The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Nov 26, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #6,391 of 9,235
Quote:

TF10 is not going to break, they are built like a tank, perhaps maybe faulty driver internally but extremely unlikely...

Geddit!!! this is cheaper than last year's BF sale which was $99

Damn...no A161p...only if that goes on sale too...

Yeah, I did end up getting them because I really regretted not getting either the TF10 or the X10 last year. I'm just convincing myself that it's a Christmas present for myself this year :p Ended up coming out to 92 something because of California tax, but still cheaper than last year haha.

Nov 26, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #6,392 of 9,235
Quote:

TF10 is not going to break, they are built like a tank, perhaps maybe faulty driver internally but extremely unlikely...

Mine came apart in < 1 year.  Nothing that some super-glue couldn't fix, though.  Nothing was actually damaged, they just came "un-glued" at a seam in the housing.  Today you cannot even tell it happened, but I, for one, wouldn't say they're not going to break.  Maybe, like the internal driver, it's just extremely unlikely.

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #6,393 of 9,235
Can you fix the durability problems of the x-10 with tape at the seams so they don't wear down? I want to bring them with the gym to me and I'm hoping some preemptive tape will solve any issues.

Also, is the m-80 worth the extra $90 over the crossfades that are on sale at amazon? It's such a tempting deal : /

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #6,394 of 9,235
Quote:
Yeah, I did end up getting them because I really regretted not getting either the TF10 or the X10 last year. I'm just convincing myself that it's a Christmas present for myself this year :p Ended up coming out to 92 something because of California tax, but still cheaper than last year haha.

In a way, it's actually good that there is nothing really WOW sale this year on IEM's, I am just about to pull the trigger on UE Air Speaker ($239 here locally) as I am in the market for Zepelin but I'm going to go with this one instead...

...and this would be "Xmas present for myself" too haha 
etysmile.gif

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #6,395 of 9,235
Quote:
Oh man, I can't decide whether to get those X10's, or to get the TF10's full price and replace them with UE 900's under warranty when they break. Any ideas? I am a serious newbie when it comes to headphones, so any recommendations as to what I should do would be greatly appreciated.

It's only a 1 year warranty and usually only the cable will break. If they have a replacement cable in stock they aren't going to give you UE900s. 

Nov 26, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #6,396 of 9,235
Quote:
It's only a 1 year warranty and usually only the cable will break. If they have a replacement cable in stock they aren't going to give you UE900s. 

I thought they offered the ue700s to someone on the appreciation thread, so...

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #6,401 of 9,235
Should I get these x10's or splurge and get the GR07? What about the RE-Zero for $59 or HF5 for $60?

I have the S4 and think they're a bit warm and lacking in the mids/highs for my taste...so I want an improve in those areas while still maintaining the comfort to wear for 1-2 hrs at a time

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #6,405 of 9,235
Don't forget the RE-262--on sale for $99.  I've been trying to decide between the GR07 and the RE-262 as an upgrade from my S4i, and the $99 RE-262 clinched it for me.  I'm trying hard not to order the X10 as well.

Quote:
Should I get these x10's or splurge and get the GR07? What about the RE-Zero for $59 or HF5 for $60?

I have the S4 and think they're a bit warm and lacking in the mids/highs for my taste...so I want an improve in those areas while still maintaining the comfort to wear for 1-2 hrs at a time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back