The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Mar 1, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #4,007 of 9,235
I must be missing something... you can get it from their normal store in 'New' condition with the normal warranty and return policy.

These are new not refurbished, those terms and conditions don't apply.

Mar 2, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #4,008 of 9,235
Just checked the website, you're right.

Now I have to make a decision again...
ph34r.gif

Quote:
I must be missing something... you can get it from their normal store in 'New' condition with the normal warranty and return policy.

These are new not refurbished, those terms and conditions don't apply.

Mar 2, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #4,010 of 9,235
Hi guys, a new issue popped up.

I'm trying to buy these from the monster website, but when I proceed to checkout I get this error:

MmVKA.png

Is anyone else getting this? I haven't placed any order and this is my original account.

I'm going to call tomorrow because they are not in office right now but I'm worried I'll miss the deal.

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #4,012 of 9,235
I ordered one yesterday morning for $149.95 + $9.37 Taxes (in Texas), then checked this DAMNED Thread
evil_smiley.gif
 later on that night and saw the 10% discount so I ordered another one for a total of $143.38. Both through Paypal to the same address. On the first pair, I didn't even know they were the same price brand new and bought them from the "Outlet" store. Second pair was through the regular site.
 I sure hope they're both brand new with the regular warranty.
confused_face_2.gif

......Anyhow, both transactions went smooth, but was unable to take advantage of the bigger discount code.

Mar 2, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #4,013 of 9,235

Quote:
I ordered one yesterday morning for $149.95 + $9.37 Taxes (in Texas), then checked this DAMNED Thread
evil_smiley.gif
 later on that night and saw the 10% discount so I ordered another one for a total of $143.38. Both through Paypal to the same address. On the first pair, I didn't even know they were the same price brand new and bought them from the "Outlet" store. Second pair was through the regular site.
 I sure hope they're both brand new with the regular warranty.
confused_face_2.gif

......Anyhow, both transactions went smooth, but was unable to take advantage of the bigger discount code.

But when you add it to cart from their main site, the checkout process happens the same as the outlet site, right?
I tried to add some non-sale item to cart, the checkout process all look the same.  I don't think it matters whether you ordered from the regular site or the outlet site.

Mar 2, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #4,016 of 9,235
OK!
UPDATE on the Monsters

Good/bad news for you guys:
Called monster, just for the hell of it
(poor guy got BOMBARDED with questions):

monstervday12 = 20%
news10off2011 = 10%

These 2 codes are still valid, but ONLY ONLINE, and not via the phone.
My auntie did have problem ordering it, and thus he said, that my auntie should call them to resolve it.
If in fact you have problems ordering online, then give them a call, and they should be able to place your order online, with the coupon code, considering that you had problem online....if that makes sense.

Condition is NEW, not refurbished, nothing else but NEW

Why is their price very good?
It is an end of line, discontinuation - the MDT's have been replaced by the trumpets.

What if i want to "fix" them via their unheard of warranty?
They will replace with MDT's, however if stock is out, the next will be the trumpets.

Will we have choice, if for example, we didn't want to get the trumpets?
No - you get a like-for-like replacement, in this case the trumpets

"but the 2 models aren't the same design, nor have the same driver correct?"
Indeed they don't have the same design/drivers/sound, but this is our newer model and won't give you the choice of another replacement

Sales Tax:
Sales tax is applied depending on your STATE.
When i told them my auntie was in CALIFORNIA, he said a 9.6% (thereabouts) tax will be added.

Sales tax applied when, before or after coupon?
AFTER:
So $150 - 20% = $120
$120 + 9.6% = $131.52

I hope this clears up ALL the questions/worries and helps you with your orders :)

Mar 2, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #4,017 of 9,235
+ rep!

Quote:
OK!
UPDATE on the Monsters

monstervday12 = 20%
news10off2011 = 10%

My auntie did have problem ordering it, and thus he said, that my auntie should call them to resolve it.
If in fact you have problems ordering online, then give them a call, and they should be able to place your order online, with the coupon code, considering that you had problem online....if that makes sense.

It is an end of line, discontinuation - the MDT's have been replaced by the trumpets.

They will replace with MDT's, however if stock is out, the next will be the trumpets.

Indeed they don't have the same design/drivers/sound, but this is our newer model and won't give you the choice of another replacement

Sales Tax:
When i told them my auntie was in CALIFORNIA, he said a 9.6% (thereabouts) tax will be added.

AFTER:
So $150 - 20% = $120
$120 + 9.6% = $131.52

I hope this clears up ALL the questions/worries and helps you with your orders :)

Mar 2, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #4,018 of 9,235

Awesome info just tried to order and it says "Out of Stock" Reserve Now.... I had them at the point of buying them last night for 129.95 including shipping and decided to sleep on it. 
Quote:
OK!
UPDATE on the Monsters

monstervday12 = 20%
news10off2011 = 10%

Sales Tax:

AFTER:
So $150 - 20% = $120
$120 + 9.6% = $131.52

Mar 2, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #4,019 of 9,235
You guys have been going on about a $20 difference for pages! Haven't you optimized the ordering process for this one item yet? :p

Let's hear it for the "Unheard of Lifetime (of product line) Warrantee!". I think they would at least give you a deal on a current model if your MDT breaks, but seeing as how Monster fanboys are a dime a dozen (apparently), I wouldn't bet much on it.

I'll have to try these Trumpets and see how they compare to my RE-262s :ksc75smile:

Mar 2, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #4,020 of 9,235

Quote:
You guys have been going on about a $20 difference for pages! Haven't you optimized the ordering process for this one item yet?
tongue.gif

Let's hear it for the "Unheard of Lifetime (of product line) Warrantee!". I think they would at least give you a deal on a current model if your MDT breaks, but seeing as how Monster fanboys are a dime a dozen (apparently), I wouldn't bet much on it.
I'll have to try these Trumpets and see how they compare to my RE-262s
ksc75smile.gif

I am interested in how the Trumpet sounds. Let us know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back