The discovery thread!
Jul 2, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #11,581 of 100,750
Quote:
Welp these Corecoolios has been fun, but having a chance to audition the ATH 77X, Sony XB90EX, Zero Audio Bassos, JVC FXD80s, and the ATH CKS1Ks has put these Corecool V2s into proper perspective for me. They fit in very well within the price range and sound of most of the "bass" centric iems listed above esp. the Zero Audio Bassos, the ATH 77Xs and the Sony XB90EXs BUT doesn't really best them.

Despite the Corecoolios can no doubt hold their own, they are nothing really that extraordinary when compared to the rest. Sorry mochill that's Da' Troof.  I have to say that the Bassos are a more balanced/ slightly more refined version of these Corecools due to its more forward mids and highs but the Corecools are not that far behind at all. To me these Corecools are an even bassier version of the Bassos, due to their larger quantity in mid bass so if you are a true basshead and love your mid bass these Corecools is a great iem cuz the bass on these will grab you by the you know what!!!
L3000.gif

Having said that the ATH CKS1Ks are in a higher league from all the rest that i have listed. They truly deserves their hype and the set that i am auditioning hasn't even been fully burn in yet.
triportsad.gif
So mochill my dood, you gotta hear these CKS1Ks for yourself. These are truly worthy of the comparison to your beloved gr07 BEs unlike those Corecoolios. Trust a troll on this one.
wink_face.gif

Anywho, my mod on the Corecool V2s is finalized and i found that electrical tape works wonders in holding the filters in place:

Shameless plug, if anyone is interested in getting these Corecool V2s for a good price, check out my listing:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/643666/budget-fi-iem-jvc-fxz200-ath-ws99-sale-all-must-go

edit: i might do a write up of all the iems that i have just listed so here's hoping it's gonna be a nice and short one this time. :  P

Another reason that supports my want for the CKS1000s

Jul 2, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #11,584 of 100,750
Quote:
Having said that the ATH CKS1Ks are in a higher league from all the rest that i have listed. They truly deserves their hype and the set that i am auditioning hasn't even been fully burn in yet.
triportsad.gif
So mochill my dood, you gotta hear these CKS1Ks for yourself. These are truly worthy of the comparison to your beloved gr07 BEs unlike those Corecoolios. Trust a troll on this one.
wink_face.gif

I TOLD you they were as good as the MT300's, but you just wouldn't believe me! 

Seriously, I forgot that you were getting 1K's to audition. I'm stoked that you are enjoying them! They are friggin' awesome.

Surprising that dish housing of theirs doesn't cause me discomfort or pain at all!!! DAMN IT!!!! 
triportsad.gif

Ha ha! 

Jul 2, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #11,585 of 100,750
Btw, I'm looking forward to your thoughts of the CKS1000's to the GR07BE's. I find that the very wide and deep soundstage of the 1K's, as well as their layering and instrument separation, takes them to a different level of enjoyment for me. Combine that with bass that is ridiculously good and a very exciting and engaging treble, and they are magic to me 
size]

Jul 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #11,586 of 100,750
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 2, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #11,587 of 100,750
Just taking a break on something and decided to compare the FXD-80 to the RE-400. First, surprisingly the FXD80 is somewhat bigger and definitely heavier than the RE-400. Yet, I love the FXD80 sound signature and those cnt are something else with a good burn-in (I'm easy over 100 hours). So, first thing, the FXD80 has more bass than the RE-400 (although not significantly more). ........... And ..................

That's it! The RE-400 simply DESTROYED  the FXD80 ....Yes, destroyed it! I couldn't believe it! lol .. This RE-400 left the FXD80 sounding muddy and unrefined (never thought those two things about the FXD80 before). I played both at same volume setting through the Fiio E10/E9 combo.  The RE-400 just take vocals to one of the most natural sounding spheres I'ver ever heard. But beyond that, the RE-400 just cuts through the sound (as someone else else once state) like a surgeon, just pulling out every detail in the notes and the way the instruments are struck, plucked, banged, blown or strummed. It's the champ in clarity, transparency and natural timbre (and even weight of notes). Since I don't own the ASG-2 now, I have to say that the RE-400 and H-200 are the two best universals I own right now! Yes, even beating the great sound CKS1000 in sound quality. I don't know what's holding you guys back, but you're depriving yourself by not hearing this earphone. This earphone shows what $100 bucks can truly get you in sound. It sounds like a $300 or better earphone to me. I would put its refinement on EX1000 level without those awful harsh highs. I actually think it has better bass than the EX1000 or EX600. Okay, stepping off of the soapbox. By the way, I'm not really a Hifiman fan. While I think the build quality is just get enough if you take reasonable care of the earphone, it could be a lot better (the FXD80 is a tank in comparison to build quality of the RE-400). But at $100, I really don't think anything I've heard at that price level (even when the TF10 is sold at $100) can stand shoulder to shoulder to it. It's the clear champ at $100 in my humble opinion. 

