The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Dec 26, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #7,008 of 9,235
Quote:
Hahaha, all of their good IEMs are out of stock, what a shame.

Yeah, I was just going to post this.  Tried to get the MEElectronics A161P into my cart.  Not in stock... 
frown.gif

Wish you could still buy them though, I would not mind waiting...

Dec 26, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #7,010 of 9,235
Klipsch Image x7i for 100$ at Future Shop (at least for Canadians). Seems like a good price.
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/klipsch-klipsch-image-x7i-in-ear-headphones-black-imagex7ib/10218496.aspx

Dec 26, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #7,011 of 9,235
Quote:
DUDE! Exactly the same here. I've written (last week) and got a real piss poor answer:

Ramesh G., Dec 23 12:51 am (CST):
"Hi Steve,
Thanks for your Groupon Goods purchase, and my apologies for any trouble.
According to the Fine Print for this deal, your item should be delivered within 2 1/2 weeks of the purchase date. Unfortunately, we have not yet received your tracking information, and it may not be available for a few more days.
If you haven't received an email with your tracking information within the next week, please let me know and I'll be happy to look into this further.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Regards,
Ramesh G.
Groupon Customer Support"

This morning I got a follow up email asking:

Hello Steve,
We'd love to hear what you think of our customer service. If you feel the issue has not been resolved, please simply reply to this email and disregard the link below.
If the issue has been resolved, please take a moment to let us know how Rameshkannan did by clicking either link below:

[size=1.1em]How would you rate the support you received?[/size]
[size=1em]Good, I'm satisfied[/size]
[size=1em]Bad, I'm unsatisfied[/size]

Below is a reminder of what your conversation was about.
Thanks, 
Groupon Customer Service Quality Team

I wrote back:

Still waiting for a answer as to why UPS shows no history of receiving the shipment?
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] I ordered on 12/11/2012.  According to the fine print of this deal it should be delivered no later than 12/28/2012.  What's happening?[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] Steve[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]

Will never order from them again. I sure hope someone from Groupon monitors this thread and site . What compounds it for me is, they refuse to ship to Hawaii so I have them being shipped to CA where I will be on Friday only. Lucky it's my relatives so when and IF they ever ship they will forward to me.
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] Please post when you have an update and I'll do the same.[/size]

I got the same BS, so anyone who ordered from Groupon is in the same boat. Just glad I used Amex because they will definitely get my money back pronto (always have in the past with poor retailers/etailers). I am going to give them 3 full weeks before I dispute the charge, since I am not in a hurry if they in fact ship/deliver the XBA-3iP.  What is really annoying is they slugged the email "Your Groupon Goods Order has Shipped," and that was simply untrue.

Someone mentions that Groupon is not an etailer, but that matters not. After seeing the resellerratings info and this experience, they are obviously not reliable. I got the same message from the same Ramesh G, who is no doubt some automated non-human handling their crack customer support.

Groupon has been criticized in many other circles for how they gouge small businesses, and the business model is not really working anyway. I should have known better, but greed in the form of a good deal can blind one sometimes. Anyway, this is not to be meant to be off topic. But let's all see how it goes with these Sonys. In the meantime, if they start selling any other IEMs via a great deal, stay away.

Update:
Wow, the resellerratings.com posts are horrendous. I wish I had read them before ordering, but just didn't think straight. What a mistake. I am not waiting 3 weeks. As soon as the 18th day is here (Dec. 29), I am disputing the charge via Amex. Not even going to try and deal with Groupon because it appears to be a waste of time. Not that the person who posted that deal knew any better, but this is really a lesson for any HFers to not post any more Groupon deals in this thread.

Why? See below:

Groupon's "Facebook" page

Groupon Complaints page 

Groupon breaks record!

Dec 26, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #7,012 of 9,235
All flavors of the Audiofly AF56 are on sale for ~60% off on Amazon. Nabbed a pair in "Vino" just now. Can't find much on these but seems like a pretty decent deal 
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.amazon.com/Audiofly-USA-Inc-AF561-0-02-Earphone/dp/B00855JPKI

Dec 26, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #7,013 of 9,235
Has anyone received their pair yet? My order email still says that a UPS label has been generated, but nothing has shipped. The Groupon CSR says the fine print says "2 1/2 weeks," which is true, but mine were ordered on Dec. 11 and that would be almost the deadline. If they don't ship soon, I am just going to dispute the charge on my Amex card. Groupon is, at best, a shady outfit based on other business issues, but this one is interesting. They have all these XBAs for sale but apparently don't really have them in stock. Seems they are waiting on their own order to be filled or something. Very annoying and even if they show up, no more Groupon purchases for me.

I got the same thing. The label has been generated but nothing has shipped. I called ups who is delivering these. The lady told me that stampede Groupon had created the label, but not shipped it. I asked if this was like walking into the post office with a package, creating a label and a tracking number, but for what ever reason, not shipping out the product she said yes. I got an email from groupon on Dec 12 stating that my order had gone through and that when it ships, they will send me an email to confirm. It is now two weeks later and I still havent received anything stating the item was shipped. UPS also said I should have gotten it by the 18th. I'm going to contact Groupon tomorrow about this. I've bought a couple other cheap pairs of headphones from them and both times it took 3 weeks to a month to get them, but I got them.

Dec 26, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #7,016 of 9,235
Quote:
Klipsch Image x7i for 100$ at Future Shop (at least for Canadians). Seems like a good price.
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/klipsch-klipsch-image-x7i-in-ear-headphones-black-imagex7ib/10218496.aspx

If anyone needs help getting them shipped to other countries, I'd be glad to help.

Klipsch X10 back down to $85 on Amazon.com.
http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Image-X10-Noise-Isolating-Earphone/dp/B000WAHFBK/ref=pd_cp_e_3

Dec 26, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #7,020 of 9,235
Same situation here, waiting for the Sony's from Groupon (XBA3iP)...the fine print does say 2.5 weeks, we're just about at that point, didn't look today but the last time I looked, same thing there everyone else is reporting, UPS label generated. What the heck does that mean, anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back