The discovery thread!
May 24, 2024 at 7:26 PM Post #103,081 of 106,855
hum....well, im OK for diversify appreciation...these 2 dont seem similar at all...for ex, the ST7 graph don't arouse me...nor any single TRN iem ive ever try.
but i seek people that heard the CVJ Bidong since graph is just a small part of real musicality and technical performance history...

yet, im not made of wood and the ST7 price to performance ratio might be sky high its true...and now...im a bit intrigue. i can sure try those....if i have time to do so...

so what scare me ST7 wise is 14db upper mids gain....is it harsh or shouty for female vocals (i listen alot of those)?

Free samples "BS" under "No BS" auspices/pretenses that are so hyperbolically false and totally unbelievably blatantly anazing!!

C'est des conneries!
So "merde" :frowning2: :frowning2:

ST7 is no BS (a very decent/competent IEM - and that is coming from a hardly much of a TRN fan).

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 7:27 PM Post #103,082 of 106,855
Oh it is! But I'll try some foam or a mesh or something. It's cheap as chips, so I'm not worried in the least with trying to mod it as @droid23 has suggested.

Do cotton roll mod method for tizzy and sibilances. too much treble extension is easy to mod and will get superb smooth yet extended trebles rather than having IEMs with no extension.
It's cheap enough you can make them as experiment objects

May 24, 2024 at 7:32 PM Post #103,083 of 106,855
Seriously I didn't see face with that, I see n*ppl*s 😲 😄

Aside from that, the shell is really beautiful and I don't think it will looked like "those" if wear separately on left and right ears

Can't wait to hear the comments about bass impact on this and some FR graphs
I'm excited to hear these myself. With the love I have with the ST7, I'm patiently watching the Conch and Medusa make their way out of China and to my location. Hopefully the wait is worth it?

May 24, 2024 at 7:37 PM Post #103,084 of 106,855
you might be a clairvoyant, my friend? LOL
Let's be cl"air"/ear about this, mon ami.......I might be a Seer ?? - minus the blonde (back to front) haircut like "SIA", but I'm always buoyant: when in Audiophile Rotational Nirvava !! :L3000: :beerchug:

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #103,085 of 106,855
Do cotton roll mod method for tizzy and sibilances. too much treble extension is easy to mod and will get superb smooth yet extended trebles rather than having IEMs with no extension.
Imma give the KZ planars 1 more try with this, thanks!

May 24, 2024 at 7:58 PM Post #103,086 of 106,855
under the mesh filter (removing the filter) or under the tip?

May 24, 2024 at 8:35 PM Post #103,088 of 106,855
1000005894.jpg
1000005895.jpg

XSL released their 1+4. The graph looks kinda meh.

1000005900.jpg

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 8:52 PM Post #103,089 of 106,855
May 24, 2024 at 9:17 PM Post #103,090 of 106,855
under the mesh filter (removing the filter) or under the tip?
Under the mesh just a very thin rolled cotton, poke a tiny hole also if possible for better airflow for the bass also

May 24, 2024 at 9:34 PM Post #103,091 of 106,855
Edit -1.jpg

Good evening, Gentlemen, I hope everyone is doing well! I just wanted to drop in here and share some of my initial impressions on the newly released Elysian Pilgrim. By this point, everyone and their mother has already released a full review on them, but I got them in a few days ago, so I'm still getting nice and cozy with them, so to speak.

Right off the bat, I can say that the unboxing experience, build, and included accessories are top-notch, really nicely done by Elysian here. The build quality is also fantastic, really solid all aluminum build with a very premium looking and feeling faceplate but, unfortunately, is finished in a very chrome-like finish which Is super prone to scratching as you can see in my picture above. It looks great, though, and very distinctive which I think is one of the hardest parts about designing an IEM. Elysian knocked the overall design and build out of the park! They're also very comfortable in my ears. The nozzle is a bit on the shorter side but the shell isn't overly bulbose so finding the right tips in terms of fit and sound was very easy!

Now, onto the sound - I can summarize the sound of the Pilgrim pretty simply, actually. Very solid, but a bit safe for me.

