The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 28, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #46 of 19,652
However he didnt say whether it will exactly the samenor would have a different form factor

If you meant the exact exterior design/layout (what and where controls/input/output are), then only James (Fiio's CEO) can answer you. James may or may not want to disclose those details this early. The Chinese reviewer of X3 said that he saw photos of X5's engineering sample but would not provide more details.

Apr 28, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #47 of 19,652
Quote:
If you meant the exact exterior design/layout (what and where controls/input/output are), then only James (Fiio's CEO) can answer you. James may or may not want to disclose those details this early. The Chinese reviewer of X3 said that he saw photos of X5's engineering sample but would not provide more details.

thus I asked james. which according to another poster all of the stuff I asked is up there on the op when its not

would it still be a candybar ? would be it a box?

Apr 28, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #48 of 19,652
Well, it also took me (also a native Chinese) a while in figuring out what 'V587' stands for.
This literally means 'powerful' (V5 for 威武) and 'dominating' (87 for 霸气).

So the X5 will look spectacular for short.

Welcome to Headfi and thanks for helpin with the translation. What would you suggest as exact translation? How about changing "v587" to "solid" or "masculine"?

Apr 28, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #49 of 19,652
thus I asked james. which according to another poster all of the stuff I asked is up there on the op when its not

would it still be a candybar ? would be it a box?

Please kindly define your exact question. What do you mean by "candy bar" vs "box"? Sorry and no offense, but such terms are vague and not distinct. James' definition of "candy bar" may become "box" in your eyes. 

If you have worked in a patent law firm with design/technology patents, you would understand that vague terms carry no legal meaning and have to be defined in numbers, pictures or clear descriptions. For example, is 10cm * 4cm * 1.5cm a "candy bar" to you? how about 10cm * 4cm * 2 cm (does that 0.5cm tickness increase turn a "candy bar" into a "box" in your definition?)

Apr 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #51 of 19,652
Quote:
Please kindly define your exact question. What do you mean by "candy bar" vs "box"? Sorry and no offense, but such terms are vague and not distinct. James' definition of "candy bar" may become "box" in your eyes. 

If you have worked in a patent law firm with design/technology patents, you would understand that vague terms carry no legal meaning and have to be defined in numbers, pictures or clear descriptions. For example, is 10cm * 4cm * 1.5cm a "candy bar" to you? how about 10cm * 4cm * 2 cm (does that 0.5cm tickness increase turn a "candy bar" into a "box" in your definition?)

I mean whether that the x5 will look just like a bigger x3 or instead if it will look like say an ak 100 , will it have different design aesthetic , or will it just be the same casing with different innards and size , those kind of stuff

Apr 28, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #52 of 19,652
Clieos isnt Chinese.He is Malaysian. And from the looks of it. He speaks/reads Chinese.
http://www.blogger.com/profile/06397854823276676128

I was talking about the first poster in this ERJI thread:
http://erji.net/read.php?tid=1450426

That guy is probably not ClieOS. He lives in southern China (likely Guangdong province).

Apr 28, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #54 of 19,652
James answered my question on the other thread (X3). Basicly it is too early to learn more about X5's specs. That said, we already know that it will be a reference level DAP. Fingers crossed, waiting patiently.

Apr 28, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #56 of 19,652
Quote:
No offense but I was NOT "trying to mention" ClieOS. If I meant "ClieOS" I would have typed "ClieOS" instead of "Chinese reviewer". Please, let us not argue about irrelevant things. The content and quality of a review article is more important than which person I wanted to refer to. I knew that ClieOS is a Chinese-speaking/reading Malaysian back in 2009 (2 yrs before you joined Headfi) and I have been to his blog.

I mean this peacefully....

I think you may, perhaps, have misunderstood bowei006. I think he meant he was respectfully acknowledging that he had made a small error to you.

Peace.
beerchug.gif

Apr 28, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #59 of 19,652
I love it when everything settles down and peace comes back again. I am relatively new in Head-Fi but I do like the community in here really. That's one of the best reasons why I like here so much.

Apr 28, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #60 of 19,652
I'm surprised, with all this talk of the X3 and X5, that no one has asked anything about the X4...

( 
evil_smiley.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back