The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Dec 11, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #6,692 of 9,235
don't forget to go through your favorite cashback site w/ that groupon deal.. currently, the best is topcashback @ 16%.  Please PM me if you are planning on signing up for TCB, I will give you a referral that will earn me a couple bucks :)

Dec 11, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #6,693 of 9,235
Quote:
Nice deal!
Sony Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones – Online Deal
http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-sony-balanced-armature-in-ear-headphones
The Deal
$99 for one pair of Sony dual-driver in-ear headphones with iPod/iPhone remote (XBA-2iP) ($219.99 list price)
$129 for one pair of Sony three-driver in-ear headphones with iPod/iPhone remote (XBA-3iP) ($299.99 list price)
$149 for one pair of Sony Bluetooth in-ear headphones (XBA-BT75) ($299.99 list price)
$199 for one pair of Sony noise-canceling in-ear headphones (XBA-NC85D) ($499.99 list price)

Bummer.....took me all the way thru and then said "Cannot ship outside contiguous United States"

Dec 11, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #6,695 of 9,235
Nice deal!
Sony Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones – Online Deal
http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-sony-balanced-armature-in-ear-headphones
The Deal
$99 for one pair of Sony dual-driver in-ear headphones with iPod/iPhone remote (XBA-2iP) ($219.99 list price)
$129 for one pair of Sony three-driver in-ear headphones with iPod/iPhone remote (XBA-3iP) ($299.99 list price)
$149 for one pair of Sony Bluetooth in-ear headphones (XBA-BT75) ($299.99 list price)
$199 for one pair of Sony noise-canceling in-ear headphones (XBA-NC85D) ($499.99 list price)

Quote:

Bummer.....took me all the way thru and then said "Cannot ship outside contiguous United States"

B@$(@*$, I will be in CA at the end of the month so I shipped a pair of XBA-3iPs there. Thanks Cmarti for sharing!

Dec 11, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #6,696 of 9,235
Quote:

Quote:

B@$(@*$, I will be in CA at the end of the month so I shipped a pair of XBA-3iPs there. Thanks Cmarti for sharing!

Quote:
really? then my bank account thanks you. (sometimes outsiders are (un)lucky)

Zelda, "where there is a will there is a way".....

Dec 11, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #6,698 of 9,235
Quote:
My pleasure, I am tempted to pull the trigger and get me the 3's

Are you referring to $129 for the xba-3's? If so, then that is a great deal.I have them and they sound fanastic on my SGS2 and Clip Zip. But be aware that they can be sensitive to the source:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/639244/multi-iem-comparison-vsonic-gr07-ultimate-ears-ue700-tdk-ba200-etymotic-research-hf5-and-audeo-pfe-112/45#post_8943832

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #6,699 of 9,235
Your location is Florida too, have seen any warehouses or stores of Groupon.

On the link you gave, there is a statement by Groupon saying

Grow Your Business
Get new customers and grow your business by selling on Groupon.
See why thousands of businesses have succeeded advertising on Groupon.

I'm just anxious to know whether these have the 90 day warranty that Sony offers & whether they are authorized reseller.

It also mentions "Over 260 bought"

This is one of those moments when "THE TRIGGER FINGER" gets the cramps

I never shopped with Groupon, hence the hesitancy. Have you ever bought from them before?

Not sure if you're from the US, but Groupon (and its competitor LivingSocial) is pretty popular here. I and most of my friends use it pretty regularly for goods, services, restaurants coupons, etc.. I've send complaint twice about businesses who refused to fulfill the coupons/services and have gotten back cash credits - they didn't return cash, only equivalent credits that can be applied to future purchases. But you may be able to press for money return if unhappy with it. I haven't had to do that since I use groupon pretty regularly.

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #6,700 of 9,235
Quote:
Cable noise has never bothered me and this with be my first BA
smily_headphones1.gif

You won't be dissapointed, this UE700 is amogst the first bunch of IEM that I owned, few years later still my favourite for travelling, and my second favourite for listening at home

Let us know what you think about it, no need to burn in with this one 
beyersmile.png

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #6,702 of 9,235
Quote:

Are you referring to $129 for the xba-3's? If so, then that is a great deal.I have them and they sound fanastic on my SGS2 and Clip Zip. But be aware that they can be sensitive to the source:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/639244/multi-iem-comparison-vsonic-gr07-ultimate-ears-ue700-tdk-ba200-etymotic-research-hf5-and-audeo-pfe-112/45#post_8943832

Those are the ones I got. Do you mean low impedance when saying sensitive?

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #6,703 of 9,235
Now that I look at it, it looks like the best cashback is 5% at topcashback.. The 16% doesn't apply to groupon goods, and the other sites that are offering cashback don't have any better than 5% for groupon goods either.. :/

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #6,704 of 9,235
Quote:
Those are the ones I got. Do you mean low impedance when saying sensitive?

Yes. That link (and the linked link) provides the technical details. The end result for me though is that the xba3's (and the light blue tips) sound incredible to me from either my laptop, SGS2 or Clip Zip, and they by far are the only IEM's I have that I am 100% happy with (based on SQ, fit, isolation and comfort).

Dec 12, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #6,705 of 9,235
Quote:

Yes. That link (and the linked link) provides the technical details. The end result for me though is that the xba3's (and the light blue tips) sound incredible to me from either my laptop, SGS2 or Clip Zip, and they by far are the only IEM's I have that I am 100% happy with (based on SQ, fit, isolation and comfort).

Very good to know :) I have very sensitive IEMs now.....so I think IAG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back