The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Nov 6, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #2,161 of 9,235
Anyone wanna go halfsies on a pair of 750s?
beyersmile.png

Nov 7, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #2,166 of 9,235
You can get a new set of Monster Turbines from JandR, or B and H for ~$86.

Good deal if you want em since new is around 120, or 50 for refurb. But they're known to break easily, so i wouldn't recommend refurb.

Nov 7, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #2,168 of 9,235

Quote:
You can get a new set of Monster Turbines from JandR, or B and H for ~$86.

Good deal if you want em since new is around 120, or 50 for refurb. But they're known to break easily, so i wouldn't recommend refurb.

that might actually be a better reason to buy refurbs, I'm sure they fix whatever the problem is before they go back out.

Nov 7, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #2,169 of 9,235
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC23
$38.95 after code "SOUNDON5"
http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=ATHANC23

Nov 7, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #2,171 of 9,235

Quote:
that might actually be a better reason to buy refurbs, I'm sure they fix whatever the problem is before they go back out.

A good mfg might do that, but the problem is the wires, or iphone controller crapping out after normal usage. So the refurb has a 90 day warranty. New is one year, plus you can get another year with Amex double warranty. It's just not worth the risk with these particular phones with refurb.

Nov 7, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #2,172 of 9,235
Yea, saw that and was really tempted. But I got in doodoo for buying some sony zx700 recently from my parents. Recently gotta a job, hopefully futureshop will have some boxing day sale for those! or something.. at least save up some more money and get em. They look so nice imo

Nov 7, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #2,173 of 9,235
James is absolutely right. Brand new turbines have a much higher defect rate than refurbs, mainly because the two pieces of housing not have been applied enough glue to hold together. The refurbs are just like the brand new ones, but with fixed housing and a re-inspection of the overall quality. They are "factory refurbished", not "used", so I don't see how "wires crapping out after normal usage" has anything to do with it. 

Also, if the refurbs break not too long after the 90 days, you can ask for warranty replacement. They will send you a brand new one, while you get to keep all the original accessories so you have two sets of all the accessories. 

Quote:

A good mfg might do that, but the problem is the wires, or iphone controller crapping out after normal usage. So the refurb has a 90 day warranty. New is one year, plus you can get another year with Amex double warranty. It's just not worth the risk with these particular phones with refurb.

Quote:

Nov 7, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #2,174 of 9,235
it's really not that big a deal, when i had coppers, i added a bit of superglue to put them back together when they came apart, they never came loose ever again.  it's not rocket science!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back