The discovery thread!
May 24, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #103,081 of 106,696
I have tried mesh filters and nozzle foams and foam tips on both PR1 pro and PR2, I can't get rid of that damn sibilance.
Same with the KZ Merga. I've tried everything, but the tizz and sibilance just won't go away.

May 24, 2024 at 4:37 PM Post #103,082 of 106,696
What are their names ?

2)

Yes, it is magnificent, both to the touch and to the ear.
I also like its 'uncomfortable' and hard to operate volume 😂
Ok, I'm mentally ill.

The green ones were the original Raptgo.
The HBB ones were the BLUE.
I am wrong ?
Of course if I knew that would be posted.

May 24, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #103,083 of 106,696
hey guys i have the possibility to review CVJ Bidong...yet would like to know your thoughs before giving it the go. for now, their like zero CVJ IEMs i truely love but when i see the Bid graph....i was a bit positively surprise...
graph (84).png

seem rather well balanced and smooth for 1DD6BAs....seem to have plenty of mids...of everything...perhaps warm way have no idea

worth it or not for 190$?

May 24, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #103,084 of 106,696
hey guys i have the possibility to review CVJ Bidong...yet would like to know your thoughs before giving it the go. for now, their like zero CVJ IEMs i truely love but when i see the Bid graph....i was a bit positively surprise...
graph (84).png

seem rather well balanced and smooth for 1DD6BAs....seem to have plenty of mids...of everything...perhaps warm way have no idea

When we have the warm, well-balanced and technically proficient TRN ST7 (5 BA + 2DD) for $35.00, and an equally boutique ChiFi? I personally would say NO, but hey, if it plays in the Hydro ballpark, then why not?

May 24, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #103,085 of 106,696
When we have the warm, well-balanced and technically proficient TRN ST7 (5 BA + 2DD) for $35.00, and an equally boutique ChiFi? I personally would say NO, but hey, if it plays in the Hydro ballpark, then why not?
hum....well, im OK for diversify appreciation...these 2 dont seem similar at all...for ex, the ST7 graph don't arouse me...nor any single TRN iem ive ever try.
but i seek people that heard the CVJ Bidong since graph is just a small part of real musicality and technical performance history...

yet, im not made of wood and the ST7 price to performance ratio might be sky high its true...and now...im a bit intrigue. i can sure try those....if i have time to do so...

so what scare me ST7 wise is 14db upper mids gain....is it harsh or shouty for female vocals (i listen alot of those)?
graph (85).png
graph (86).png

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #103,086 of 106,696
So, after the whole day of listening to the Myer Audio Sliivo SL41, my first initial feedback concerning sound signature, but for sure still too early for a final conclusion (especially for the highs) with not more than one day of listening, so please take all of this with a grain of salt, ok?
(nah, I just wanted to give my thoughts anyway, I know, I know, I talk too much, but since I'm just a regular guy and not a reviewer, the following is just what came into my mind, with no particular order^^ so, mea culpa :wink: )

