The discovery thread!
Nov 2, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #4,531 of 100,525
Quote:

If I continue ear-orgasming over these things, then I might help out a few trusted head-fi buddies get theirs if they come on sale again. Yes, I'm thinking of you sf, and I'm thinking of you rickster. Boys, these xba3's are like the fxd70's on some sort of 3d-roids. Nuff' said.

just go there.........nuff' said.
triportsad.gif
Thanks for ruining my FXD70s for me. LoL I hate you WAYNE!!!
beerchug.gif
Burn those in and tell me later how you LOVES the 70s over the XBA3s OK!

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #4,532 of 100,525
Quote:
Can't wait for this epic battle. FIGHT!!! But it is 2 against one though haha poor JVC. 

Don't forget that I can always throw my heavyweight s500's into the ring lol!

But even if it's just the fxd70's in battle, they are going be worthy - I can already tell that they are pretty friggin' amazing actually. I haven't listened to them nearly enough yet, but I can tell that they are wonderfully detailed and enjoyable to listen to.

Edit: I just read your last post - lol! We'll let those 70's burn baby burn for a few more days. Then, prepare for battle!!!

Quote:
Yeah, i am a bass lover like you as well, and what is shocking is how much bass these MH1Cs have on open box, and if they have like 80% of the sound of you.

Man, if those mh1c's actually provide 80% of the xba3's sound, I will be completely blown away with them.

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #4,533 of 100,525
Quote:

Don't forget that I can always throw my heavyweight s500's into the ring lol!

But even if it's just the fxd70's in battle, they are going be worthy - I can already tell that they are pretty friggin' amazing actually. I haven't listened to them nearly enough yet, but I can tell that they are wonderfully detailed and enjoyable to listen to.

Man, if those mh1c's actually provide 80% of the xba3's sound, I will be completely blown away with them.

haha me too, can't wait BURN BABY BURN!!!

Good to know you are liking those 70s as well, they are kinda of a odd ball in sound signature so you might ending liking them a lot more when your honeymoon phase is over with your XBA3s.
ksc75smile.gif
But I have a feeling it is not gonna happen anytime soon though. ha

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #4,534 of 100,525
OH YEAH!!!

Now we are cooking, with just a couple hours of stewing in the burn-in station, these Sony MH1Cs are coming along nicely. The veil is lifting (vocals/ voices no longer as tiny), bass is tighter and more controlled, hearing a ton of sparkle along with the mids and highs coming through. I can hear a lot more refinement in the sound, with lots of little details shinning through in the music. 

This is what I am talking about, man I am kinda scared that i might like this over my FXD70s cuz it's SOOOOO SMOOTH with crazy amounts of detail and BASS. Maybe this was the upgrade I wanted out of FX40s. LoL 

Back to burning these bad bois. 
eek.gif
ph34r.gif
popcorn.gif

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #4,535 of 100,525
Quote:

That's why I FORCED MYSELF with every ounce of my being to stay home that night and not rush out to the local Future Shop and grab a pair. I HOPE that for now anyhow, the MH1C will hit %80 that for me, so with one of those incoming... 
Incoming is pretty suitable for this BARRAGE of suggestions in this battleground here.  TAKE COVER ANOTHER ONE! Hope it doesn't hit your wallet! [ people stumbling around in a sonic daze after being hit yet again in here ]

I opted for a T-PEOS H-100 instead of the XBA3 that's rapidly approaching through the stormy waves and should break the surface any day. It's already helped to perform electronic stealthing  on my wallet so I'm immune for now.
Perhaps it will prove to be a strategic blunder, or turn the tide of the battle as a solid reinforcement to my defences.

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #4,536 of 100,525
I feel like the only thing left for me to is send my MH1C's off to a custom company for them to reshell with a better cable which is really the only thing I can complain about, but since I got em for $20 I can easily look past it.

Nov 3, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #4,537 of 100,525
Quote:
I feel like the only thing left for me to is send my MH1C's off to a custom company for them to reshell with a better cable which is really the only thing I can complain about, but since I got em for $20 I can easily look past it.

Completely agreed.
Or make a crafty friend here at head-fi and have them do a re-cable for you free. LoL Calling out all crafty moddsters, can a brother get a re-wire for cheap? 
beerchug.gif

Nov 3, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #4,540 of 100,525
Dsnuts you said you aren't letting anything get in the way ( so far ) of the HA-FXT90 . Why those in particular? And which version the limited "L2" sure looks classy.

Nov 3, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #4,542 of 100,525
I have been searching the whole thread looking for comments on the differences(in terms of sound quality) between the jvc fxd60, 70 and 80 and I've found nothing, I know it is somewhere in the thread but am too lazy to search through a 300 pages thread, so can someone post the differences between these 3 models again?

Nov 3, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #4,543 of 100,525
Quote:
I have been searching the whole thread looking for comments on the differences(in terms of sound quality) between the jvc fxd60, 70 and 80 and I've found nothing, I know it is somewhere in the thread but am too lazy to search through a 300 pages thread, so can someone post the differences between these 3 models again?

I haven't seen as much about the 60, but I know that the 70 is the most neutral of the 3.

Nov 3, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #4,544 of 100,525
I finally got my MH1Cs today and immediately put them and my current Xears TD-4 through my playlist of testsongs (and then some...). My first impressions after a couple hours: I don't want to listen to them anymore...

...and with "them" I mean my TD4s.

Listening to the MH1Cs, I start to understand what you guys mean, when talk about things like instrument seperation, stage, texture, etc. That stuff I almost immediately start to miss when I compare the sonys to the xears. It's more apparent in some tracks than in others but it's there.

When listening to the theme of the new bond movie, on the MH1Cs I can hear Adele like she's standing in a room and the instruments are setup behind her. The clarity of the single instruments and her voice is phenomenal. On the TD4s on the other hand the sound is more "packed" and they also tend to mush everything (her voice, the different instruments) together.

On other tracks, like the following, the TD4s sound not really that bad. They have good clarity and are not to forward. The MH1Cs have a lot more details though. I can suddenly differentiate between the single strings they hit because they have a kind of physicality to them.

(I hope this is the right video... can't really check it because of the problems Youtube has with the GEMA in germany)

Concerning the bass, I would say the TD4s have more power but less control. They produce more of a "thump" which also sometimes threatens to overpower the other ranges. The sonys still have quite a lot of it though. For most people it's probably more than enough.
I always liked the bass on the TD series and I still do for the power but considering the quality of the bass, the MH1C win.

So these are my first impressions right out of the box (or plastic bag in this case
wink.gif
). I'll put them on the burner and see how/if the sound changes for me but I already like them a lot!
I hope my incoming XB90EX will produce a similar sound just with more power to the bass, that would be awesome
basshead.gif

P.S.: Who came up with this stupid idea to make the J-cord splitter point DOWNWARDS? I'm not that much against J-cord like most here but this is just ridiculous. Other than that I find the cable is really ok and not that much a spawn of hell
rolleyes.gif

Nov 3, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #4,545 of 100,525
Quote:

So these are my first impressions right out of the box (or plastic bag in this case
wink.gif
). I'll put them on the burner and see how/if the sound changes for me but I already like them a lot!
I hope my incoming XB90EX will produce a similar sound just with more power to the bass, that would be awesome
basshead.gif

You will like the Xb90EX. I don't know what the MHC1 sounds like, but IIRC DSnuts said that it is similar, but the sound should be bigger overall. maybe DSnuts will chime in and give some info :)

two things to consider though : stock tips that come with the XB90EX really are a bottleneck for the sound and Burn in Helps a LOT! burn them in long and hard :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back