The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Nov 28, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #6,527 of 9,235
How are they compared to Denon D2000's?  I have been looking for something portable but resembling the D2ks....and I've yet to find anything, sadly =[  (CAL!, philips uptowns, dj100 TBSE, M50, Klipsch One, Zoro, and a few other cheapies)

Sorry I can't help you with that one. I have never heard the D2000s. I can tell you they are dramatically better than the uptowns and dj100s, but with the difference in price I wouldn't think they would be as good as the D2000s. I realize you might find them cheaper, but the D2000 is hard to find new and even used are getting $310 on Amazon.

Nov 28, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #6,528 of 9,235
Quote:
You're probably looking at the non-mic version. Click below the price where it says "with Microphone" and there will be a lightning deal link on the right side of the page where you would normally add it to your cart.

Here's that link: http://www.amazon.com/b/?_encoding=UTF8&ie=UTF8&node=1288710011

Click the right arrow until you see the AF78...

The AF56 were ~$53 on black friday on amazon. I snagged a pair of those.

Any good? The AF56? There is another sale listed at 7:30 Pacific, as noted. But when I scroll on the side to side deal bar, the original pair are gone.

Nov 28, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #6,529 of 9,235
From the full size deals thread monster is selling through ebay brand new Miles Davis Trumpets for $149.99. Couldn't resist as I already have a pair of Golds but this is just too good to pass.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monster-Miles-Davis-Trumpet-Earphones-with-ControlTalk-/120929597094?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item1c27f736a6

Nov 28, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #6,530 of 9,235
Quote:
Quote:

I have both and I slightly prefer the HD25 1 it is very close, however.

How are they compared to Denon D2000's?  I have been looking for something portable but resembling the D2ks....and I've yet to find anything, sadly =[  (CAL!, philips uptowns, dj100 TBSE, M50, Klipsch One, Zoro, and a few other cheapies)

Sony MH1C, sound almost same as D2K.....check it out

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632892/review-sony-mh1-the-best-kept-secret

Nov 28, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #6,531 of 9,235
Quote:
From the full size deals thread monster is selling through ebay brand new Miles Davis Trumpets for $149.99. Couldn't resist as I already have a pair of Golds but this is just too good to pass.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monster-Miles-Davis-Trumpet-Earphones-with-ControlTalk-/120929597094?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item1c27f736a6

That is a very good deal if you get the full Monster lifetime warranty. Only thing wrong it says is blemished packaging. And it is from Monster (checked seller). I have a pair and really love the sound, much more than any other Monster IEM I have heard.

I checked the ebay site and it appears the Monster lifetime warranty is in effect (it says the warranty is whatever the cards in the package say). I know when they sell in their bargain site at monstercable.com, they limit the warranties to 90 days, which to me might still be worth the risk. But it's not clear on ebay. I would say it will stand up as a legit purchase for the Monster lifetime warranty. That means, if it fails you get replacements indefinitely. If you break it, crush it or step on it, the Monster warranty was you get a "one time" replacement too (in other words, it it's non-functional and its your fault). With Monster's spotty QC track record, the warranty is important.

Nov 28, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #6,532 of 9,235
That is a very good deal if you get the full Monster lifetime warranty. Only thing wrong it says is blemished packaging. And it is from Monster (checked seller). I have a pair and really love the sound, much more than any other Monster IEM I have heard.

This is what I found on the site and even though the wording is crazy I think it has the warranty that comes with the warranty card included in the package so since these are brand new it should come with the full Monster warranty.

Limited Warranties:
Monster makes no warranties except those stated in the Monster limited warranty cards accompanying the Products. MONSTER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MECHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT.

Nov 28, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #6,534 of 9,235
Anyone know about the Audiofly AF781's ??? They list at $199 without Mic - they are a Amazon Lightning deal in about 2 hours..... Dual Driver with dynamic and BA drivers... hmmmm wonder how much??

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #6,535 of 9,235
Quote:
Anyone know about the Audiofly AF781's ??? They list at $199 without Mic - they are a Amazon Lightning deal in about 2 hours..... Dual Driver with dynamic and BA drivers... hmmmm wonder how much??

I haven't heard them myself, but I know some people here that don't really like it, if you really want a hybrid, checkout T-Peos H-100, this is the thread

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630235/t-peos-h-100-hybrid-iem-appreciation-thread

Follow the instruction on the first page of the thread on how to order.

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #6,536 of 9,235
Quote:
Any good? The AF56? There is another sale listed at 7:30 Pacific, as noted. But when I scroll on the side to side deal bar, the original pair are gone.

I don't know about the AF56 yet, I haven't listened to them. I won't have a chance to listen to them anytime soon either, as they are going to be a gift for my wife for xmas so that she'll have a pair for running since she broke my MTPGs 2 weeks ago. Yes, they have the warranty, but she has trouble keeping them in her ears when she uses them for running. So the AF56s will hopefully be the answer to her problem. From what little I've read about them on here they seem to be pretty good.

The original pair doesn't show up any more because the sale for each of the items only lasts for around 4 hours, I think. You can click on the missed deals and they should show up in there as expired.
Quote:

My guess would be somewhere between $100-$120. The AF78s from earlier with the mic were $120, and the list price for them on Amazon is $10 higher than the non-mic version.

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #6,538 of 9,235
Mine are in 'packaging' - nice to know my woodies are on the way.

Nov 29, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #6,540 of 9,235
Directly from the Aurisonics Facebook page:

PECIAL ONE DAY PRICING coming Friday December 7th. This will be your chance to pre-order the ASG-2 at a 25% off pre-release price and take advantage of 25% off of our custom AS-1 and AS-2 series In-Ear monitors including aesthetic options. Pre-orders and special pricing will be valid December 7th 2012 only and are not valid on the ASG-1 or any of our other products (to respect our dealers). ASG-2 will begin shipping final week of January 2013 after its official launch at NAMM January 24-27th in Anaheim, CA. Our booth number at NAMM is 1076. Stay tuned more info coming...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back