The Fiio X5 Thread
Feb 17, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #4,531 of 19,652
  Hi,

as i am in China pretty soon i checked several resellers for the X5 and noticed that the pictures differ quite a lot when it comes to the texture of the wheel. What is the final texture on the X5? I´ve seen the smooth one in this thread, but what´s the final one?

Anyone got a clue? James?

Thanks a lot in advance

Stefan

The final texture as of now is the smooth plastic. Not the edggey metal.

Feb 18, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #4,534 of 19,652
I did not want it to be worth it so I could save money. After more experience with the 846 at the store I say yes it was worth it. I usually carry it with me on my daily journey. The X5 is very neutral sounding which is nice and nice also because the X5 has an equalizer. I have the X3 for some time and it is a bit a tad on the warm side and it made the 535 more bassy and well it goes well with the 846. The 846 goes well with many players and many styles of music.

Thanks and thank you for the extra info you pm'd me . :)

Feb 18, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #4,538 of 19,652
  Does tthe X3 or the X4 support shortcuts so playlists can be made in file view for now

The X3 and X5 support a Favorite function, it is very baisc though. No real playlist making unless you have playlists made on the SD card.

And nope, X4 doesn't support anything. FiiO doesn't have an X4. They are skipping that number.

Feb 18, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #4,542 of 19,652
March is getting close. Still no official release date for the USA?

There has never been an official release date.

It's always been a

FiiO: We are going to release between month 1 and month 2

(getting close to the date)

FiiO: The days our shipment batches are going out to countreies ___, ___, ____ are these days.

or

FiiO: There has been a delay so shipments are leaving _____ etc

There is no official release day. There is the 'approx week or two' in where they make their devices worldwide availble by shipping them out. How long it takes to reach its destination AND to be stocked and put on the website's of their authorized retaillers is another thing. Last time, it took Micca about 3-4 days to put the device on their site after they most likely received it.

Feb 19, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #4,545 of 19,652
Hi guys,

If you already own the X5 and have the problem where the media library update hangs or finishes without showing new songs, please send me a pm. :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back