Line.jpg
Winning
SHURE SE215 Special Edition
Line.jpg
Winning
THE HOUSE OF MARLEY Redemption Song IE
[/size]

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #10,787 of 100,537
The Zero Audio's have great build and the decals doesn't seem to be stickers. The carbon fiber markings have an optical illusion when you move the earphones.

@CrystalIT, if you thought the CKN50 is just meh and too bassy, then the Tenore's would be better for you.

Jun 14, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #10,788 of 100,537
Is sfwalcer the only one with the corecool v2 so far?  Do they need to be modded?

Depends on how much bass you can take in your music. Unmodded these things are beyond basshead quantity of bass. To my ears they put out more bass than any can I have ever heard. Modded... well idk the bass is what has me hooked on these, I wouldnt dare mod them lol.

Jun 14, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #10,789 of 100,537
if they were that good they would have won an award

Jun 14, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #10,790 of 100,537
I have sf's corecool's right now with the mod and I do like the sound.  When I get some time, maybe Sunday evening, I'll do some comparisons.  The bass with the mod compares to the 77X so far.  The rest, not so much which isn't a good or bad thing.  

Jun 14, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #10,794 of 100,537

I don't have the cks1000 but they say it sounds similar to the basso. If it does then I would say they sound very different. Cks1000 is warm while ckn70 has a bright sounding signature. I wouldn't compare the two because it boils down to preference.

Jun 14, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #10,795 of 100,537
Just for you Gee. I have my CKN70 hooked up with my CKS1000 I have been listening to all day on my Audinst MX2..

I like to think the CKN70 is a mish mash of older and newer tech from AT. What I mean by this is while it is using some state of the art carbon nanotube Micro HD drivers. The way it was tuned is more traditional in approach over the Solid bass offerings by AT. The CKS1000 on the other hand is using older tech in traditional dynamic drivers but also utilizing some new dual chamber tech in combination with a high resolution large 13mm dynamic. Then added to that some really nice balancing that is nothing short of higher end newer tuning by AT.

I noticed AT goes for 2 types of sound that is attenuated on many of their headphones and earphones. For vocals and one for balance. Both these earphones represent some of the newer type tuning AT has been doing yet the the CKN70 has some similarities to some of their older models more so in sound from any of he newer AT offerings.. When doing this A/B I had a realization that the CKN70 has some similarities in tuning to their old flagship CKM99. The forwardness of the mids with a complete and dynamic full bass end of the CKN70 combined with the fact that it is using Carbon nanotubes in Micro HD form means detail is a plenty for the CKN70..

Listening to the CKN70 now on some vocal tracks..Vocals have a highlighted almost brightness to them because of upper frequency attenuation..This of course would make not only vocals stand out but also instruments stand out which is good for some and not for others. Ie Rock, metal. .So while the mids are forward enough to represent the newer AT balancing they are doing on all their recent offerings..These have vocal enhancement. Especially female vocals and make male vocals sound a bit higher pitched than they actually are or lower based on what part of the frequency the vocal hits. So a bit uneven.  Many enthusiasts want that instrument clarity and separation and while the CKN70 certainly does this well enough this attenuation is also the negative factor for many guys that want something with a bit less enhancement in that region.

Don't know if it is a carbon nanotube thing or not but the highs seem to reach extension with ease on these which is another negative or positive pending on how you like your highs. Treble energy and extension is as dynamic as the bass end on the CKN70s and guys that love a complete bass end sometimes don't feel the same way about the highs. It is a fine line that guys will either love or hate.. Admittedly it has been a while since I listened to the CKN70 and these do sound great but lacks smoothness and better balance of higher end AT sound. So with that said..

Enter the CKS1000. Vocals have much better fullness as well as the instruments you hear around them vocals. More natural? Yes. Better balanced? Yes. Better more refined treble extension? Yes. One of the best I have ever heard at any price without being peaky or fatiguing.. The highs to mids not only have a better refined presence but also has a greater sense of depth and space not too many earphones can match.. The stage, depth is smaller on the CKN70.. And stage is not one of their weaknesses. Why would you pay this much for a higher end AT? Simple.. More refinement my friend. The scale of music is greater more fuller while actually tuned better on the CKS1000.  So while the mids can and does have a bit of brightness on the CKN70 it does have some sweetness and good depth to them as well which makes female vocals sound amazing.  The CKS1000 replaces that with warmth smoothness and better more even balanced and deeper mids.

I have been listening to my CKS1000 all day today for a reason. I can listen to classical to jazz to trance to vocals and these don't skip a beat. I absolutely love these earphones. I can't wait to see what AT does next to top these. A new CKM model perhaps. CKM700 or CKM900???

Jun 14, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #10,796 of 100,537
^ Damn - sign me up! :)

Jun 14, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #10,797 of 100,537
Quote:
Just for you Gee. I have my CKN70 hooked up with my CKS1000 I have been listening to all day on my Audinst MX2..

