The Fiio X5 Thread
May 1, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #8,281 of 19,652
Oh, now I know why he was pushing DOWN on my tooth 90% of the time when I expected him to be trying to pull my tooth out! So now I may not just have a wisdom tooth still lodged there, but 4 pieces of a wisdom tooth... man I really need to go check with another dentist tomorrow :rolleyes:

Wow...when I had mine out, they put me under and took all four...with good drugs too...I was in my mid twenties at the time and they were rather impacted. Glad I didn't have your experience Joe...

May 1, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #8,282 of 19,652
  If you press and hold center button it wakes up the screen and continue to hold it will bring up volume screen.

Nice! That is much better. Still would prefer to have the wheel adjust volume if the screen is off for very quick access, I wonder if that will ever be an option?
Thanks for the tip, though! It certainly helps.

May 1, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #8,283 of 19,652
Joe Bloggs, when do you think that FiiO will send new X5 to MP4Nation? Because I ordered mine one week ago, ans I still do not have any information...
Thanks in advance

May 1, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #8,285 of 19,652
  Nice! That is much better. Still would prefer to have the wheel adjust volume if the screen is off for very quick access, I wonder if that will ever be an option?
Thanks for the tip, though! It certainly helps.

if I am not mistaken just use the volume buttons on the side when screen is locked. Holding volume buttons change songs when the screen is locked. Tapping volume buttons quickly changes volume when the screen is locked. Ez pz.

May 1, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #8,286 of 19,652
Joe Bloggs, when do you think that FiiO will send new X5 to MP4Nation? Because I ordered mine one week ago, ans I still do not have any information...
Thanks in advance

Unfortunately mp4nation has a long backlog; if you read up the thread people who ordered them before April are getting them just these few days :xf_eek: We continually send stock out to different agents including mp4nation but certain very popular agents are bound to have a longer backlog than others...

Also FiiO is on holiday from 1 to 3 May, so expect new stock not to be sent out until 4 May at the earliest.

What do you mean by "not having any information"? What info were you led to expect from them (other than a X5 at your door :D )?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 1, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #8,288 of 19,652
Also getting very slow playback on DAC mode... sometimes it is finicky when switching between Storage and DAC, so I have to switch back and forth and unplug and replug the wire back in to get it to work.. this time it's playing my songs back at like half the speed or slower (I've also had it play back at 200% speed before). Restarting fixes it, though.

FW 2.0

May 1, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #8,289 of 19,652
So referring back to my post about my x5 being shipped from MP4Nation. Im pretty sure they just gave me a tracking number so I would leave them alone. The tracking number just says that they got shipping information to fedex and that is it. Doesnt even list the location of the x5. I really hope it is just an error and that it is on its way.

May 1, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #8,291 of 19,652
What do you mean by "not having any information"? What info were you led to expect from them (other than a X5 at your door :D )?

They don't update often their page, we can read "PREORDER 2 (LATE APRIL)" but we are now in May. ^^

May 1, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #8,292 of 19,652
OTG works fabulously!

at the moment i'm copying my 86GB of music to my 2 micro SD cards, so i can't use those.

May 1, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #8,293 of 19,652
  Actually, the volume buttons do work, but you just can't hold them down, you have to push them in one step at a time (*click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click*) 

Yap, that's what I was trying to say but my English writing skills aren't great.  Sadly it's my primary language :)

I think I typed it as: "Tapping volume buttons quickly changes volume when the screen is locked. Ez pz."

May 1, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #8,294 of 19,652
I just had a lockup on my X5, while playing a tune I went into the settings to change the screen timeout and it could not be selected. When I tried to go back to the tune nothing would happen and the X5 was frozen.

The only way out was to poke a pin in the reset hole then the X5 restarted, later I turned the X5 off then turned it on and was presented with it asking me for my language but the settings were not changed.

I hope this is a one off using FW 2.0

May 1, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #8,295 of 19,652
Anyone else having tracks skip while listening to the X5 under FW 2.0? I have gotten it a few times now, rather annoying, luckily turning it off and back on has fixed it each time so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back