The discovery thread!
Jul 22, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #12,196 of 100,514
BTW if the mids are not clean, don't panic and sell as a lot of people did here. They need patience to shine and I daresay they command attention in public. People will crane their necks to get a glimpse of these monsters and give an appreciative nod.
I was stopped by people for the first time in my life just so they could have a look and listen. Not a single person disliked them.

Nice! And though I do love their style, I really don't think I'll start lugging them around when I'm on the move, I have my IEMs for that. Only time they will leave the house is when I eventually show them off at an audiophile meet. :)

Those sound phenomenal btw. Having good bass is very different from having just massive amounts of bass. Will have them in mind when I put together my Haswell rig in August. Thanks man!

Jul 22, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #12,198 of 100,514
Quote:
Just make sure you have a good amp. Better amp means better sound in this case.

As Jeremy Clarkson would say POWEERR!

I currently only have the BH2 and e07k. Would either of them be sufficient, or would I need to be looking towards a more capable desktop Amp? (again, the amp will probably be plugged to the PC most of the time instead of switching roles between portable and stationary rigs.)

Jul 22, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #12,200 of 100,514
Just ordered the new NuForce NE-700X for $49 shipped, based on Dsnuts' comparison to the Basso.  I was denied at $48 offer, but accepted at $49 offer:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NuForce-NF-NE-700X-SE-In-Ear-Earbud-Headphones-Earphones-w-Inline-Mic-and-Case-/360697392913

Will be comparing them to my Zero Audio Carbo Tenore.

Here is Dsnuts' thread on the NuForce:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/672193/review-the-new-and-improved-nuforce-ne-700m-ne-650m

VS Zero Audio Basso DX210..
The tuning is very similar to the bassos. I think on some tunes I wish the bassos had just a bit more treble presence. The NE-700 is just this. It definitely has the treble beat as well as having overall a bit tighter sound over the bassos.  Bassos has more bass over the NE-700s just by a hair but overall bass is tighter than when I heard them on open box. I prefer vocals on the Ne-700. It is a touch more emphasis on the upper mids over the bassos. Vocals seems to pop out a bit more on the NuForces.. The extra sparkle is just the right amount without being artificial sounding. Vocals sound a touch thinner on the bassos. So textured fullness in the mids and a bit of extra sparkle on the Nuforces are what is winning me over. The bass level overall is similar but the bassos have a bit more sub bass presence. The Ne-700m has a touch more mid bass but instead of being obnoxious it gives a nice n tight amount of mid bass great to enhance the low end. The sound is a mix of many good sounding earphones is the best way to describe them. Sound positioning and separation is excellent as well..

Isolation on these earphones are actually good. They block out sound real nice. Much better than both the bassos and my CKS1000. With some tip rolling I settled on them marvelous Auveio tips sold at your local Radio shacks. Bass is much more in line with the rest of the sound using these tips. The stock tips are standard issue but tip rolling does help lean the sound to your preferred sound signature more so..

So for guys that are curious of the bassos yet don't want to tred the overseas tenso shipping waters it is simple. Try these instead. If you never tried a NuForce earphone try these.. While I can't say these are clearly a leap over the bassos like the CKS1000s are they certainly does a few things better than them. The sound is natural and engaging.. Thanks for reading. And as always. Happy listening.

Jul 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #12,202 of 100,514
Quote:
Are you sure these are the new and improve NE-700's phones that you ordered? These might be the older models. The auction says sales and clearance in the auction. It doesn't say anything about these being the new models.

All of the pictures they have for them indicate it's the newer version (right angle jack, matte chassis, the label on the box), so I'd say it's very likely.

In addition, they have the older versions on their site (X and M) as discontinued and with different model numbers (without "-SE"). "Sales and clearance" is just what eBay calls it when a seller decides to offer a discount on a product.

But I agree, they should indicate in text that it's indeed the new and improved version to clear up any confusion.

Jul 22, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #12,203 of 100,514
It does seem like it's the newer version. I didn't look at additional pictures in the auction. In one of the photos it does show it as the new and improved version. Just wanted to make sure that you were getting the newer version.  Just watching your back.

Jul 22, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #12,204 of 100,514
How are the newer NuForce's?

The older one's (NE-7M's) were absolute garbage build quality wise.  The sound was excellent though.  Deep bass, spacious soundstage, and great highs.

It's just the the build quality was atrocious.  The mic frequently stopped working and I've had more than 1 pair where the sound just completely stopped working in one ear.  These were rampant problems many owners had back during the older NuForce earphones.

Has the quality been improved in the newer models?  I'd be glad to purchase these again only if the quality has improved substantially.

Jul 22, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #12,205 of 100,514
Ya that is exactly what they did and the sound from reports have also been improved. Here is a quote from Wolfgang from NuForce.

We are mainly addressing the weakness in reliability of the previous NE700, particular, we had a new supplier to provide the 'monster like' earphone cable, which has 50% more and thinner strands of copper.  All the strain-reliefs are new structure for to prevent wire pulls, the 3.5mm is now 90-degree to reduce stress when the phone is in a pocket. Also the Aluminum chassis change into matted surface. Cost went up, but MSRP remained the same, $65 for X, $75 for M.

Jul 22, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #12,206 of 100,514
Ya that is exactly what they did and the sound from reports have also been improved. Here is a quote from Wolfgang from NuForce.

We are mainly addressing the weakness in reliability of the previous NE700, particular, we had a new supplier to provide the 'monster like' earphone cable, which has 50% more and thinner strands of copper.  All the strain-reliefs are new structure for to prevent wire pulls, the 3.5mm is now 90-degree to reduce stress when the phone is in a pocket. Also the Aluminum chassis change into matted surface. Cost went up, but MSRP remained the same, $65 for X, $75 for M.

Ooh interesting. Thx for the info.

Hmmm now to buy or not.

Jul 22, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #12,207 of 100,514
Quote:
How are the newer NuForce's?

The older one's (NE-7M's) were absolute garbage build quality wise.  The sound was excellent though.  Deep bass, spacious soundstage, and great highs.

It's just the the build quality was atrocious.  The mic frequently stopped working and I've had more than 1 pair where the sound just completely stopped working in one ear.  These were rampant problems many owners had back during the older NuForce earphones.

Has the quality been improved in the newer models?  I'd be glad to purchase these again only if the quality has improved substantially.

ha! I am to this day STILL rocking those, never had any issues I must be one of the lucky ones. Thanks for all the current/ongoing  impressions on these new models
beerchug.gif

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #12,208 of 100,514
Have been using the xb90ex for a couple days now and i have to say, these things have sub bass which are unheard of in an iem. Very rumbly but controlled sub bass with a light touch of mid bass. I do wish it had more mid bass though...

Hey snyper, you are using my viper4android irs preset right? It's got subbass boost cooked in. You want me to make that neutral reference preset or do you want me to cook in more midbass? :D

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #12,210 of 100,514
Pulled the trigger on X1 :)
So pumped! :D
Going to be pumping a lot of EDM through these, hope I will be satisfied :)
Oh and if anybody wants a good burn in method (also great to listen to as well) hit up the DnB channels on di.fm
Also currently looking at speakers to pump out tunes when I don't have my headphones on... Any recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back