• Horizontal soundstage and depth is really good
  • Mid bass and bass are thumpy, separated and precise, enjoyed it a lot but...
  • ...I craved more sub bass and bass authority overall, and you can even see that in the graph, where it stays audibly below Harman. Therefore, I even used the "short delay fast roll off" filter to get a tiny bit more of bass, featuring no pre-ringing phase, but without much sacrificing the precision of my beloved "fast roll off" filter, which I use normally for everything in my DX260, it fits so well with it. It helped a tiny bit, but still, bass was just not so energetic as I hoped in this set. Don't get me wrong, for many it will be just enough, just. Bassheads though surely won't be super happy I guess.
  • Lower and upper mids are closing in on the Harman target, but I still felt them a bit underrepresented, nearly muddy veiled I'd say, strange actually, no clue, maybe after more burn in, but then again, mids mostly don't change too much after a while.
  • Voice region, where also the ear gain begins and up to 3kHz, is rendered very well and with clarity, no audible sibilance. Upper male voice region (5kHz) is even a bit emphasized, but still no sibilance because they stay slightly below target. Female voices on the other hand come carved out like with a surgical scalpel due to that 5kHz push, nice.
  • The rest of the treble region (around 8kHz) is to my taste because it's reduced and smooth, whereas the -still for most people- audible upper treble region, aka airy region (12kHz) is again emphasized, which works well for cymbals and snare drums, but nitpickingly, sometimes in some tracks a bit too much for me even... maybe because in how this IEM is generally tuned, and with me wishing for a bit more lows, the air in the SL41 is psychoacoustically more present, but not perfectly my type of beer, depending on the track and recording sometimes they sound a little bit thin, but gladly still clear and separated. But as mentioned before, this still helps of course in the perceived headroom of this set, which for what it is, I still like.
I'm still very much interested to continue to A/B them and to properly give them a burn-in. Also I'd like to do more tip rolling to see what I can squeeze out of them in terms of slight treble changes and of course fit. And as mentioned in my fist post about them, for below 200 bucks, an impressive set.

Lastly here's the @ToneDeafMonk graph of the SL41, backed up with the raw Harman curve, thxx man:

graph.png

EDIT: @FreeWheelinAudioLuv2 , this set might be something you should try (if you didn't already though^^)

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #103,087 of 106,696
My current top 5 favorite IEMs in terms of listenability, frequency of use, and all-around enjoyment.*

*This list is subject to change, as I currently have the Dita Project M, CCA Hydro, and TRN Conch and Medusa en route.

1. TRN ST7
2. Simgot EA500LM
3. Aur Audio Aure
4. KZ ZS10 Pro 2
5. CCA Trio

May 24, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #103,088 of 106,696
hum....well, im OK for diversify appreciation...these 2 dont seem similar at all...for ex, the ST7 graph don't arouse me...nor any single TRN iem ive ever try.
but i seek people that heard the CVJ Bidong since graph is just a small part of real musicality and technical performance history...

yet, im not made of wood and the ST7 price to performance ratio might be sky high its true...and now...im a bit intrigue. i can sure try those....if i have time to do so...

so what scare me ST7 wise is 14db upper mids gain....is it harsh or shouty for female vocals (i listen alot of those)?
graph (85).png
graph (86).png
No. It's not shouty AT ALL, and has a touch of warmth for female and male vocals. This is a prime example of what Timmy was saying about using graphs to decipher sound characteristics. The graph would suggest it, but no, it's not. The Trio, Polaris, or EW200 would be way shoutier in those vocals than the ST7.

May 24, 2024 at 5:23 PM Post #103,089 of 106,696
Listening to the CCA Polaris right before my workshift starts. Trying to get my money's worth out of them, since they arrived, I haven't really given them much play, as I've mostly stuck with the ST7 and ZS10 pro 2, and EA500LM. Probably listening to the wrong genre with these (metal), so i'm enjoying the timbre and bass, but missing some level of refinement and detail retrieval. Just missing something? I'll keep listening.

May 24, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #103,090 of 106,696
May 24, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #103,091 of 106,696
My current top 5 favorite IEMs in terms of listenability, frequency of use, and all-around enjoyment.*

*This list is subject to change, as I currently have the Dita Project M, CCA Hydro, and TRN Conch and Medusa en route.

1. TRN ST7
2. Simgot EA500LM
3. Aur Audio Aure
4. KZ ZS10 Pro 2
5. CCA Trio
Just get the Aure out of that list and sell it to me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: .

