The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 29, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #76 of 19,652
if fiio announces x7 , I will wait for it , because I don't exactly need or drooling all over X3 and X5 , I am still interested, doesn't mean I will just grab whatever comes first

That's not the kind of waiting I was planning to do, and similarly, I don't understand how some are thinking of geting the X3 first then sell just a few months later to get the X5 when depreciation is likely to kick in unless Fiio can't produce enough units to match demand. For starters, I doubt I'd be willing to spend any more than $300-ish for a portable given I do more listening at home, and if I wasn't the type to lug around a bag, I'd totally just use my phone, but there are times I really appreciate having a quality battery-powered system (long rides/flights, power outages, etc). Second, just looking at what might be in the X5 is worth the wait for me to at least see how it goes, given there 's something there that for now hints at a scroll/click wheel like on the iPod.

In any case I don't completely discount the possibility that even with the X5 available I might rein in my spending and just get the X3, then use the money on something else. It's just that, given the spec sheet, I'd like to get to try both first rather than buy one and sell it which effectively costs me money sin e I can't sell even a slightly used item at the same price (and I have meets and a locally-baed but internet published audio writing gig to get me good enough access for evaluation).

Apr 29, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #77 of 19,652
Quote:
if fiio announces x7 , I will wait for it , because I don't exactly need or drooling all over X3 and X5 , I am still interested, doesn't mean I will just grab whatever comes first

In 2015 when they announce the X7, news of the X9 will be out as well. Will you then wait for the X9?

Apr 29, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #78 of 19,652
Quote:

X9 already exists.....
wink.gif

May 4, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #81 of 19,652
I really wonder when we will have some ideas about X5 apart from that it will be FiiO's Reference Level DAP. I am really curious about sound characteristics as well as capacity and battery life and for god's sake, please keep physical buttons, I hate touchscreen controls.

A little hint: I like my sound as accurate as possible, without any additional color to it 
wink.gif

May 4, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #82 of 19,652
Agreed, I just hope that the output impedance will remain low enough for CIEMs. Lots of waiting for be done for the x3, x5, and ibasso dx50! 

May 4, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #83 of 19,652
Quote:
Agreed, I just hope that the output impedance will remain low enough for CIEMs. Lots of waiting for be done for the x3, x5, and ibasso dx50! 

Output impedance is a big thing I agree, the discussion AK100 thread was getting really hot sometimes because of that. Well, James knows what to do I believe. I also think the way you do, low output impedance so we can throw iem/ciems as well as full sized cans.

May 6, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #84 of 19,652
I don't know if it is true but people have some kind of spec list of iBasso DX50 and at there we see wifi, Android 2.3 and relatively low battery life.

We can say that the ones who doesn't like these things can find peace in FiiO I hope 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #86 of 19,652
any idea on the ETA of the x5? or how much it's gonna be?
my player is dead and i'm going nuts without my music... 

if its in the long distance i'll just buy the 2 of them lol :)

May 6, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #87 of 19,652
Quote:

subscribe to the x3 thread - the very helpful james of Fiio keeps giving out little tidbits of information on there -

latest news is price to be around $400 and due out end of 2013

May 6, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #89 of 19,652

The first post of this thread has all the information. ETA is end of 2013 (this is probably ETA in China though). Price is around $400.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back