The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Dec 2, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #3,077 of 9,235
Quote:
Quote:

I own both, and I concur. 
smile.gif

I'm very tempted to pick of a pair of EX1000s so that I can have both too.  In your opinion, what are the main noticable differences between the two?

Dec 2, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #3,078 of 9,235
Monster Miles Davis Tribute going on Lightning Deals on Amazon at 1:15 PM PST! (in around 50 minutes as of this writing)

http://www.amazon.com/Headphones-Accessories-Supplies/b/ref=cm2011_ln_hdph?ie=UTF8&node=172541&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=left-2&pf_rd_r=0T25SP8S4P1QJPCAPV4H&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1336951602&pf_rd_i=384082011

Amazon suggests that the Miles Davis Trumpet is a newer model of the Tribute. Is this true? From what I've read here, these two earphones seem to have different sound signatures.

Dec 2, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #3,079 of 9,235
Quote:
I'm very tempted to pick of a pair of EX1000s so that I can have both too.  In your opinion, what are the main noticable differences between the two?

The main noticeable differences between the two is in their presentation, where the FX700 is much warmer sounding than the neutral to slightly north of neutral sounding EX100. The FX700 also boasts an aggressive high and low end (but only in the best of ways), as compared to the more balanced presentation of the EX1000. However, the FX700's midrange is not the least bit lacking. I've spent weeks time with the FX700 as my exclusive in-ear, and with my entire vocal trance collection, I've never found the mids lacking presence. On a technical scale, they're both exceptional in-ears through and through. With regards to timbre, the FX700 is still the one to beat, but the EX1000 is no slouch either. I'd also recommend paying a closer look to |joker|'s review of either one, if you haven't done so already. The link can be found in my signature. All the best! 
smile.gif

Dec 2, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #3,081 of 9,235
Quote:
Amazon suggests that the Miles Davis Trumpet is a newer model of the Tribute. Is this true? From what I've read here, these two earphones seem to have different sound signatures.

They're quite different, but I'm assuming Amazon is saying that only in the sense that the Trumpet is technically the latest (hence, newest) Miles Davis series in-ear my Monster. The Tribute is still one hell of an in-ear. 
smile.gif

Dec 2, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #3,082 of 9,235
$94 Tributes anyone? If yes then 
frown.gif
= my wallet

Quote:
Quote:

They're quite different, but I'm assuming Amazon is saying that only in the sense that the Trumpet is technically the latest (hence, newest) Miles Davis series in-ear my Monster. The Tribute is still one hell of an in-ear. 
smile.gif

Quote:
Monster Miles Davis Tribute going on Lightning Deals on Amazon at 1:15 PM PST! (in around 50 minutes as of this writing)

http://www.amazon.com/Headphones-Accessories-Supplies/b/ref=cm2011_ln_hdph?ie=UTF8&node=172541&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=left-2&pf_rd_r=0T25SP8S4P1QJPCAPV4H&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1336951602&pf_rd_i=384082011

EDIT: $229 not a very good deal and still 
frown.gif

Dec 2, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #3,086 of 9,235
Quote:
Quote:

The main noticeable differences between the two is in their presentation, where the FX700 is much warmer sounding than the neutral to slightly north of neutral sounding EX100. The FX700 also boasts an aggressive high and low end (but only in the best of ways), as compared to the more balanced presentation of the EX1000. However, the FX700's midrange is not the least bit lacking. I've spent weeks time with the FX700 as my exclusive in-ear, and with my entire vocal trance collection, I've never found the mids lacking presence. On a technical scale, they're both exceptional in-ears through and through. With regards to timbre, the FX700 is still the one to beat, but the EX1000 is no slouch either. I'd also recommend paying a closer look to |joker|'s review of either one, if you haven't done so already. The link can be found in my signature. All the best! 
smile.gif

Thank you for your insight!  I guess it boils down to if I want a more neutral, analytical IEM than the FX700.

Dec 2, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #3,089 of 9,235

Quote:
In your opinion, how were the FX700s better than the EX1000s?  I'm in love with my FX700s but am debating picking up a pair of EX1000s too since the two are often noted as the two "best" dynamic universal IEMs.  If the FX700s are truly better, the EX1000s wouldn't be worth buying at all...

Well most people don't have the issue with the sibilance like I do. So you may end up loving them. Not to mention they were thin sounding. No weight to the notes when compared to the FX700 (anemic). Bass is top quality but lack quantity. The EX1000 clearly have a treble spike in the lower region and I pickup on that like a radar lol.

Dec 2, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #3,090 of 9,235

Quote:
Quote:

smile.gif

Due to the treble spike for me that is, I found the EX1000 much more aggressive in the treble to the point of being unbearable. I find the FX700 much smoother and while aggressive, nothing like the aggressiveness of the EX1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back