Jul 2, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #11,588 of 100,750
@WAYNE

Will do, but what is it with you and your burnt bread fetish???
rolleyes.gif

@ericp

Welp those Chinaman RE-400 i am sure are fantastic technically but for people that love their bass i think they would not satisfy like the CKS1Ks. They seem to have very different sound signatures and spectrum emphasis, so it all boils down to personal preferences and which type of music you listen to the most.

But you're making it really hard for me to not get hyped about them 400s. haha
angry_face.gif
Too bad about their average at best built, they really need to step it up on that end.

Jul 2, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #11,589 of 100,750
So tell me Eric... are you enjoying those RE-400's? 
size]

Seriously, they sound like awesome iems. If I didn't just get the H-200's (which at this very moment are pretty much blowing my mind), I probably would have snagged the 400's. I will probably still do so, but it'll have to wait a bit. 

Anyway, cheers!
beerchug.gif

Jul 2, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #11,590 of 100,750
Quote:
@WAYNE

Will do, but what is it with you and your burnt bread fetish???
rolleyes.gif

@ericp

Welp those Chinaman RE-400 i am sure are fantastic technically but for people that love their bass i think they would not satisfy like the CKS1Ks. They seem to have very different sound signatures and spectrum emphasis, so it all boils down to personal preferences and which type of music you listen to the most.

But you're making it really hard for me to not get hyped about them 400s. haha
angry_face.gif
Too bad about their average at best built, they really need to step it up on that end.

I read you sfwalcer, and I'm more of a basshead than not one (although not a full basshead). So bassheads need to trust me when I say these are not bass-light. As matter of fact, the bass is not too much less in quantity than the H-200 (and the T-Peos is just shy of basshead levels). So yes, the 400s are less bass than the 200, but surpasses the 200 in bass quality. Now, this is hard to explain without you hearing it for yourselves, but the 400 like magnifies every bass note so that you hear the details in the bass. So it approaches bass from a different angle that different to my ears, yet it's so beautiful in sound.

Jul 2, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #11,591 of 100,750
Quote:
So tell me Eric... are you enjoying those RE-400's? 
size]

Seriously, they sound like awesome iems. If I didn't just get the H-200's (which at this very moment are pretty much blowing my mind), I probably would have snagged the 400's. I will probably still do so, but it'll have to wait a bit. 

Anyway, cheers!
beerchug.gif

Yes waynes world, I think the RE-400 and H-200 complement each other. So did I describe the H-200 right for you? Did I lie? Throw some Auvio tips on that bad boy if you have any. 
beerchug.gif

Jul 2, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #11,592 of 100,750
Quote:
I ready sfwalcer, and I'm more of a basshead than not one (although not a full basshead). So bassheads need to trust me when I say these are not bass-light. As matter of fact, the bass is not too much less in quantity than the H-200 (and the T-Peos is just shy of basshead levels). So yes, the 400s are less bass than the 200, but surpasses the 200 in bass quality. Now, this is hard to explain without you hearing it for yourselves, but the 400 like magnifies every bass note so that you hear the details in the bass. So it approaches bass from a different angle that different to my ears, yet it's so beautiful in sound.

^ BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! That's not what i want to hear. TAKE IT BACK!!! TAKE IT ALL BACK!!!
deadhorse.gif

Yeah your preferences are pretty basshead level most of the time. haha DAMNNNN. HYPED!!!

Jul 2, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #11,593 of 100,750
Quote:

Yes waynes world, I think the RE-400 and H-200 complement each other. So did I describe the H-200 right for you? Did I lie? Throw some Auvio tips on that bad boy if you have any. 
beerchug.gif

Yup! Nope! And I have some and will do!

I'm going to enjoy them for a while before trying to provide any impressions. And maybe let them burn in a bit more (apparently they don't have many hours on them). But their U shaped signature seems pretty much perfect for me. Come to think of it, these sound like high end Bassos! Interesting. I haven't tried them out with Lifted's trance yet, so that will be the big test lol (but something tells me they will pass with flying colors). But man, they're good.

Jul 2, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #11,595 of 100,750
Quote:
Just bought a pair of the re-400s.. Here's hoping they are actually that good.. I've ended up selling all the other IEM's I've had.. Next purchase up will be the h-200s

I will be surprised if you don't think they are, oneoseven. I'm surprised I love them like I do! You need a good Auvio tip or some nice double-flange ( I like the TDK IE800 double-flanges myself) to really bring the sound out. You need a nice deep insert. The stock tips are okay, but tip roll. They will perform for you. I'm listening to the Rolling Stones' "I Miss You," and the details being revealed makes me feel like I'm hearing this song for the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back