The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Jan 13, 2011 at 7:05 AM Post #452 of 9,235

Quote:
Quote:

Ecost has a horrible reputation as a seller buy from them at your own risk.

that may be true, but you can always give J&R a call for a price match
wink.gif

Jan 13, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #454 of 9,235
AMAZON: Klipsch X10s for $192.

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Image-X10-Noise-Isolating-Earphone/dp/B000WAHFBK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1294949140&sr=8-2

I also posted this in the 'general' forum before I found this thread.

Jan 13, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #457 of 9,235
^ I would still pass on that. Been comparing them to the Nuforce NE-700X (which I don't even like that much) and there's simply no contest. Nuforces are cheaper as well.

Jan 14, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #459 of 9,235

Quote:
Quote:
^ I would still pass on that. Been comparing them to the Nuforce NE-700X (which I don't even like that much) and there's simply no contest. Nuforces are cheaper as well.

So what do you like and dislike about these? What would you rate them overall?

This is not the place for a review but I'll post a full one in a week or so. I like the build quality, attention to detail, and fit of the Teknines. I don't like the lack of midrange and treble clarity, a.k.a. the 'veil' - it's really very thick and distracting. I've probably been spoiled by nicer earphones but I can't remember the last time I heard an earphone that was this veiled after two days of burn-in, and do I listen to a lot of good budget-level earphones on a daily basis. I was hoping it would clear up but hasn't so far. I think they, like the Beats, are for a very specific type of listener - one who cares more about looks than SQ. 

Jan 14, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #460 of 9,235
Quote:
i'm not sure how these differ from the cx680is that i posted recently on sale for $10 more than these, but Newegg is offering Sennheiser CX680s reduced from $120 -> $40 usd:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106418&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL011111&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL011111-_-EMC-011111-Index-_-HeadphonesAccessories-_-26106418-L014B

Awesome! I've been looking forever for decent sports headphones! I knew it was time to upgrade when the buds that came with my Nokia X3 phone sound way better than my old Shure E2Cs! When running on the treadmill, I could never get those suckers to stay in.

Jan 14, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #461 of 9,235

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So what do you like and dislike about these? What would you rate them overall?

This is not the place for a review but I'll post a full one in a week or so. I like the build quality, attention to detail, and fit of the Teknines. I don't like the lack of midrange and treble clarity, a.k.a. the 'veil' - it's really very thick and distracting. I've probably been spoiled by nicer earphones but I can't remember the last time I heard an earphone that was this veiled after two days of burn-in, and do I listen to a lot of good budget-level earphones on a daily basis. I was hoping it would clear up but hasn't so far. I think they, like the Beats, are for a very specific type of listener - one who cares more about looks than SQ. 

Thanks that was what I needed to hear and I appreciate it. As always your incite is super helpful.

Jan 14, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #463 of 9,235

Quote:

I decided to pull the trigger on these last night, mainly because of this deal and the cool blue pinstripe that matches my Nokia MusicPhone.

Oh yeah, and all the positive reviews here @ Head-fi 
ksc75smile.gif

But I must say I am already pissed at eCost for refusing to deliver to my PO Box, resulting in an additional $16 of shipping charges to my location. I usually get off the bus when that happens but the deal was still much better than everywhere else, so I went for it anyways. Hopefully the rest of this transaction will go smoothly but I can't say I wasn't warned!

BTW, there would have been no price matching as this brand is nowhere to be found on J&R's website.

Jan 15, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #464 of 9,235
Good luck grokit I hope it works out. I have myself taken the ecost leap of faith as I like to call it on some really good deals I have found there. I am about 50/50 on my sucess rate of them actually having the product or it being what was advertised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back