The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Oct 31, 2011 at 9:06 AM Post #2,119 of 9,235
Play.com have the klipsch s4 in white for £30.00

tempted at that price but don't really need 'em.

Nov 1, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #2,120 of 9,235

Quote:
This weekend...MEElectronics SP51 for $27 http://www.meelec.com/Sound_Preference_In_Ear_Headphones_s/330.htm.  Coupon codes:  "SPooky51" "SHIPPING_COUPON"

Thanks for the link , i just bougth the SP51 with the coupon code,  $34 including shipping to Argentina.
I'm a new member , i've been learning a lot , really good info here.
Hope i can grab more deals like this one , there aren't many stores willing to ship to my country.

Nov 1, 2011 at 6:16 AM Post #2,121 of 9,235
Now I'm in 2 minds, the SP51 with the codes or the Dunu Trident.....works out about the same.  What people recon?

Nov 1, 2011 at 7:38 AM Post #2,122 of 9,235
Hey NuckinFutz...I've never tried the Trident; however, I just got my SP yesterday and I like it.  After burn-in the sound sig might change, and i may LOVE it haha.  I've been listening to it with the black plate because I LOVE my bass.  But even with the black plate I think it's pretty clear...mind you I did have to EQ a little to try and bring mids forward just a tad.  It's a HUGE step up from my M-9's which is to be expected.  I think the bass is deeper and cleaner but it's soft.  The overall sound is smooth.  You also get 3 different plates to look for the SQ you like.  For my musical tastes though, I'll probably only be using the black plate.  Overall I'm happy with the clarity it has and also bass output...great value I'd say.  I don't notice microphonics, but I have to wear them over the ears to get a good seal and I think build quality is excellent.  I think my next purchase will be a Hippo VB because I like the bass quantity and clarity of the SP, but I just want it to hit harder....I'm a basshead I guess haha.

Nov 1, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #2,123 of 9,235

Quote:
Hey NuckinFutz...I've never tried the Trident; however, I just got my SP yesterday and I like it.  After burn-in the sound sig might change, and i may LOVE it haha.  I've been listening to it with the black plate because I LOVE my bass.  But even with the black plate I think it's pretty clear...mind you I did have to EQ a little to try and bring mids forward just a tad.  It's a HUGE step up from my M-9's which is to be expected.  I think the bass is deeper and cleaner but it's soft.  The overall sound is smooth.  You also get 3 different plates to look for the SQ you like.  For my musical tastes though, I'll probably only be using the black plate.  Overall I'm happy with the clarity it has and also bass output...great value I'd say.  I don't notice microphonics, but I have to wear them over the ears to get a good seal and I think build quality is excellent.  I think my next purchase will be a Hippo VB because I like the bass quantity and clarity of the SP, but I just want it to hit harder....I'm a basshead I guess haha.

Thanks Sublimity. I think my decision been made for me anyway, Frogbeats are out of stock of the Tridents, I've asked when they will be back in. 
How are you finding the highs and the comfort?  The only things that concern me about the SP is the reports of sibilance and the size.  I hate sibiliance, I'd rather loose a bit of detail to not have it.

Thanks in advance.

Nov 1, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #2,126 of 9,235

Quote:
When I type the coupon codes for the SP51, it says that the codes expired. Does it work for you guys?

LOL, oh no!  Yes same for me, says it expired yesterday!
eek.gif

Oh well, looks like I'll be waiting then.

Nov 1, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #2,127 of 9,235
Nope... Amazon ain't selling any Westone 4s. BESTSELLER21 is selling Westones through Amazon Marketplace.

Neither is an authorized seller. And for $20 more bucks I'd rather get it at Earphonesolutions with 2-year warranty. 

Quote:
Amazon has Westone 4's at $339.

http://www.amazon.com/Westone-Four-Driver-Universal-Earphones/dp/B004M4RTUY

I think I'm going to order a pair this weekend.

Nov 1, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #2,128 of 9,235

Quote:
Thanks Sublimity. I think my decision been made for me anyway, Frogbeats are out of stock of the Tridents, I've asked when they will be back in. 
How are you finding the highs and the comfort?  The only things that concern me about the SP is the reports of sibilance and the size.  I hate sibiliance, I'd rather loose a bit of detail to not have it.

Thanks in advance.

Comfort is decent...it's a shallow fit but once I have it in my ear it fits quite snuggly.  I haven't noticed any sibilance issues with the black plate.  But mind you I haven't worn them for extended periods so tomorrow I'll have a much better idea of comfort over a long period along with if I notice sibilance through a variety of tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back