The Fiio X5 Thread
Feb 16, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #4,516 of 19,652
I know many of you want a feel for how the X5 works WITHOUT the long 10+ min videos of people going through every little function.

so I made a quick 1-2min video showing very quick UI usage if you haven't already seen it.

If you want more X5 videos, check them out here:frowning2:youtube playlist)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwVIrRPoDClo7BGnA99CTJ9eq0v8cfY8L&feature=mh_lolz

Feb 16, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #4,517 of 19,652
  I know many of you want a feel for how the X5 works WITHOUT the long 10+ min videos of people going through every little function.

so I made a quick 1-2min video showing very quick UI usage if you haven't already seen it.

Nice!

Thanks for doing this. I watched it and I get good feel for the UI now. Looks great, short and to the point.

beerchug.gif

Feb 16, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #4,518 of 19,652
  Nice!

Thanks for doing this. I watched it and I get good feel for the UI now. Looks great, short and to the point.

beerchug.gif

You're welcome

I'm the type of guy that want a quick 2 minute video on how one would normally - and quickly - use a device. I can't stand 10+minute videos when all I want is a really quick gist of how I'm gonna be going through it.

I felt others had a similar sentiment, so why not make one. The amount of likes I got in a day shows me that people dig it :wink:

Obviously, there is a 40% amount of 'talking' and walking people through it. The video could have been 50s but that would be a crap video.

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #4,519 of 19,652
ku-xlarge.png

I thought that was the instructions for YouTube instructional videos though.....

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #4,520 of 19,652
He's also a part time (hand) model....

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #4,521 of 19,652

You have a point but at the same time you risk getting burned when listening to advice period. Whether that be on this forum or anywhere else for that matter. I've been burned several times on this forum and with time I've learned who I can trust and who I can't. Still that doesn't mean I won't be disappointed in all future purchases. But I've at least minimized the risk. It's when you find individuals who you share common preferences with & concepts of sound is where it's really at.

Oh, I agree - it doesnt make sense to blindly rely on everything one reads, be it from professional reviewers or, even more so, from keen hobbyists (who may mean well but lack both the skills and objectivity needed for reviewing).   With all due respect to my fellow Head-fi brethren (and "sistren"), some of the stuff I read here just makes my mind boggle.   People are describing "massive" differences in soundstage between 2 firmwares of the same device, for example.   And the TH600 treble was described as "warm" somewhere.

Despite that, there are a lot of benefits to reading about things like UI, responsiveness, battery life, etc. where objective user reviews can help.     I dont want to get into that too much, as I have already been banned from one thread for this, but in general, I wish as a forum, we are a little more critical/objective.   Of course, that might end up dragging things down to the old rec.audio.* flamewars, so maybe this is for the best.

Anyway, I'd love to keep hearing about how well/reliably the X5 scans 64GB cards, especially when the ID3 tags havent been cleaned up, and also how it does with gapless.   Those 2 factors will decide whether or not i buy it.

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #4,522 of 19,652
Feb 17, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #4,523 of 19,652
Mine scanned without a hitch, but I've only got about 15 albums loaded so far. All my files are tagged like this:

Artist Name  - Album Name >

01 - Track Title
02 - Track Title

and so on...

I avoid punctuation in titles/names, too.

Feb 17, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #4,524 of 19,652
I would really have to try it for myself, mike didn't bring it when I was visiting , so maybe next week .Since mike and my ear is pretty much the same (I like the same sound sig as his) and he actually likes the x5  sound , I will have to see if I can live with the UI

Feb 17, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #4,527 of 19,652
  Mine scanned without a hitch, but I've only got about 15 albums loaded so far. All my files are tagged like this:

Artist Name  - Album Name >

01 - Track Title
02 - Track Title

and so on...

I avoid punctuation in titles/names, too.

I do "01 Yadda Yadda".

Feb 17, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #4,528 of 19,652
Hi,

as i am in China pretty soon i checked several resellers for the X5 and noticed that the pictures differ quite a lot when it comes to the texture of the wheel. What is the final texture on the X5? I´ve seen the smooth one in this thread, but what´s the final one?

Anyone got a clue? James?

Thanks a lot in advance

Stefan

Feb 17, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #4,529 of 19,652
The one with the smooth, matte finish is the final version (with a coat of rubber on the wheel). The other with the metal finish are all pre-production units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back