The discovery thread!
Feb 15, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #7,096 of 100,435
Quote:
I've spent the last hour listening to the Klipsch X10 ....but this is ridiculous. The extra bass and recessed lower mids certainly don't help either. 

Interesting.  I found them to be not as strong in bass as I'd like, and they are not harsh on the high end without the muffled sounding effect of lack of high end response.  Usually I've found that without spending many hundreds of $$ makers try to add high end sparkle to their product to make it sound "better".  I guess I am very sensitive to a bright high end, as I find that very hard to listen to for any significant time - this includes speakers as well for me.  I've been recommending the X10s when asked.  I also find them to be the most comfortable IEMs I've ever used.  We are all different I guess.

Feb 15, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #7,097 of 100,435
Quote:

Interesting.  I found them to be not as strong in bass as I'd like, and they are not harsh on the high end without the muffled sounding effect of lack of high end response.  Usually I've found that without spending many hundreds of $$ makers try to add high end sparkle to their product to make it sound "better".  I guess I am very sensitive to a bright high end, as I find that very hard to listen to for any significant time - this includes speakers as well for me.  I've been recommending the X10s when asked.  I also find them to be the most comfortable IEMs I've ever used.  We are all different I guess.

The issue isn't necessarily the tuning, it's how congested they sound. You may be sensitive to brightness, but this is on the other end of the spectrum. The treble is actually extended, with decent timbre, but there's hardly any of it.

Feb 15, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #7,099 of 100,435
A bit more info about the ad900x via this "head-fi member bashing" review lol:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/accessories/708449-audio-technica-ath-ad900x-review-2.html

I'm not about to start gushing and raving about these things myself, because that's waaaayyyy beneath me lol. But if I was going to gush and rave about any headphones, these would be it 
L3000.gif

Feb 15, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #7,100 of 100,435
Quote:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/accessories/708449-audio-technica-ath-ad900x-review-2.html

I'm not about to start gushing and raving about these things myself, because that's waaaayyyy beneath me lol. But if I was going to gush and rave about any headphones, these would be it 
L3000.gif

Not about to start gushing and raving!!!??? That's beneath you!!!??? Young man, get off of your father's head-fi post right now!! 

lol

Feb 15, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #7,101 of 100,435
Quote:

L3000.gif

Hey that's my link!!
Found it earlier and posted it on the deals thread, LOL!!!
Where's my beer 
beerchug.gif

Feb 16, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #7,103 of 100,435
Quote:
GUys.

I think I've found a diamond in the rough.

Still evaluating it and trying to convince myself of what I'm hearing.

Will update later.

Well, if that isn't the definition of a 'tease' I don't know what is. At least give us something to go on 
popcorn.gif

Feb 16, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #7,107 of 100,435
So, actually not bad for for 80 dollars. I was actually expecting these to sound worse than they do. Mids are nice and forward with some decent bass. Treble seems to take a bit of a backseat to bass and mids (which is cool with me). I need to get 25  hours burn in on them before I say much more, but we're starting out in the right direction. Nice build and construction, and the wood is beautiful. These are also very comfortable to me and has a decent sound stage (noticed like three tiny holes punched out at the top of each wood cup, so these aren't totally isolating headphones, and may help give a bit wider of a soundstage than you would normally get from solid wood cups).

http://www.amazon.com/Tribeca-Genuine-Studio-Headphones-Bubinga/dp/B009IZMWEU/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361000107&sr=1-2&keywords=tribeca

Feb 16, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #7,108 of 100,435
Quote:
^ LMAO the Fff is that contraption???

My thoughts exactly, but I'm keeping an open mind. Hell, if the price is right, i'll even try to see if I get similar impressions.

Feb 16, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #7,110 of 100,435
Google image search just revealed your secret! SUUUCKEEER (j/k 
beyersmile.png
)

http://goincase.com/products/style/Headphones

I'm guessing those are the "Pivot". It looks like the "Reflex" have a more comfortable earpad though. Looking forward to your impressions.

I'll take mine in primer/apple green for additional wtfness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back