The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Mar 11, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #4,276 of 9,235
I was about to buy the GR07 from lendmeurears with PayPal, but the total jumped up to $143.25 US dollars after shipping. I'm also charged with an additional $4 currency conversion fee if I pay with my credit card. The final price isn't that far off from lendmeurears' $159 offer on eBay. Maybe I can afford to wait some more...

Mar 11, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #4,277 of 9,235

Quote:
I was about to buy the GR07 from lendmeurears, but the total jumped up to $143.25 US dollars after shipping. I'm also charged with an additional $4 currency conversion fee if I pay with my credit card. The final price isn't that far off from lendmeurears' $159 offer on eBay. Maybe I can afford to wait some more...

As I remember don't they offer free shipping for international customers? From their website:

"Dear all, we just realise that the discount codes for free shipping isn't working at the moment. Please check out the item and we will refund you the shipping fees once we have sent the item out. We are very sorry about this and we seek your forgiveness."

Mar 11, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #4,278 of 9,235
Oh, I didn't know about the free shipping. I just selected the $3.82 US shipping option during checkout.

I was charged $133.70 USD total on the website, but PayPal charged me $143.25 USD after the currency conversion. I emailed lendmeurears about this, and I got a reply real quick. They asked for screenshots, and they said they'd refund me the difference after I buy. I sent the screenshots and will probably hear from them soon.

Mar 11, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #4,279 of 9,235
I just popped over to the lendmeurears site and I see the GR07's are going for SGD170 (USD135)...Where was it mentioned it was going going 129.88?

Keen to grab a pair of them GR07's...but silver?

Mar 11, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #4,280 of 9,235
If you go in the site and change currency to USD at the top, it comes out as $129.88.
It's an awesome price, I'd definately get them if I hadn't gotten the similar GR06 just a few weeks ago...

Mar 11, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #4,282 of 9,235
After reading lots of positive reviews / comments about the GR-07, coupled with this sale, I decided to pull the trigger on this deal as well but I ran into the same issue as you did being in the USA.  I did the same as you and sent them a message from the "Contact Us" page on the website but I cancelled the order before confirming PayPal.  Did you get any further follow up from them yet?

Quote:
Oh, I didn't know about the free shipping. I just selected the $3.82 US shipping option during checkout.

I was charged $133.70 USD total on the website, but PayPal charged me $143.25 USD after the currency conversion. I emailed lendmeurears about this, and I got a reply real quick. They asked for screenshots, and they said they'd refund me the difference after I buy. I sent the screenshots and will probably hear from them soon.

Mar 11, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #4,283 of 9,235

Quote:
After reading lots of positive reviews / comments about the GR-07, coupled with this sale, I decided to pull the trigger on this deal as well but I ran into the same issue as you did being in the USA.  I did the same as you and sent them a message from the "Contact Us" page on the website but I cancelled the order before confirming PayPal.  Did you get any further follow up from them yet?

No, not yet. I didn't place an actual order yet either. I'm waiting for their response to make sure I'd be refunded the difference.

Mar 11, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #4,284 of 9,235
Mar 11, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #4,285 of 9,235
Boy, I better stop reading this thread before I have to declare bankrupcy. At any rate, I had the same thing happen to me ordering the GR07-my PayPal total was $143.25. I went ahead, but contacted the seller immediately to let them know what happened, and that I'd want the order cancelled if not at the advertised price (PayPal is usually very good at handling problems and cancelling orders in conflicts). Just happened a few minutes ago, I'll see what the response is.

Mar 11, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #4,286 of 9,235
Boy, I better stop reading this thread before I have to declare bankrupcy. At any rate, I had the same thing happen to me ordering the GR07-my PayPal total was $143.25. I went ahead, but contacted the seller immediately to let them know what happened, and that I'd want the order cancelled if not at the advertised price (PayPal is usually very good at handling problems and cancelling orders in conflicts). Just happened a few minutes ago, I'll see what the response is.

I know what you mean. I've been lurking this thread for a couple of weeks while researching a replacement for my broken S4's and been seeing great deals but havn't found the sweet spot yet after buying a couple sub $50 IEM deals. I was thinking of doing the same as you just incase of OOS or the deal dropping before I get a response but I don't want to get stuck eating the extra cost without an assurance. I havn't heard any bad things about Lend me UR ears and I know they are recommended by many head-fi'ers. It is 1AM in Singapore right now so a response wouldn't come for awhile I would think.

Mar 11, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #4,289 of 9,235
It may be early AM, but I did hear back quickly from Lendmeurears. They write that they don't understand what is happening, may be something to do with currency conversion, and promised to refund me the difference between the advertised price and the price charged me (makes sense-if a price is posted in the local currency, that varies from day to day, and PayPal reflects that unless the seller sets it up initially to stay the same in dollars. I'm guessing they don't know how that works yet). At any rate, I have no reason to doubt them from what I've read so far and the quick response I got.

Mar 11, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #4,290 of 9,235
It may be early AM, but I did hear back quickly from Lendmeurears. They write that they don't understand what is happening, may be something to do with currency conversion, and promised to refund me the difference between the advertised price and the price charged me (makes sense-if a price is posted in the local currency, that varies from day to day, and PayPal reflects that unless the seller sets it up initially to stay the same in dollars. I'm guessing they don't know how that works yet). At any rate, I have no reason to doubt them from what I've read so far and the quick response I got.

I know what you mean. I've been lurking this thread for a couple of weeks while researching a replacement for my broken S4's and been seeing great deals but havn't found the sweet spot yet after buying a couple sub $50 IEM deals. I was thinking of doing the same as you just incase of OOS or the deal dropping before I get a response but I don't want to get stuck eating the extra cost without an assurance. I havn't heard any bad things about Lend me UR ears and I know they are recommended by many head-fi'ers. It is 1AM in Singapore right now so a response wouldn't come for awhile I would think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back