The discovery thread!
Jan 1, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #5,764 of 99,838
2012 hasn't been the best year for me but I survived it and discovered some real nice gems on this thread.
It certainly has been fun finding them gems in the rough..I hope in 2013 we will finally bounce back from the sluggish economy that has stayed around a bit too long for my liking.

I also hope for many great new finds that will continue to innovate and advance our hobby forward. You guys leave your bad days behind you and I hope the new year brings excellence back into your lives. Stay healthy, stay curious, best of all enjoy what you have. You guys have a much better 2013. Happy new years.

Jan 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #5,766 of 99,838
Quote:
They don't stick out too far.  Here's a picture comparison with the XBA-3's.

Awesome pics, thanks for the exact comparison. Got some CKN50s coming my way now, I'll let you guys know what I think of them.

Quote:
2012 hasn't been the best year for me but I survived it and discovered some real nice gems on this thread.
It certainly has been fun finding them gems in the rough..I hope in 2013 we will finally bounce back from the sluggish economy that has stayed around a bit too long for my liking.

I also hope for many great new finds that will continue to innovate and advance our hobby forward. You guys leave your bad days behind you and I hope the new year brings excellence back into your lives. Stay healthy, stay curious, best of all enjoy what you have. You guys have a much better 2013. Happy new years.

Ah Ds, I feel a somber tone from your post. I hope everything's ok. Let's look forward to the good things this new year will bring. Happy new year everyone.

Jan 1, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #5,767 of 99,838
Quote:

Thanks dsnuts. One thing I'd like to say relating to 2012 is that by vicariously getting to know you here, my wallet became somewhat thinner, but I enjoyed the year much more overall. So thanks for everything, and here's to hoping for a great 2013!
beerchug.gif

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #5,768 of 99,838
Quote:
Just a quick post.

Got my smsl fort, ghost is right, these are like a fuller, slightly warmer ele dac.

The volume dial feels pretty solid as well, all in im pretty happy.

Did notice some imbalance, but that's been catered for of course.

Glad they're good for you too
beerchug.gif
  ....burn them in, it helps mellow them out.

Now that we survived 2012 and all that prophecies, wishing all bros and sistars here at Head'fi a happy new year thats full of possibilities.

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #5,769 of 99,838
Quote:

Same on my end, Dsnuts, you and the thread (and the 2 deals threads) have kept me busy, and having fun playing and listening. Hoping for a great 2013 for you and yours (and everyone else on the thread...you make it fun to read abour and explore all this great gear!)

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #5,770 of 99,838
I didn't have the time to burn in the ELE DAC so still seems a bit harsh to my ears.
Newbie question: is there any way to burn them more "properly" or just listening to music is OK?
Also what was the average time that is needed to show its true character?

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #5,771 of 99,838
Really enjoying the ELE. Wandered into a phone shop the other day and found it it works with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

Jan 2, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #5,772 of 99,838
Its the new year... a year full of discoveries.  I have been following this threads but did not participate much.  Am not equipped to do so. But I now own a pair of she3580 and MH1C  pluse a couple of other cheapos... seriously boys, which of these low price (relatively that is) phones get most ear times? I am curious.

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #5,773 of 99,838
Quote:
Its the new year... a year full of discoveries.  I have been following this threads but did not participate much.  Am not equipped to do so. But I now own a pair of she3580 and MH1C  pluse a couple of other cheapos... seriously boys, which of these low price (relatively that is) phones get most ear times? I am curious.

Thx to this thread, I picked up the Monoprice 8320, SHE 3590, JVC FX101 and the Sony MHC1.

1. MP 8320 - Sounds great but the fit was a deal breaker.
  2. JVC FX101 - Insaaane bass but peakyness in treble around the 7k limited ear time to just eq-able devices. Stopped using them because of the device constraint.
  3. SHE3590 - Still loving this set. Got even more use when I found that the MHC1 tips fit them great. Using them as my workout buds.
  4. MHC1 - I found my set. I'm stopping here. FX101 bass without the peakiness. Sound is thick and warm. Found a way to deal with the cord and I love them. Just don't do a lot of twisting and bouncing with them and they're great. $24 well spent.

That's pretty much my partial year in review from this thread. Thx Ds, my wife is indirectly pissed at you. :wink:

Jan 2, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #5,774 of 99,838
So I've got this ELE DAC and it seems great, but during silence there is a slight noticeable hiss.

I took the thing apart and it looks like its not grounded at all to the chassis. Does anyone else have this issue? Also if I was to ground it what lead would I attach the ground wire to?

Jan 2, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #5,775 of 99,838
Quote:

Thx to this thread, I picked up the Monoprice 8320, SHE 3590, JVC FX101 and the Sony MHC1.

1. MP 8320 - Sounds great but the fit was a deal breaker.
  2. JVC FX101 - Insaaane bass but peakyness in treble around the 7k limited ear time to just eq-able devices. Stopped using them because of the device constraint.
  3. SHE3590 - Still loving this set. Got even more use when I found that the MHC1 tips fit them great. Using them as my workout buds.
  4. MHC1 - I found my set. I'm stopping here. FX101 bass without the peakiness. Sound is thick and warm. Found a way to deal with the cord and I love them. Just don't do a lot of twisting and bouncing with them and they're great. $24 well spent.

That's pretty much my partial year in review from this thread. Thx Ds, my wife is indirectly pissed at you. :wink:

^ X2. Those were almost my exact experiences with these 2 iems. I am so happy that i got the MH1Cs, they are just too amazing with the genres of music i listen to, but still curse that stupid/ horrid cable. haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back