The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Mar 7, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #4,186 of 9,235
OK..Hopefully the last time I have to post about this. Called Monster one more time, spoke with "JB" (JV, JD?). 

He looked at my order, then said "as you probably suspect, we sold out of these, but we will be able to fill your order with the european version of the MDT. It's just taken us a few days to get the shipment back here to the states. It looks like your order will be shipped tomorrow."

I asked if there was a difference between the Euro and US versions and he stated "The only difference is that Spanish and French instructions are included along with the English instructions".

So...we'll see how this goes.

(200 posts..yay)

Mar 7, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #4,187 of 9,235

Quote:
OK..Hopefully the last time I have to post about this. Called Monster one more time, spoke with "JB" (JV, JD?). 

He looked at my order, then said "as you probably suspect, we sold out of these, but we will be able to fill your order with the european version of the MDT. It's just taken us a few days to get the shipment back here to the states. It looks like your order will be shipped tomorrow."

I asked if there was a difference between the Euro and US versions and he stated "The only difference is that Spanish and French instructions are included along with the English instructions".

(200 posts..yay)

1. great news
2. let us know
3. congratz!

Mar 7, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #4,189 of 9,235

Quote:

(200 posts..yay)

Well I called again and spoke with Beth and it sounds like mine are shipping today so I'm hoping they arrive tomorrow. I will update I fear that based on her description I was possibly getting the Trumpets but maybe its these Euro versions.

Mar 7, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #4,190 of 9,235

(200 posts..yay)

When did you guys order?

Mar 7, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #4,195 of 9,235
Seeing how they are phasing out the Tributes, I'd say the Trumpet is the upgrade/successor. It also carries a higher price tag. 

Having owned both, I say the Trumpets are superior in build quality and comfort, while the sound signature is a lot different. The trumpets being much more neutral and balanced. 

I can see why people are upset about not getting what they ordered. But say, if I bought an iPad 2 today, and Apple told me they are shipping me an iPad 3 because they are out of iPad 2s, I would not be crying. 

Quote:
are trumpets not as good as the tributes?

Mar 7, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #4,196 of 9,235

Quote: Originally Posted by Yggdrassilious /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"Seeing how they are phasing out the Tributes, I'd say the Trumpet is the upgrade/successor. It also carries a higher price tag. 

Having owned both, I say the Trumpets are superior in build quality and comfort, while the sound signature is a lot different. The trumpets being much more neutral and balanced. 

I can see why people are upset about not getting what they ordered. But say, if I bought an iPad 2 today, and Apple told me they are shipping me an iPad 3 because they are out of iPad 2s, I would not be crying"

Yeah but its more like ordering a Mustang Cobra and getting a Suped up 4 cylinder sure both are nice and you got them at a discount but you wanted the Cobra. I really wanted the tributes as they seems similar to the Turbine Golds and Coppers in a lot of ways where as the Trumpets are completely different. I am sure they are still good but different in sound isn't the same as getting a Higher res screen and faster processor for free.

Code:
[color=rgb(42, 42, 42)] [/color]

Mar 7, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #4,200 of 9,235

Well, mine arrived yesterday. I was not a fan of my Pro Coppers, and I don't like the Tributes either. (Just had to buy because of the sale)

If you want mine, PM me. They are less than a day old.

I tried to really like mine also. I gave them another go for another few hours but I don't think they are for me either. I am also coming from the Pro Coppers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back