Sep 27, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #3,453 of 100,273
Quote:
Ooo these look nice too.

WS77

WS99

Ooh those do look nice 
normal_smile .gif

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #3,454 of 100,273
Ok over read about 50 pages of this thread... Can someone please try to sum it up for me?
I've just orders two pairs of she3580, and can't help but wonder what else I could be missing out on :p
I like bassy, but otherwise fairly balanced without being harsh or fatiguing, and with good separation/imaging. Easy to listen to

Sep 27, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #3,455 of 100,273
Quote:
Ok over read about 50 pages of this thread... Can someone please try to sum it up for me?
I've just orders two pairs of she3580, and can't help but wonder what else I could be missing out on
tongue.gif

I like bassy, but otherwise fairly balanced without being harsh or fatiguing, and with good separation/imaging. Easy to listen to

new sony xtra bass series and JVC carbon nanotube iems (fxd series)...

Sep 27, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #3,456 of 100,273
Quote:
All new JVC earphones come in an all plastic sealed retail box. I doubt you will find a fake in a factory sealed box. Now there seems to be some knock offs that some of the Chinese sites have but I doubt those come in a retail packaging.

Plenty of fakes in fake retail packaging here in Hong Kong, I bought a few fake pairs of Sonys once, dunno about JVC though

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 27, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #3,457 of 100,273
Quote:
I've just orders two pairs of she3580, and can't help but wonder what else I could be missing out on
tongue.gif

JVC S500's! 
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #3,459 of 100,273
Hi Dsnuts,

I'm wondering if you could help steer me in the right directions. I'm an avid gamer and R&B listener.
I'm trying to find a $25 or under replacements for the Thermaltake Isurus I currently own as the right ear bud is dead. (Its always the right ear buds that go out).

I originally bought these when Thermaltake was doing a $10 clearance sale and getting rid of their remaining inventory.
I am no audiophile but these are the best sounding earbuds I have ever come across in my entire life.
I'd wish I'd never have to part with these but you know earbuds never last forever with the stress from wear and tear.
I dunno how to describe it but the Thermaltak'es had an amazing sound clarity which I never heard before so its been difficult to find something that reproduces this at a reasonably affordable price point.

I have two other pairs of earphones I've tried so far but they fall extremely short of my expectations even after all the reviews about them.
Monoproice MEP-933 just sounds like crap.
MEElectronics M9 sounds pretty bad also.

I'm at a lost since I don't exactly have the money to throw around testing different $10~20 to see if I'm happy with them
I'd appreciate it if you could recommend similar performing earbuds at the $25 or under price point.

Sep 28, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #3,460 of 100,273
Ya get yourself a JVC FX40. ASAP. You will love em. They sound great for gaming actually and with proper burn in sound fantastic for music.. Give them a go. Will be a nice upgrade to the Thermaltakes in sound. I recommend the silvers if you can find them. 

So the only requirement on these is a intensive 200 hour burn cycle. But will be worth your efforts in the end.

Sep 29, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #3,461 of 100,273
Yeppp get on them FX40s Knowngi, I got those exact tts from sickdeals for $10s and wasn't really impressed by them.  While doing some researching stumbled onto this thread by luck and it all went to hell from that on.
devil_face.gif
If you are amazed by the sound of your tts then your mind is gonna be completely blown by these FX40s, after I got them I wouldn't even touch the tts no mores. 

Sep 29, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #3,464 of 100,273
Lol! I just got my XB90EX back that was on loan. First track out of my new Fire Phoenix Dac/Amp .

The bass. Lol!

One little tip about the XB90EX. The stock Sony hybrid tips are not the best for these earphones. I think they actually restrict the sounds a bit. Anything with a bigger nozzle opening will open up the sounds on them. I use Auveo tips from Radio Shack. I am also thinking Meelec tips will work well with them. 

Listening to my tunes with a more powerful source these XB90s sound great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back