The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Nov 27, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #2,838 of 9,235
The phiatons are like the 5th thing I landed that sell out after 2 secs, but I thought they would be priced lower so I didn't buy it. Why are you guys refreshing on amazon, its not necessary and prob the reason you are not getting the deals.

Nov 27, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #2,840 of 9,235

Quote:
The phiatons are like the 5th thing I landed that sell out after 2 secs, but I thought they would be priced lower so I didn't buy it. Why are you guys refreshing on amazon, its not necessary and prob the reason you are not getting the deals.

honestly I wasn't even  going to really buy them, it was more of a test to see if they would sell out instantly. I really wanted to get the hd 600s  on friday but 3 minutes after I received the notification on my iphone from amazon they were already sold out. so im wondering if it will even be worth the effort tomorrow IF anything I want even goes on sale (hoping for 200-300$ headphones) 

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #2,842 of 9,235
I got the lightning deal, $59.99. Here's the thing, at 8:03pm they were 100% claimed and the wait list was full. For the heck of it, I kept refreshing my browser every few minutes. Suddenly, around 8:15 the web page showed 15 in stock, and allowed me to purchase the lightning deal. I never went on the wait list or anything. Who knows how Amazon works these things? Anyway, order placed. Got my confirmation email. Now showing out of stock.

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #2,843 of 9,235
I forget the name of it, but there is a program that can automatically check the price of an item on Amazon and then buy it for you. I'd imagine that is what people are doing to get these deals. If it can check every 10 seconds, there is no way you're going to beat it doing it manually.

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #2,844 of 9,235

Quote:
I forget the name of it, but there is a program that can automatically check the price of an item on Amazon and then buy it for you. I'd imagine that is what people are doing to get these deals. If it can check every 10 seconds, there is no way you're going to beat it doing it manually.

It has the name "sniper" in it.

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #2,845 of 9,235
Quote:
maybe there is another IEM forum only for Chinese and Indian (total = 2.5bn population) which have millions and millions of members, and all of them are buying at the same time :)

I am sure that's not the case as Amazon does not directly ship all the items and for the rest, shipping cost + customs duty would become the deal breaker. I wish it was true though!

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #2,846 of 9,235
You know I didn't want to say anything but after following the Amazon lightning sales and the gold box deals for the last few days I have to say for every good deal I ran across there seems to be 10 not so good deals and 50 deals on products that for a lack of a better word look like complete cheap garbage. I'm rather surprised, I've heard stories from friends who went to the States for black Friday concerning fist fights breaking out in the store isles over insane rock bottom pricing on electronics etc. One friend said he saw a fight between two guys who were trying to punch one another out at WalMart over the last available on sale laptop for under a hundred bucks. Another friend said he was at Target waiting in line to get in and he and his wife nearly got trampled because once the doors opened it was a massive push of people running inside as quick as they could. Although I saw some great deals I thought the Black Friday sales on Amazon would offer far more better quality products and bigger discounts. I'm rather surprised, American Black Friday seems like only a slightly more hyped version of my Canadian Boxing Day sales. Was anyone else disappointed with the Amazon black Friday sales?

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #2,847 of 9,235
I've been watching the Amazon lightning deals pretty steady here for the past week and they do end exceptionally fast. I got in on the MEElectronics CC51's and while the screen was loading to the cart the % claimed jumped to 67%. I also decided to buy a pair of MEElectronics A151's when they came up and they went as quickly. I was really trying to decide which of the two to get but I solved that by applying the old logic I've gained from other hobbies of getting them both to settle that problem.
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #2,848 of 9,235
Nov 28, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #2,849 of 9,235
Yea I was kinda disappointed by the fact that they also repeated a lot of the same products everyday. But I did get some great deals. To be honest even amazon's crappy deals were still better than a lot of the brick and mortar stores that were offering things such as a non name brand 720p 32inch LCD for $20 off as their main attraction.

Quote:
You know I didn't want to say anything but after following the Amazon lightning sales and the gold box deals for the last few days I have to say for every good deal I ran across there seems to be 10 not so good deals and 50 deals on products that for a lack of a better word look like complete cheap garbage. I'm rather surprised, I've heard stories from friends who went to the States for black Friday concerning fist fights breaking out in the store isles over insane rock bottom pricing on electronics etc. One friend said he saw a fight between two guys who were trying to punch one another out at WalMart over the last available on sale laptop for under a hundred bucks. Another friend said he was at Target waiting in line to get in and he and his wife nearly got trampled because once the doors opened it was a massive push of people running inside as quick as they could. Although I saw some great deals I thought the Black Friday sales on Amazon would offer far more better quality products and bigger discounts. I'm rather surprised, American Black Friday seems like only a slightly more hyped version of my Canadian Boxing Day sales. Was anyone else disappointed with the Amazon black Friday sales?

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #2,850 of 9,235

Quote:

Quote:
Yea I was kinda disappointed by the fact that they also repeated a lot of the same products everyday. But I did get some great deals. To be honest even amazon's crappy deals were still better than a lot of the brick and mortar stores that were offering things such as a non name brand 720p 32inch LCD for $20 off as their main attraction.

i blame the media, honestly there are only those one or two good deals and they're for very specific people (xbox 360/ps3, most people have one already or a pc system, headphones, please, nobody in their right mind other then brainwashed consumers and slightly nutty headfiers would think $100 is a bargain for a pair of iems) other then that,the majority of the deals are meh but the trampling, pepper sprays make the festivities even more festive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back