The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Nov 25, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #2,646 of 9,235
I bought the UEs AND the Klipsch, lol. Will probably cancel one of them since the UEs are just a spare and the Klipsch are an impulse foot-in-the-door buy, but I might accept both... :)

I'll buy the TF10s off of you in person if you were gonna cancel, lol.

Nov 25, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #2,647 of 9,235
What's this wait list thing? The MC5's went on sale, but there's not an Add to Cart option. Only a View Lightning Deal and Wish List option. So when I select the MC5's in that list, pick the color I want, it then tells me I'm on a Wait List.

When the deal first went on I hit Add To Cart, but nothing is in my cart.

Anyone come across this?

EDIT: Nevermind I got it. You just gotta wait for an Add To Cart option.

So anyways, the Etymotic MC5's are on sale for $46.99. Usual price is $59. I've been wanting an Etymotic brand, and since these are said to be the er6i's successor(with better build quality) I thought these would be a good choice. If I dig them then I can always upgrade to their more top of the line series.

Nov 25, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #2,648 of 9,235
I'd be willing to buy someone's TF10s off of them if they're willing to sell (in the case they bought 2 or they have an extra already or whatever). If you're willing to sell, PM me.

I literally got home just after the sale ended.

Nov 25, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #2,649 of 9,235
X10 deal seems to still be going if anyone missed out on the TF10 deal. Not a bad trade, though unlikely to be a good candidate for custom reshelling (or at least I never hear of anyone reshelling them.)

Edit: Googling, some have reshelled them. Not sure why you'd reshell a single BA IEM that is held as one of the most comfortable, but there it is.

Nov 25, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #2,651 of 9,235

Quote:
"Since so many people bought the TF10 and I know 80% of you will find them uncomfortable... We should try for a group discount for reshelling"

someone figure out how!

I'd be in on that, assuming I hate the fit and love the sound (which is likely, since no one seems to love the TF10 fit, yet most love the sound).

Hell, if they'll throw in the $30 cable for free (cable probably costs them what...$5 wholesale?) I don't even need a price discount.

Nov 25, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #2,652 of 9,235

Quote:
Get TF10 then reshell = Win. =)

Best 3 driver customs under 200 USD.

Wouldn't it be more like:

$95 TF10s
$40 Audiologist Mold
$90 Fisher Remold
~$10 shipping
= $235?

I'd love to get a custom mold done for less than $100 out the door.  Is that possible?

Nov 25, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #2,653 of 9,235

Quote:
I'd be in on that, assuming I hate the fit and love the sound (which is likely, since no one seems to love the TF10 fit, yet most love the sound).

Hell, if they'll throw in the $30 cable for free (cable probably costs them what...$5 wholesale?) I don't even need a price discount.

Quote:
"Since so many people bought the TF10 and I know 80% of you will find them uncomfortable... We should try for a group discount for reshelling"

someone figure out how!

Group Discount would be nice, let me know if some one gets this together, I might be in.

Nov 25, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #2,654 of 9,235
Just ordered the X10 for 95$!

There's some left in stock so hurry if you want them! I'm upgrading from the image S4, I hope the difference in sound quality will be worth it. Anyways, for 95$ it can only be a good deal (I paid more than that for my s4i a few months ago..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back