The bass is fantastic with lots and lots of texture and depth, which I guess can be considered a standout, but I'd like a bit more sub-bass here. There's a very very small, but clear roll-off when you're talking about the deepest part of the sub-bass. The mid-bass, however, is almost perfectly tuned for me. the mids and the treble is where the Pilgrim loses me a bit, it's nothing special, unfortunately. I think they played it a bit too safe when it comes to the treble especially. It's extended well, I won't sit here and say that it's not, but I would of liked a little more spice, a little more... zing up top to really make the sound come alive.

Regardless, I think this pair of IEMs is fantastic, and quite frankly, I think the entire package is actually well worth the $400 price tag.

More photos and a longer impression to come!

Thanks for reading, gents.

May 24, 2024 at 10:06 PM Post #103,092 of 106,855

Good evening, Gentlemen, I hope everyone is doing well! I just wanted to drop in here and share some of my initial impressions on the newly released Elysian Pilgrim. By this point, everyone and their mother has already released a full review on them, but I got them in a few days ago, so I'm still getting nice and cozy with them, so to speak.

Right off the bat, I can say that the unboxing experience, build, and included accessories are top-notch, really nicely done by Elysian here. The build quality is also fantastic, really solid all aluminum build with a very premium looking and feeling faceplate but, unfortunately, is finished in a very chrome-like finish which Is super prone to scratching as you can see in my picture above. It looks great, though, and very distinctive which I think is one of the hardest parts about designing an IEM. Elysian knocked the overall design and build out of the park! They're also very comfortable in my ears. The nozzle is a bit on the shorter side but the shell isn't overly bulbose so finding the right tips in terms of fit and sound was very easy!

Now, onto the sound - I can summarize the sound of the Pilgrim pretty simply, actually. Very solid, but a bit safe for me.

The bass is fantastic with lots and lots of texture and depth, which I guess can be considered a standout, but I'd like a bit more sub-bass here. There's a very very small, but clear roll-off when you're talking about the deepest part of the sub-bass. The mid-bass, however, is almost perfectly tuned for me. the mids and the treble is where the Pilgrim loses me a bit, it's nothing special, unfortunately. I think they played it a bit too safe when it comes to the treble especially. It's extended well, I won't sit here and say that it's not, but I would of liked a little more spice, a little more... zing up top to really make the sound come alive.

Regardless, I think this pair of IEMs is fantastic, and quite frankly, I think the entire package is actually well worth the $400 price tag.

More photos and a longer impression to come!

Thanks for reading, gents.
So basically the "Moondrop tuning style" so popular with the Moondrop IEMs? This sort of thing was said about the Volare a few times. It's quite a popular signature, due to it's "safety".

Dita Project M sounds more brilliant by the second! It's making it's way to me. A few states away. The Hydro and the Conch are finally in California. Now how long will they sit there? LOL The waiting is the hardest part.

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 10:36 PM Post #103,093 of 106,855
So basically the "Moondrop tuning style" so popular with the Moondrop IEMs? This sort of thing was said about the Volare a few times. It's quite a popular signature, due to it's "safety".

Dita Project M sounds more brilliant by the second! It's making it's way to me. A few states away. The Hydro and the Conch are finally in California. Now how long will they sit there? LOL The waiting is the hardest part.
I wouldn’t say it’s Moondrop levels of safe, but it’s definitely more safe than I expected Elysian to display here. Although, it’s their first try at an “affordable” IEM, so I can’t blame them. They want to move units and tuning an IEM with too much treble or too much upper mids is typically a killer when it comes to appealing to lots of folks.

There’s no doubt these are great IEMs, worthy of their price, the same thing can’t be said about a majority of Moondrop releases.

May 24, 2024 at 11:19 PM Post #103,094 of 106,855
I did the first mod of this type (cotton roll mod) with KZxHBB DQ6S and I am very satisfied. Neither foam nor mesh gave such good results. Damping is better than foam, without overly closing off airflow. Great discovery!

May 24, 2024 at 11:33 PM Post #103,095 of 106,855
Excited for this one after buying the Shanling M5Ultra, the Cayin N3Ultra going to go full out and now get the iBasso DX180 , I loved the DX160, DX170

Headphone-Zone-iBasso-DX180-01.jpg

690mw of juice and light weight will have to make this my carry dap.

It has a Volume Wheel , replaceable battery and some impressive specs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back