The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Dec 13, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #6,766 of 9,235
I own both the TF10 and the UE700.  The Triple.fi 10's have a more sparkly treble and are a bit more detailed in every aspect, but both are very detailed.  The UE 700's are more comfortable.  I take the TF10's any day over the UE700's since I've never really had a problem with comfort with them, and the increased sound quality is worth the tradeoff in comfort to me.  For $75, the 700's are a no brainer, but if you're comparing the $75 UE700's with the $95 Amazon Black Friday TF10's from last year, The TF10's are worth the extra $20 without question.  They're a full step up in terms of sound quality from the 700's, as to be expected.  

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #6,767 of 9,235
Quote:
How do the UE700 handle bass? I listen to a lot of EDM and love my Westone 3s for that. I also like the miles Davis tribute but sold them because the blue cable was a bit too flashy for me and have been debating on picking up the turbine gold on amazon for $150. But these IEM deals are so hard to pass up!

Oh mate, you will love them, UE's signature generally are made for EDM, TF10's mid is a bit recessed, but UE700 is not recessed, bass is not basshead level but will hit when it's called upon (listen to some of Nic Chagall's tunes or remixes, or even A&B's stuff, you will know what I mean) - bass is superb, tight and no bleed, the bass is similar to TF10's but just marginally less impact, treble is good too, not as extended as TF10, but at the same time it is nowhere as bright as B2

The overall signature I would say is balanced with a very slight U curve, and you can wear this for hours and hours without any discomfort whatsoever

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #6,769 of 9,235
Quote:

The MEE-What? Promotion is back.  Last time I lucked out and got the Grand Prize!!

http://www.meelec.com/MEE_MEE_What_p/earphone-mee-what.htm

[size=18pt][size=16pt]Limited-time savings: Use coupon code "WOWMEE" at checkout[/size][/size]

[size=11pt]The MEE What? Promotion:[/size]

[size=9pt]Life can be boring when you know what you are going to get, so why not try your luck with the MEE What deal? It's like giving yourself a gift - the intrigue and wonder of your earphone will get your adrenaline flowing and you’re guaranteed to get your money’s worth![/size]

For the MEE What you will receive one of the following, selected randomly:
  1. M16 in-ear earphone in one of two colors (regular price: $19.99)
  2. M6 Sport in-ear earphone (regular price: $29.99)
  3. M31 in-ear earphone in one of four colors (regular price: $34.99)
  4. [size=12pt][size=12pt]Grand Prize: A151 in-ear earphone[/size] (regular price: $74.99)*[/size]
*1 Grand Prize per 500 orders; winner determined randomly at time of shipment

[size=x-large]Limited-time savings: Use coupon code "WOWMEE" at checkout[/size]

[size=11pt]The MEE "P" What? Promotion:[/size]

[size=9pt]Life can be boring when you know what you are going to get, so why not try your luck with the MEE "P" What deal? It's like giving yourself a gift - the intrigue and wonder of your earphone will get your adrenaline flowing and you’re guaranteed to get your money’s worth![/size]

For the MEE "P" What you will receive one of the following, selected randomly:
  1. M16P in-ear earphone with mic/remote in one of two colors (regular price: $24.99)
  2. M9P in-ear earphone with mic/remote (regular price: $29.99)
  3. M31P in-ear earphone with mic/remote (regular price: $39.99)
  4. [size=12pt]Grand Prize: A161P Hi-Fi in-ear earphone with mic/remote (regular price: $99.99)*[/size]

[size=7pt]All sales final; no price adjustments; no exchanges for a different product allowed; products are selected randomly at time of shipping[/size]

Limit TWO per customer
Quote:

I put my order in.....I'll post what I get  
popcorn.gif

Bummer.......got the garbage M16 and they charged me $4.00 freight which actually makes them more expensive then can be bought elsewhere.
I'll see if I can return them which will cost another $2 or so. I'll think about the $6.00 as a pull on the slot machine in which I did not hit.

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #6,771 of 9,235
I've mentioned it before & I'm saying it again

Sony XBA-1 on clearance for $36.00 in Best Buy stores. Went there today and saw another batch displayed. If you like Etymotics, then this is for you. It has a great fit similar to Etys. I almost thought that the whole earphone went inside my ear!

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #6,774 of 9,235
I want to apologize for this in advance..... but - 

50% off all Skullcandy headphones with code REDBULL50

I think I heard they may have one pair of phones that sound good... I will admit, I was in Target a couple of days ago and tried Beats for the first time - and either they were blown, or they sounded awful - bloated bass and recessed highs - grainy mids...