I like to think the CKN70 is a mish mash of older and newer tech from AT. What I mean by this is while it is using some state of the art carbon nanotube Micro HD drivers. The way it was tuned is more traditional in approach over the Solid bass offerings by AT. The CKS1000 on the other hand is using older tech in traditional dynamic drivers but also utilizing some new dual chamber tech in combination with a high resolution large 13mm dynamic. Then added to that some really nice balancing that is nothing short of higher end newer tuning by AT.

I noticed AT goes for 2 types of sound that is attenuated on many of their headphones and earphones. For vocals and one for balance. Both these earphones represent some of the newer type tuning AT has been doing yet the the CKN70 has some similarities to some of their older models more so in sound from any of he newer AT offerings.. When doing this A/B I had a realization that the CKN70 has some similarities in tuning to their old flagship CKM99. The forwardness of the mids with a complete and dynamic full bass end of the CKN70 combined with the fact that it is using Carbon nanotubes in Micro HD form means detail is a plenty for the CKN70..

Listening to the CKN70 now on some vocal tracks..Vocals have a highlighted almost brightness to them because of upper frequency attenuation..This of course would make not only vocals stand out but also instruments stand out which is good for some and not for others. Ie Rock, metal. .So while the mids are forward enough to represent the newer AT balancing they are doing on all their recent offerings..These have vocal enhancement. Especially female vocals and make male vocals sound a bit higher pitched than they actually are or lower based on what part of the frequency the vocal hits. So a bit uneven.  Many enthusiasts want that instrument clarity and separation and while the CKN70 certainly does this well enough this attenuation is also the negative factor for many guys that want something with a bit less enhancement in that region.

Don't know if it is a carbon nanotube thing or not but the highs seem to reach extension with ease on these which is another negative or positive pending on how you like your highs. Treble energy and extension is as dynamic as the bass end on the CKN70s and guys that love a complete bass end sometimes don't feel the same way about the highs. It is a fine line that guys will either love or hate.. Admittedly it has been a while since I listened to the CKN70 and these do sound great but lacks smoothness and better balance of higher end AT sound. So with that said..

Enter the CKS1000. Vocals have much better fullness as well as the instruments you hear around them vocals. More natural? Yes. Better balanced? Yes. Better more refined treble extension? Yes. One of the best I have ever heard at any price without being peaky or fatiguing.. The highs to mids not only have a better refined presence but also has a greater sense of depth and space not too many earphones can match.. The stage, depth is smaller on the CKN70.. And stage is not one of their weaknesses. Why would you pay this much for a higher end AT? Simple.. More refinement my friend. The scale of music is greater more fuller while actually tuned better on the CKS1000.  So while the mids can and does have a bit of brightness on the CKN70 it does have some sweetness and good depth to them as well which makes female vocals sound amazing.  The CKS1000 replaces that with warmth smoothness and better more even balanced and deeper mids.

I have been listening to my CKS1000 all day today for a reason. I can listen to classical to jazz to trance to vocals and these don't skip a beat. I absolutely love these earphones. I can't wait to see what AT does next to top these. A new CKM model perhaps. CKM700 or CKM900???

Great write-up and comparison, Dsnuts. I absolutely love love love love the CKS1000! And the CKN70 is HIGHLY LIKABLE on my listening list .......BUT!!  ............. I'm sorry fellas (and ladies if any are in here). I'm listening to the S. Korean T-PEOS triple-driver hybrid H-200, and it blows the CKN70 out of the water and yes, it's sounds better (to my ear) than the CKS1000. That's not snatching anything from the CKS1000, but the instrument separation, clarity, transparency, weight of notes with the beautiful natural timbre of the dynamic woofer makes the H-200 the lowest costing TOP TIER earphone I've heard (base on MSRP). Yes, I did mean to type top tier! I'm listening through the Fiio E10 DAC/Amp connected to my iMac desktop, and just wow! this even blows the doors off my beloved W4. The S. Koreans got one right for my ears! Yes, I am kicking the hype train engine on this one!!

Jun 14, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #10,798 of 100,537
^ Damn - sign me up! :)

Jun 14, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #10,799 of 100,537
Ya my wife is in Korea right now. I would love it if she got me a pair from there. Lol..Aha wish I got in that $200 deal Oh well you snooze you loose.

I am getting something new that is gonna be very interesting and a first for the discovery thread here. Will disclose very soon. Oh and thanks my friend. You can hype any phone you have in your ears on this thread..

As you know hype is a good thing around these parts.

Jun 14, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #10,800 of 100,537
Quote:
Ya my wife is in Korea right now. I would love it if she got me a pair from there. Lol..Aha wish I got in that $200 deal Oh well you snooze you loose.

I am getting something new that is gonna be very interesting and a first for the discovery thread here. Will disclose very soon. Oh and thanks my friend. You can hype any phone you have in your ears on this thread..

As you know hype is a good thing around these parts.

You need to hear these earphones, Dsnuts. Sweet-talk your wife! lol 

And waynes world stop delaying! 

And thank you my friend for letting me rev up the hype train in here!! 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back