The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Dec 30, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #7,086 of 9,235
Quote:
Wow, mine came today as well. When I opened up the package, the box was a little torn up on the sides, but it doesn't look like they were open box. This is my first multi BA and all I can say is there're definitely worth the $129 I paid for them. Groupon was actually helpful when I called them up and asked about where these were. The soundstage and fit on these are great.

Agree on the value, and the soundstage is among the best I have heard. Wonder if anyone else will be selling them at this price down the road. They were on sale for $99 at FutureShop in Canada a while back, then went to $129. But not on Amazon. Still relatively expensive.

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #7,087 of 9,235
Quote:
Looking for portable headSET (i.e. WITH MIC) which are Android / Galaxy S 3 / Samsung compatible out of the box, without any iphone adapter cable. Price max $300.

I currently have Phonak PFE 022, but the microphone quality on them is really bad and the sound quality is lacking seriously compared to my Westone UM3.

Looking for something better, but not ready to buy Senn IE800 (too expensive).

Any suggestions?

Westone has the EPIC MICS Cable for their iems with removable cables. If your UM3X is not the RC Version(removable cables) maybe you can have Brian from BTG Audio mod your UM3X for removable cable for a very reasonable price. 

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #7,089 of 9,235
Quote:
Shows sold out now.

woops!.....
evil_smiley.gif

Ha! I think BTG Audio is backed up on orders, so it would be awhile to get them modded also
redface.gif

Dec 31, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #7,090 of 9,235
I ordered it as well and it arrived Saturday, but i didn't get a chance to go home and open it yet. Groupon gave me the tracking number like 2 days after i order but the status didn't update for 2 weeks. Maybe i am just too spoiled by the free 2 days shipping from Amazon, or shoprunner. It feels kind of weird to wait this long for a package to arrive.
Ii had some left over groupon credit that i got for free a long time ago, so it came out to be around $85 after tax. I bought this because i was kind of disappointed by the X10 i bought on black friday from Amazon. I was expecting at least some kind of improvement over the UE700.

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #7,092 of 9,235
Quote:
I ordered it as well and it arrived Saturday, but i didn't get a chance to go home and open it yet. Groupon gave me the tracking number like 2 days after i order but the status didn't update for 2 weeks. Maybe i am just too spoiled by the free 2 days shipping from Amazon, or shoprunner. It feels kind of weird to wait this long for a package to arrive.
Ii had some left over groupon credit that i got for free a long time ago, so it came out to be around $85 after tax. I bought this because i was kind of disappointed by the X10 i bought on black friday from Amazon. I was expecting at least some kind of improvement over the UE700.

From what I got from Joker's reply to my messages, the UE700 and the x10 sits in the same category, with slightly different signatures (x10 more mid-bass and slightly rolled off trebs, UE700 less mid-bass but more trebs). 

The XBA-3ip should be a sizeable upgrade, and I still regret it to this day that I did not jump on the deal :frowning2:  
It was probably my only shot at a triple armature IEM, cause I don't have $300+ to fork out for the Shure SE535 or some westones like I really desire. Oh well....

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #7,093 of 9,235
I have a friend who works for sony who gets me discounts on stuff I can get the XBA-4's for 126.75 adn the XBA-4ip's for 108.64, this offer is for you only thinh4u2 I'm legit, I hooked up lee730 with some EX1000's, let me know.....

Dec 31, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #7,095 of 9,235
if he wants I guess, but XBA4's at these prices Why? I bought the XBA-BT75's for $110, I don't know why he can get the XBA series so cheaply....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back