I then listened to a pair of Skullcandy Aviators - they at least had a bite - there was some definition. I use IEM's exclusively. I own a pair of IE8's, TF10's, CC51's, Brainwavz R1's.... and 5 pairs of Rosewill Woodies... so I probably can't shed any light on full size cans - but of the 6 pairs of cans on display (2 Beats, 2 Sony's, 2 Skullcandy's) - the Aviators sounded the best - probably not saying anything there... 

Might be able to find a nice pair for a teenager in your family - also FREE SHIPPING

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #6,775 of 9,235
Quote:
One good thing about this hobby is that you can gift away many of your unused ´phones and they will think that you are the best

I could not agree with that more.  I have given SOOOOO many headphones away as gifts to friends and family.  People are always so thankful.  Some have been brand new, never opened.  Others have been ones I have tried and did not like the sound signature.  Either way, people are happy to get them. 

Lots of the gifts I give have been right here because of the deals thread too.

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #6,776 of 9,235
Quote:
Quote:

The MEE-What? Promotion is back.  Last time I lucked out and got the Grand Prize!!

http://www.meelec.com/MEE_MEE_What_p/earphone-mee-what.htm

[size=18pt][size=16pt]Limited-time savings: Use coupon code "WOWMEE" at checkout[/size][/size]

[size=11pt]The MEE What? Promotion:[/size]

[size=9pt]Life can be boring when you know what you are going to get, so why not try your luck with the MEE What deal? It's like giving yourself a gift - the intrigue and wonder of your earphone will get your adrenaline flowing and you’re guaranteed to get your money’s worth![/size]

For the MEE What you will receive one of the following, selected randomly:
  1. M16 in-ear earphone in one of two colors (regular price: $19.99)
  2. M6 Sport in-ear earphone (regular price: $29.99)
  3. M31 in-ear earphone in one of four colors (regular price: $34.99)
  4. [size=12pt][size=12pt]Grand Prize: A151 in-ear earphone[/size] (regular price: $74.99)*[/size]

[size=x-large]Limited-time savings: Use coupon code "WOWMEE" at checkout[/size]

[size=11pt]The MEE "P" What? Promotion:[/size]

[size=9pt]Life can be boring when you know what you are going to get, so why not try your luck with the MEE "P" What deal? It's like giving yourself a gift - the intrigue and wonder of your earphone will get your adrenaline flowing and you’re guaranteed to get your money’s worth![/size]

For the MEE "P" What you will receive one of the following, selected randomly:
  1. M16P in-ear earphone with mic/remote in one of two colors (regular price: $24.99)
  2. M9P in-ear earphone with mic/remote (regular price: $29.99)
  3. M31P in-ear earphone with mic/remote (regular price: $39.99)
  4. [size=12pt]Grand Prize: A161P Hi-Fi in-ear earphone with mic/remote (regular price: $99.99)*[/size]

[size=7pt]All sales final; no price adjustments; no exchanges for a different product allowed; products are selected randomly at time of shipping[/size]

Limit TWO per customer

Bummer.......got the garbage M16 and they charged me $4.00 freight which actually makes them more expensive then can be bought elsewhere.
I'll see if I can return them which will cost another $2 or so. I'll think about the $6.00 as a pull on the slot machine in which I did not hit.

All sales final.

I ordered the UE700, thought about it for about an hour, and then proceeded to cancelling. I'm thinking of re-ordering it... :)

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #6,778 of 9,235
Quote:
I've mentioned it before & I'm saying it again

Sony XBA-1 on clearance for $36.00 in Best Buy stores. Went there today and saw another batch displayed. If you like Etymotics, then this is for you. It has a great fit similar to Etys. I almost thought that the whole earphone went inside my ear!

Went looking in my local Best Buy, all I got was a headache from the Christmas displays, crowds, and in your face sales people. 

What you don't have them in stock?  ...... NO! I do not want the SKULLCANDY earphones instead!!!

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #6,779 of 9,235
I see you are from NJ too. Did you go to one in Union NJ. It is displayed on the left side (of the headphone/earphone section)  as you enter through the middle of the store (opp. the cage where they stock the extras)

I am from Bridgewater and here they didnt have them on display. I was looking for a 50'' plasma TV. They didnt have it, So I drove to Union & there was only 1 remaining today. When I posted couple of days ago there were 3.

I already bought 2 (at different months), cause I love their sound when paired with my walkman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back