways. Obviously, they know if you log in as Prime User where you live and they know when you select the shipping location, but they can also tell from your IP address and your cookies.

The Wall Street Journal did a story on Dec. 24, 2012, that showed that Staples, Lowes, Rosetta Stone and other companies charge customers different price based on their ZIP codes. These companies were adjusting prices based on how far you lived from a brick-and-mortar competitor, but some were just charging more all the time to anyone who lived in Puerto Rico or New York City. I have no evidence that Amazon does the same thing -- they weren't mentioned in the story -- but you think if Lowe's can figure this stuff out, Amazon has had it nailed for years.

There may be some sort of technical workaround in which you adjust your browser settings to show you live somewhere else, but I would imagine Amazon would get you anyway once you entered your shipping address. But if my theory is correct, at least it helps us understand why we don't see the same deals that others are seeing. The only response that we collectively might want to consider is to agree to buy the deal that we're getting in our location for someone who lives elsewhere and send the product to the person who would otherwise get the higher price. Obviously, it has to be a pretty huge savings to be worthwhile and you have to have a fair amount of trust between members, but it's probably too much of a headache to be switching your computer settings all the time to catch a bargain. Maybe someone with deeper IT skills than mine can suggest an answer along those lines. 

Now 
[size=small]
Price:​
[size=1.35em]$101.79     [/size]LOL
[/size]  
I purchase a lot of items from Amazon. Perishable goods and certain other types of stuff, they will not even ship to HI. How it works though, is not until checkout, after log in, does the "No Can Do' message appear. And then I always have the option of shipping to a 48 State address which I have a few times.
For Amazon at lest, I do not think it works that way.  But hey......its all good between me and Amazon.......every-time I see "you've qualified for free shipping" I think I hit the jackpot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back