The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Nov 25, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #2,611 of 9,235

Quote:
I need some tips on tips.

What are some recommended tips (other than Monster foams) that make these phones more comfortable?

I love the sony hybrid tips.  The seal is so good in my ears that it feels like I'm sucking out my brain when I take them out 
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #2,613 of 9,235

Quote:
don't get the cables from Ultimate ears. Get some better after market ones.

I may do both.  I like the idea of having the option to use the inline remote and mic with my iPhone, and then being able to change it to a better cable for use with my amp and iPod.  

Speaking of which, my friend makes his own interconnects all the time and has a bunch of silver wire - are there ends available on the market that fit the headphones?

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #2,615 of 9,235

Quote:
I still have 2 on the page where one chooses the shipping address I guess is still possible to buy it ?

give it a try for sure, but I don't think it is. I tried to one-click it like 5 times about 10 minutes ago and none of 'em went through :frowning2: i also tried adding to cart but that didn't work either.
but oh well, got the X10s instead.

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #2,616 of 9,235

Quote:

I may do both.  I like the idea of having the option to use the inline remote and mic with my iPhone, and then being able to change it to a better cable for use with my amp and iPod.  

Speaking of which, my friend makes his own interconnects all the time and has a bunch of silver wire - are there ends available on the market that fit the headphones?

I'd avoid changing the cable too often. The cutouts in the plastic where the cable contacts meet the earpieces get loose over time if you constantly swap cables. That's how I ended up losing the left earpiece on my current set after 2 years of use and 3 cable replacements. Get an aftermarket cable as even the $40-$50 ones will last a lot longer than the stock cables.

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #2,623 of 9,235

Quote:
Wouldn't it be more like:

$95 TF10s
$40 Audiologist Mold
$90 Fisher Remold
~$10 shipping
= $235?

I'd love to get a custom mold done for less than $100 out the door.  Is that possible?

You can do the impressions yourself for like $10. It's an almost idiot proof process of jamming a cotton ball in your ear, and then filling a syringe with goop and shooting it in there. There are multiple kits online. Alternatively, Kozee (a reshelling company), will send you the kit for free with the price of reshelling ($120 or so). 

I'm not sure if I'll use Fisher or Kozee yet. Need to see how good the universal fit is first (maybe it will be perfect? Who knows?)

(disclaimer: I am not at fault if you screw up the self impressions and injure yourself. Buyer beware.)

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #2,624 of 9,235
I'll take one TF10

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #2,625 of 9,235

Quote:
Do you guys think i should jump on the X10? I have MEE A151 which are also single BA, how different could they be?

Very much so actually. The TF10 made me want to ask for a bit of an advance on Christmas money. The X10 makes me want to hold off though because they've been steadily lowering in price and I have other things on my mind, but by all means, if you have the cash, get them! They're quite an interesting BA. If I may, they're pretty...BA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back