May 24, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #103,092 of 106,696
hey guys i have the possibility to review CVJ Bidong...yet would like to know your thoughts before giving it the go. for now, their like zero CVJ IEMs i truly love but when i see the Bid graph....i was a bit positively surprise...
graph (84).png

I remember watching Akros his review on this. It didn't seem to stand out enough to the competition like the Pula PA02 and Performer 5 but it doesn't seem a bad IEM. Considering CVJ doesn't have that good a name they should have priced it more competitively

May 24, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #103,093 of 106,696
So, after the whole day of listening to the Myer Audio Sliivo SL41, my first initial feedback concerning sound signature, but for sure still too early for a final conclusion (especially for the highs) with not more than one day of listening, so please take all of this with a grain of salt, ok?
(nah, I just wanted to give my thoughts anyway, I know, I know, I talk too much, but since I'm just a regular guy and not a reviewer, the following is just what came into my mind, with no particular order^^ so, mea culpa :wink: )

• Horizontal soundstage and depth is really good
  • Mid bass and bass are thumpy, separated and precise, enjoyed it a lot but...
  • ...I craved more sub bass and bass authority overall, and you can even see that in the graph, where it stays audibly below Harman. Therefore, I even used the "short delay fast roll off" filter to get a tiny bit more of bass, featuring no pre-ringing phase, but without much sacrificing the precision of my beloved "fast roll off" filter, which I use normally for everything in my DX260, it fits so well with it. It helped a tiny bit, but still, bass was just not so energetic as I hoped in this set. Don't get me wrong, for many it will be just enough, just. Bassheads though surely won't be super happy I guess.
  • Lower and upper mids are closing in on the Harman target, but I still felt them a bit underrepresented, nearly muddy veiled I'd say, strange actually, no clue, maybe after more burn in, but then again, mids mostly don't change too much after a while.
  • Voice region, where also the ear gain begins and up to 3kHz, is rendered very well and with clarity, no audible sibilance. Upper male voice region (5kHz) is even a bit emphasized, but still no sibilance because they stay slightly below target. Female voices on the other hand come carved out like with a surgical scalpel due to that 5kHz push, nice.
  • The rest of the treble region (around 8kHz) is to my taste because it's reduced and smooth, whereas the -still for most people- audible upper treble region, aka airy region (12kHz) is again emphasized, which works well for cymbals and snare drums, but nitpickingly, sometimes in some tracks a bit too much for me even... maybe because in how this IEM is generally tuned, and with me wishing for a bit more lows, the air in the SL41 is psychoacoustically more present, but not perfectly my type of beer, depending on the track and recording sometimes they sound a little bit thin, but gladly still clear and separated. But as mentioned before, this still helps of course in the perceived headroom of this set, which for what it is, I still like.
I'm still very much interested to continue to A/B them and to properly give them a burn-in. Also I'd like to do more tip rolling to see what I can squeeze out of them in terms of slight treble changes and of course fit. And as mentioned in my fist post about them, for below 200 bucks, an impressive set.

Lastly here's the @ToneDeafMonk graph of the SL41, backed up with the raw Harman curve, thxx man:

EDIT: @FreeWheelinAudioLuv2 , this set might be something you should try (if you didn't already though^^)
Have you tried these with liqueur tips? They are definitely not basshead, but I use liqueurs on my SL41 and the seal from those tips always manage to bring out the bass in any iem I've tried them with.

Love the mk2 faceplates.
1000005490.jpg

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #103,094 of 106,696
Have you tried these with liqueur tips? These are definitely not basshead, but I use liqueurs on my SL41 and the seal from those tips always manage to bring out the bass in any iem I've tried them with.

Yeah, they’ve been very useful to me as well. They seal better than many other tips on most of my sets.

May 24, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #103,095 of 106,696
Have you tried these with liqueur tips? They are definitely not basshead, but I use liqueurs on my SL41 and the seal from those tips always manage to bring out the bass in any iem I've tried them with.
I don't have them yet, but they are on my short list actually. Now I'll try the DUNU S&S, some foam tips, the Velvets, and maybe some narrow bore Type-E's to maybe change something in the highs... but thanks to you and @Surf Monkey , you both have strengthened my decision to get the Liqueur and also the new Aluminum Coreir :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back