The discovery thread!
Jul 6, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #11,701 of 100,706
Quote:
^
+2

The CKS1Ks are like the gr07 BEs on steroids!!! Holy crap this sound is nuts!!!
basshead.gif

Yes, they are freakishly good, and like I said, even moreso after extensive burn in.

And even getting the H-200's hasn't diminished my impressions of the 1K's - if anything, I am appreciating the 1k's even more. Their beautiful massive soundstage is something that I don't think you find in iems until you spend WAY more $$$. And the rest of their signature is just stupid good as well. Mesmerizing actually.

Jul 6, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #11,702 of 100,706
Quote:
^
+2

basshead.gif

Quote:

Yes, they are freakishly good, and like I said, even moreso after extensive burn in.

And even getting the H-200's hasn't diminished my impressions of the 1K's - if anything, I am appreciating the 1k's even more. Their beautiful massive soundstage is something that I don't think you find in iems until you spend WAY more $$$. And the rest of their signature is just stupid good as well. Mesmerizing actually.

Ooh, me want
biggrin.gif

It'll be between these and the S2's as my next purchase I reckon. Either will be a nice upgrade to my CKN70's I think.

Jul 6, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #11,703 of 100,706
Quote:
^
+2

basshead.gif

So sfwalcer, you dig the CKS1ks but not the WS99? I'm confused? 
confused_face(1).gif

Jul 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #11,704 of 100,706
Impressions for now

I'm not afraid by Eminem
Played on the sony walkman z1000

Bassos + cks99s 

Hype first :p

The basso earphones are awesome in every way now. Because of eminem’s “I’m not afraid” I can tell that it single handedly obliberated my earphone collection. It is up to part with the ortofon eq-5, fxz100s (actually above that), but most important of all, the re262s. Even the re262s, the ones I loved the most out of my collection (besides the eq-5 and the fxz), has beaten the ineffectient re262s!! The mids are to die for, the bass is plentiful, and the highs are a bit better than the 262’s itself, though because of its smooth sound, the highis are almost non-existant, but it is not recessed, it’s just so smooth….even with the slightest attention you’d be able to pick up the treble. The cks99s on the other hand, is a bit on the low rank because of its non-burned in processa t the moment.
Here’s the breakdown

Bassos = Awesome. All the words Eminem puts out are extremely clear, but his emotion stands out, similar ot the ortofons and hifiman. The mids act as if it is ethereal, similar to the highs, but only because of its smooth range. The bassos HAVE to be bought as Eminem cannot tell you enough how important his fearlessness is without the basso’s sound reproduction. Think slightly thick sound for some man power, along with the punchy bass and synthetic drums that have definition to provide a solemn atmosphere. The backup singers are simply amazing as they are the perfect example of separation. The bassos provided exemplary imaging for its price and I could tell them apart. Every instrument is acting on their own an dyou can tell that. The cks99s attempt this but not to the extent of the bassos.
The basss on the bassos are easier to feel, the cks99s are not as easy to feel, especially when it sounds a bit distant compared ot the bassos. The bassos have the frequency aligned while the cks99s have the mid-forward sound. Unfortunately the synthetic drums are sharper, and the mids are also just as harsh because of the silibance. It’s not as smooth as the bassos, but I will wait for the burn-in process.

Do not regret buying the bassos, but you may want to wait for the burned-in cks99s! So it will take at lest a week. I’d suggest if you can’t wait, do not hestitate. If you have faith in AT, please wait.

also, to the previous posters, I also had the similar idea while listening ot the ck99s. Dsnuts, It is thanks to you that I had thought of it, all because of your cks1000 thread, where it sounded washed up on the open box process, but then the burn-in helped LOADS. I hope it is the same with the cks99s! 

@sfw yes, the driver flex is present on my bassos, :frowning2:, but I'd rather have a driver flex with sound than one where I have problems listening to the awesome might of bassosssss!!!

SERIOUSLY, I WANT TO SING! MANY PRAISES!!!

