The discovery thread!
Jan 2, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #5,791 of 99,901
Quote:
Nice impressions. Glad your enjoying the earphones. I am gonna save up some more to give away for the next event whenever that will be..Your collection is starting to look like my own. lol. Those RHAs are surprising. I The MP8320 sounds much better with better tips. I would tip roll with whatever you got.

LoL, Ds you need to get a sponsorship from JVC so you can get some FXZs to give away.
biggrin.gif
nah it's gonna be a long while before I can join you'll in the big bois league. But i own those wonderful superluxes that no one wants, bet you don't have those. haha Will milk the most outta those MP8320 for sure, they are keepers.

Quote:
Nice impressions sf.  

Thanks Danny!
beerchug.gif

Jan 3, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #5,792 of 99,901
Quote:

Another excellent and inexpensive option is the TDK MT300's. I guess you could say that I like them a lot
ksc75smile.gif

now that is making me wonder because I do have the IE500
the ceramic construction yield quite a solid lows... wonder how it compares to MT300's.   But then they are getting less ear time due to MH1c for SQ and she3580 for sheer fuss free convenience

Jan 4, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #5,794 of 99,901
Quote:
So I've got this ELE DAC and it seems great, but during silence there is a slight noticeable hiss.

I took the thing apart and it looks like its not grounded at all to the chassis. Does anyone else have this issue? Also if I was to ground it what lead would I attach the ground wire to?

bump

Jan 4, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #5,795 of 99,901
Quote:
So I've got this ELE DAC and it seems great, but during silence there is a slight noticeable hiss.

I took the thing apart and it looks like its not grounded at all to the chassis. Does anyone else have this issue? Also if I was to ground it what lead would I attach the ground wire to?

I do not hear any hiss. However, I typically listen through a Miles Davis Tribute straight out of the ELE while controlling the volume on the PC, so my experience may not be worth much.

Jan 5, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #5,796 of 99,901
I feed it into my JDS c421, when I use my iBasso D6 as a source for my c421 I don't hear any hiss.

Jan 5, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #5,797 of 99,901
Quote:
I feed it into my JDS c421, when I use my iBasso D6 as a source for my c421 I don't hear any hiss.

I would think that the ELE should be just as quiet as your iBasso, so it very well might be defective. As has been suggested in the past when others received defective ELEs, you might want to contact the seller to ask for a replacement. Good luck.

Jan 5, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #5,798 of 99,901
Quote:

I hear the hiss as well, obviously noticeable if volume is high... as with the mh1c. Interested to hear if grounding wold help though.

Jan 6, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #5,799 of 99,901
Hi, Dsnuts!
I have found that Awei ES800M is even better value than 8320!
They costs $6.5 and is available to everyone on world directly, not like monoprices.
I have audiotoned them both for long time and there are my conclusions.
SQ is about equal, but es800m is much fuller with realy weighty bass.
Physically awei is better- easier to get fit- i use super cheap soundmagic foam tips.
They are better built too. Only i dislike flat cable.
Im sure that in Joker tread they would get between 7.3-7.7.
So they in my opinion is second best value on iems today after $27 sony mh1c. 8320 is third best if you can get it up to $12.

Jan 6, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #5,800 of 99,901
Quote:

I hear the hiss as well, obviously noticeable if volume is high... as with the mh1c. Interested to hear if grounding wold help though.

My phones are very efficient so I cannot get the volume up high enough to hear any hiss, so for me the ELE is perfectly fine. But given your experience and that of mab1376, it seems using the ELE with inefficient phones is not optimal. But we shouldn't forget that the ELE costs only about $17. In the end, I still think it is a great deal for the money, but the iBasso is very likely a better DAC. I hope mab1376 will report back to let us know if grounding the unit to the chassis helps.

Jan 6, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #5,802 of 99,901
Quote:
My phones are very efficient so I cannot get the volume up high enough to hear any hiss, so for me the ELE is perfectly fine. But given your experience and that of mab1376, it seems using the ELE with inefficient phones is not optimal. But we shouldn't forget that the ELE costs only about $17. In the end, I still think it is a great deal for the money, but the iBasso is very likely a better DAC. I hope mab1376 will report back to let us know if grounding the unit to the chassis helps.

The volume needs to be up very high with no sound being fed to hear it. if there's music playing its completely negligible. I've noticed it with my Senn MX580 buds, Yuin OK3 buds, and my Ultrasone Pro 900's.

Personally for what I paid and where I use it i wouldn't bother exchanging it to someone in China.

Jan 6, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #5,803 of 99,901
Quote:
Hi, Dsnuts!
I have found that Awei ES800M is even better value than 8320!
They costs $6.5 and is available to everyone on world directly, not like monoprices.
I have audiotoned them both for long time and there are my conclusions.
SQ is about equal, but es800m is much fuller with realy weighty bass.
Physically awei is better- easier to get fit- i use super cheap soundmagic foam tips.
They are better built too. Only i dislike flat cable.
Im sure that in Joker tread they would get between 7.3-7.7.
So they in my opinion is second best value on iems today after $27 sony mh1c. 8320 is third best if you can get it up to $12.

Glad you like em. I did a quick preview of them. They are good for bass guys but they lack refinement and the overall sound is bloated but otherwise it is shocking how much bass those have..For guys that want big bass those are not bad for the cost.

Quote:
Mr. DS, have you received the CKN50 already? 
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

You should look into picking up a pair. Lets just say I am impressed. Look into signing up with Tenso and getting a pair from Amazon Japan will save you much from buying from ebay.. They are getting some TLC burn in at the moment but what I heard from them. The FXD earphones now have some stiff competition. I will do a write up here when I get some time. For now some football!

Jan 6, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #5,804 of 99,901
Quote:

You should look into picking up a pair. Lets just say I am impressed. Look into signing up with Tenso and getting a pair from Amazon Japan.. Hey are getting some TLC burn in at the moment but what I heard from them. The FXD earphones now have some stiff competition. I will do a write up here when I get some time. For now some football!

sure. take your time. want to get a pair, but i´d rather wait for your impressions/comparisions
PS: Tenso adds $30 to the whole deal 
angry_face.gif
. better and easier from ebay

oh, and FXD with AT sound...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back