The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 23, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #19,141 of 19,652
Why does the fiio daps tend to get hot some reason

Apr 24, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #19,143 of 19,652
Is there any way/are there any plans to enable pulling the track title from the ID3 information when browsing by category? It is nice to be able to browse by other metadata, but seems odd that the track names themselves aren't indexed.

Apr 25, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #19,144 of 19,652

OK, so I bought a Qp1r for an "upgrade" to my X5 to drive my Ether Cs.......Imagine my surprise when I found the X5 was actually more powerful than the Qp1r and the vaunted SQ difference was almost non existant

Apr 25, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #19,145 of 19,652

OK, so I bought a Qp1r for an "upgrade" to my X5 to drive my Ether Cs.......Imagine my surprise when I found the X5 was actually more powerful than the Qp1r and the vaunted SQ difference was almost non existant

Wow, I'm really surprised by this
blink.gif

QP1R was seriously on my wishlist, as I've read multiple times about its (supposed) superb sq. Also reading about its (terrible?) scrollwheel and 10K file limit made me cautious though...

Maybe your QP1R needs some extra burn-in time?

Apr 25, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #19,146 of 19,652
Wow, I'm really surprised by this
blink.gif

QP1R was seriously on my wishlist, as I've read multiple times about its (supposed) superb sq. Also reading about its (terrible?) scrollwheel and 10K file limit made me cautious though...

Maybe your QP1R needs some extra burn-in time?

Maybe, but I've been burning it in Since April 17th non stop, easily 100+ hours. And i don't believe burn in will give it extra power to make it more powerful than the X5. The scroll wheel IS terrible; a lot worse than I expected because it's non responsive and getting to songs is a real pita. 

X5 UI and scrolling wheel actually WORKS by comparison and it just feels like a more polished product (never thought I'd say that!)

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #19,147 of 19,652

The problem with the X5 not being recognised by the computer is a well known BUG and problem which firmware updates have not fixed. Joe and James (FiiO) are WELL AWARE of the problem. I'm very disgruntled as a result. FiiO cut the crap stop acting surprised when someone reports this to you. Stop sending customers round in circles. Take ownership of the problem do a recall and fix it!  I laugh when I hear FiiO making an announcement referring to "Most dear valued customers".  It's ingenuous BS face washing. FIX THE X5 problem by doing a recall.

In the mean time pay for my returning mine to you for a fix!

T

Apr 26, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #19,148 of 19,652
  The problem with the X5 not being recognised by the computer is a well known BUG and problem which firmware updates have not fixed. Joe and James (FiiO) are WELL AWARE of the problem. I'm very disgruntled as a result. FiiO cut the crap stop acting surprised when someone reports this to you. Stop sending customers round in circles. Take ownership of the problem do a recall and fix it!  I laugh when I hear FiiO making an announcement referring to "Most dear valued customers".  It's ingenuous BS face washing. FIX THE X5 problem by doing a recall.

T

Hmmm, you posted this (probably by mistake) 4 times
blink.gif

Anyway, I've never had a problem with my X5 (classic) being recognized by a computer over the 2 years that I have it and I honestly can't recall that many posts in this thread recalling that issue. But maybe I'm wrong (by not noticing that posts over that period), I'm surely not going over >19K posts to check it...

It's clear that you feel like this...
mad-as-hell.gif

but imo you could have chosen a more polite and friendly way to express your dissatisfaction
rolleyes.gif

Apr 26, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #19,149 of 19,652

T

Are you sure you didn't just forget to switch the X5 to DAC mode? Because i've had mine for a year now and every time my computer doesn't recognize it, it's because I forgot to switch it to DAC mode and it's still in storage mode. 

Of course there's also the possibility that you want it in STORAGE mode and it's in DAC mode, in which case it also wouldn't show up as an external drive.....

At any rate, that wouldn't be a bug but just guys forgetting to switch modes for their intended purpose. 

A *bug* means that ALL X5s are failing to be recognized by computers and I've *never* had that issue..........

Apr 26, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #19,150 of 19,652
I'm thinking about combining my X5II with a E12A with my Sennheiser HD25, anyone have any insight what this will do to the overall sound of my setup? 

Not a question if it's necessary or not, more curious about the outcome of the combination.

Thanks for any answers

Apr 26, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #19,151 of 19,652
  I'm thinking about combining my X5II with a E12A with my Sennheiser HD25, anyone have any insight what this will do to the overall sound of my setup? 

Not a question if it's necessary or not, more curious about the outcome of the combination.

Thanks for any answers

This is probably one of the best (very informative) reviews that gives an answer to that question:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-e12a-mont-blanc-portable-headphone-amplifier-for-iem-special-edition/reviews/11803

Btw, I never use my X5 (classic) without an amp these days...

beerchug.gif

Apr 26, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #19,153 of 19,652

Thanks for any answers

imo you're not going to get much of an improvement, I think forget about the E12a and you'll get better sound getting a new headphone.

Apr 26, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #19,154 of 19,652

Are you sure you didn't just forget to switch the X5 to DAC mode? Because i've had mine for a year now and every time my computer doesn't recognize it, it's because I forgot to switch it to DAC mode and it's still in storage mode. 

Of course there's also the possibility that you want it in STORAGE mode and it's in DAC mode, in which case it also wouldn't show up as an external drive.....

At any rate, that wouldn't be a bug but just guys forgetting to switch modes for their intended purpose. 

A *bug* means that ALL X5s are failing to be recognized by computers and I've *never* had that issue..........

No, it's a bug and many people have the same problem, I'd suggest you read this and other forums and you'll see it. Again FiiO is more than aware of the problem but they failed miserably in taking responsibility for it. A spade is a spade folks ! Customers paid good money for something that does not do what it's supposed and FiiO should do something about it.

Apr 26, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #19,155 of 19,652

T

There have only been a very few problems with USB modes, and Fiio always cleared them up for the customers. I would not bash them. I am sure they told you to send back to China. If your is not recognized by computer, and it is not your fault, it means it is an USB fault, which cannot be corrected by firmware, it would need repairs. 

I think you should calm a bit, and see what went wrong, Fiio have always been amazing with their customers. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back