Jul 6, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #11,705 of 100,706
Quote:
confused_face(1).gif

LoL, don't get me wrong i love them both, i wish i can keep them all if i could but i have bigger fish to catch.

The WS99s are amazing, and they sound great with all genres esp. hiphop/ rap/ trip hop/ EDM, pop etc. but like i said they just sound a bit too linear for me to justify keeping them. The CKS1Ks is more intricate in its presentation for some reason, cuz their sound is not as BIG was the WS99s but they have more subtle nuances that is easier to pick out. Maybe it is due to them being an iem, so the sound is more intimate but these nuances really makes listening to your old favorites more fun.  

Jul 6, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #11,706 of 100,706
Quote:
And even getting the H-200's hasn't diminished my impressions of the 1K's - if anything, I am appreciating the 1k's even more. 

Btw eric, I am in no way meaning to diminish the H-200's. It's just that none of my iem's come close to the huge soundstage of the 1K's. Having said that, the H-200's are sonically quite awesome, and my addiction to them is starting to firmly take hold!
size]

Jul 7, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #11,709 of 100,706
So the re-400 came in today.. I can safely say these are the best iem's I've heard to date.. They overtake my previous favorite the gr07 without much effort.. They are just so smooth and right sounding.. I'm surprised how much I already love them and how much I'm not in need of any extra bass as I was expecting significantly less than they have.. The fit is like they don't even exist in your ears.. Luckily the tips that came on them was the perfect size/fit so I've got no complaints there.. These should be heard by anyone whose buying other iems over $100 searching for the perfect sound.. They come as close as I've found under $150

Jul 7, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #11,711 of 100,706
Quote:
So the re-400 came in today.. I can safely say these are the best iem's I've heard to date.. They overtake my previous favorite the gr07 without much effort.. They are just so smooth and right sounding.. I'm surprised how much I already love them and how much I'm not in need of any extra bass as I was expecting significantly less than they have.. The fit is like they don't even exist in your ears.. Luckily the tips that came on them was the perfect size/fit so I've got no complaints there.. These should be heard by anyone whose buying other iems over $100 searching for the perfect sound.. They come as close as I've found under $150

Boring......................as in the iem. i'll give you 2 weeks tops. FOR SALE!!!
tongue.gif

Quote:
Quote:
confused_face%281%29.gif

Agreed..

Go back and read what i stated HYPED!!! TO INFINITY!!!

Jul 7, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #11,712 of 100,706
There's nothing really for me to sell them for.. Already heard everything else in this thread and they are better than all of them.. And that's without burn in.. I'm certain the only upgrade to these will be over 200 and it will be a while before a jump up there

Jul 7, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #11,713 of 100,706
Quote:
There's nothing really for me to sell them for.. Already heard everything else in this thread and they are better than all of them.. And that's without burn in.. I'm certain the only upgrade to these will be over 200 and it will be a while before a jump up there

HE HE HE those CKS1Ks you sold to WAYNE nuff said.
normal_smile .gif

Just teasing you, they are different animals/ flavors. But i know they kick the sh!T outta those FXD80s you love so much that's for sure.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 7, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #11,714 of 100,706
The 1k's only have soundstage on the re400's.. Everything else I strongly prefer on the 400's.. And they really do make the fxd80's sound harsh, thin and almost unlistenable.. That was a very sad comparison for me to experience first hand lol

Jul 7, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #11,715 of 100,706
Quote:
The 1k's only have soundstage on the re400's.. Everything else I strongly prefer on the 400's.. And they really do make the fxd80's sound harsh, thin and almost unlistenable.. That was a very sad comparison for me to experience first hand lol

Reality can be a beyatch!!! LoL Would you believe me that a well burn-in set of 1Ks sound like the gr07 BEs even more beefed up??? You should buy them again BURN them for like a week and compare it to those RE400s. If you don't like them still, i'll gladly take them off your hands. hoho
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back