The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Dec 3, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #6,586 of 9,235

Sony MDRXB60EX/GLD Extra Bass In Ear 13.5mm Driver Headphone, Gold

Reg: $79.99 Sale: 59.95 Sold by Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRXB60EX-GLD-13-5mm-Headphone/dp/B009A6CZ12/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354563177&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+xb60ex

Dec 3, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #6,587 of 9,235
I know that Westone sale at Inmotion is pretty old news, but thought I would give them a try in Portland OR, since I'm here on a connecting flight. Took me 20 minutes to walk to their store, and they've had a "back in 5 minutes sign up for half an hour! Oh well, not worth missing my flight to Maui for, but they have 50% off cases, big whoop. Oh well...W probably long gone anyway. Grrr

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #6,590 of 9,235
I've used them for a while with my desktop, really like them (and paid full price!). Has me wondering about the A5...

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #6,592 of 9,235
Got mine a few days ago--kudos to newegg! I had to break open a pair to try them--and they exceeded my expectations. Granted my expectations were non-existent, but still. They're fairly comfortable and I found it easy to get a good seal with the included tips. More comfortable than my new RE262's--which were obviously designed for alien ears. The sound is not terrible--fairly well balanced except for a bit of a shrill upper mid-peak. Respectable, if not detailed mids, bass isn't thumpy, but very vague and loose. Treble somewhat rolled off. They sound pretty nice with spoken word and are definitely listenable for music--particularly classical and opera--which benefit from that upper mid kick. Cord is tangly, but seems sturdy. These are a noticeable upgrade for anyone with stock cheapo earbuds.

My 5 woodies showed up today. Actually nicely boxed and look pretty good. Who knows about the sound though, they'll work as present so w/e.

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #6,593 of 9,235
Quote:
Got mine a few days ago--kudos to newegg! I had to break open a pair to try them--and they exceeded my expectations. Granted my expectations were non-existent, but still. They're fairly comfortable and I found it easy to get a good seal with the included tips. More comfortable than my new RE262's--which were obviously designed for alien ears. The sound is not terrible--fairly well balanced except for a bit of a shrill upper mid-peak. Respectable, if not detailed mids, bass isn't thumpy, but very vague and loose. Treble somewhat rolled off. They sound pretty nice with spoken word and are definitely listenable for music--particularly classical and opera--which benefit from that upper mid kick. Cord is tangly, but seems sturdy. These are a noticeable upgrade for anyone with stock cheapo earbuds.

I found the bass a little overwhelming for some songs actually. Mostly my electronic songs, it didn't really show up in anything else but on some of those it was just all over the place. Might just be me though.

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #6,594 of 9,235
Definitely the woodies and not you. Electronica is not very listenable with these. The bass is confused and wavers in and out.

I found the bass a little overwhelming for some songs actually. Mostly my electronic songs, it didn't really show up in anything else but on some of those it was just all over the place. Might just be me though.

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #6,595 of 9,235
Marshalls/TJ Maxx has the Incase Pivot on-ear heaphones for $24.99. They are lightweight, fold flat, and have controls for iPod/iPhone (only the volume buttons will work on some Android phones). Pretty decent deal for a good pair of on-ears. http://goincase.com/collections/audio#pivot

They get hammered a bit on Amazon's reviews at their original price (~$100) and current $60 MSRP, but they're competent, somewhat balanced with a thinner soundstage than I'm used to, including they're bigger brother, the Incase Sonic. They have good bass, not overpowering, right out of the box. 

I saw the light grey/pink and grey-blue/blue ones only at the couple of stores I went to, so that may be the only colors they're stocking (there were other colors made though).

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #6,596 of 9,235
Quote:

you can make the vent next to cable out smaller to tme the bass. They're fine but a little hashy.

Dec 4, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #6,599 of 9,235
So, Amazon has the MTPG with control talk for $150.  They also have a BOGO 25% off deal going on.  You might be able to get 2x of the MTPG through that, it would bring the price per down to $262.50 for 2 pairs, with full Monster Lifetime warranty, definitely an awesome deal.  As of now, though, I can't get it to work, but through the live chat they might let you order them at the discounted rate.. 

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Turbine-Audiophile-Speaker-ControlTalk/dp/B002NTPLXM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1354650179&sr=8-4&keywords=monster+miles+davis

Dec 4, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #6,600 of 9,235
I ordered when this deal went live, and just got my Trumpets today. I have to say, they're pretty awesome! It's the most I've ever spent on headphones before, and definitely worth it. The Sketches of Spain CD included sounds fantastic, and everything just seems so "live," if that's the right word. After more burn-in, I bet they'll sound even better.
I believe the deal is still live. Also, it said blemished packaging, but it was brand-new in perfect condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back