The discovery thread!
May 24, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #103,096 of 106,836
I don't have them yet, but they are on my short list actually. Now I'll try the DUNU S&S, some foam tips, the Velvets, and maybe some narrow bore Type-E's to maybe change something in the highs... but thanks to you and @Surf Monkey , you both have strengthened my decision to get the Liqueur and also the new Aluminum Coreir :beerchug:
I just had to check and now I regret it.
Apparently I've ordered 69 pairs of liqueurs so far. 😢
Ordered a bunch in XL, then decided I also wanted them in L. I think I need an intervention.

May 24, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #103,097 of 106,836
No. It's not shouty AT ALL, and has a touch of warmth for female and male vocals. This is a prime example of what Timmy was saying about using graphs to decipher sound characteristics. The graph would suggest it, but no, it's not. The Trio, Polaris, or EW200 would be way shoutier in those vocals than the ST7.
even more interesting then....well, i was asking for Bidong then now wanna try ST7....
chifi has so much intriguing stuffs..
its true EW200 is slightly shouty, yet...pina gain is like 1 or 2db lower than Supermix4 i dont find shouty at all...i was trying to explain this but graph warrior dont believe me.
tmake me do this meme to honor this person.
1716588047086.png

May 24, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #103,098 of 106,836
Same with the KZ Merga. I've tried everything, but the tizz and sibilance just won't go away.
I probably have that one sitting in the mailbox, guess I'll find out which mystery pokemon arrived when I get home from work. I look forward to battling the tizz and sibilance, although, I feel like my Vader High Resolution was fairly formidable and the Merga is supposed to be even more intense.

May 24, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #103,099 of 106,836
I remember watching Akros his review on this. It didn't seem to stand out enough to the competition like the Pula PA02 and Performer 5 but it doesn't seem a bad IEM. Considering CVJ doesn't have that good a name they should have priced it more competitively
oh nice tx ill go check its review then!
its true the price is overly audacious for CVJ....too fast climbing into mid range without the proper ''credibility'' back up...those arent sonion or knowles BAs in there...anyway, i guess ill try them just to add more reviews....its not like they are over reviewed at all enh

May 24, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #103,100 of 106,836
Love the mk2 faceplates.
1000005490.jpg
Yes, the blue version, super nice, congratulations!
What did I see? Hah, if you look closely, the structure of the SL41 face plate is identical to the DaVinci ones, just another colour. ...not too surprising though, they come out of the same factory.

May 24, 2024 at 6:18 PM Post #103,101 of 106,836
Snow Yurufuwa (a Japanese reviewer) received the TRN Medusa yesterday, and he seems to have avoided petrification too, since he posted some photos of the IEM. I hope that tomorrow (wishful thinking) he will share his first impressions of the Medusa. I’m too curious for my own good. Anyway, Enjoy!

I found the third photo in his comments, and I couldn’t bring myself to omit it! 🤣

GOVvlazb0AAOyT8
GOVvV5taEAAeGby
GOVwn3rawAMF9oO

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #103,102 of 106,836
Same with the KZ Merga. I've tried everything, but the tizz and sibilance just won't go away.

I probably have that one sitting in the mailbox, guess I'll find out which mystery pokemon arrived when I get home from work. I look forward to battling the tizz and sibilance, although, I feel like my Vader High Resolution was fairly formidable and the Merga is supposed to be even more intense.
Try some nozzle tuning, put in a tube foam and stick a 500 mesh grid filter on top of the nozzle in addition, can't hurt and tames the upper mids and treble region audibly enough (I hope).

May 24, 2024 at 6:27 PM Post #103,103 of 106,836
My current top 5 favorite IEMs in terms of listenability, frequency of use, and all-around enjoyment.*

*This list is subject to change, as I currently have the Dita Project M, CCA Hydro, and TRN Conch and Medusa en route.

1. TRN ST7
2. Simgot EA500LM
3. Aur Audio Aure
4. KZ ZS10 Pro 2
5. CCA Trio
Imho, it's a fivegone conclusion that your soon-to-be revised list will no doubt be:

1. Dita Project M
2. CCA Hydro
3. TRN ST7
4. Simgot EA500LM
5. Aur Audio Aure

May 24, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #103,104 of 106,836
Have you tried these with liqueur tips? They are definitely not basshead, but I use liqueurs on my SL41 and the seal from those tips always manage to bring out the bass in any iem I've tried them with.

Love the mk2 faceplates.
1000005490.jpg
LURV that blue!

May 24, 2024 at 7:21 PM Post #103,105 of 106,836
Oh it is! But I'll try some foam or a mesh or something. It's cheap as chips, so I'm not worried in the least with trying to mod it as @droid23 has suggested.

May 24, 2024 at 7:24 PM Post #103,106 of 106,836
Snow Yurufuwa (a Japanese reviewer) received the TRN Medusa yesterday, and he seems to have avoided petrification too, since he posted some photos of the IEM. I hope that tomorrow (wishful thinking) he will share his first impressions of the Medusa. I’m too curious for my own good. Enjoy!

I found the third photo in his comments, and I couldn’t bring myself to omit it! 🤣

GOVvlazb0AAOyT8
GOVvV5taEAAeGby
GOVwn3rawAMF9oO

Seriously I didn't see face with that, I see n*ppl*s 😲 😄

Aside from that, the shell is really beautiful and I don't think it will looked like "those" if wear separately on left and right ears

Can't wait to hear the comments about bass impact on this and some FR graphs

May 24, 2024 at 7:24 PM Post #103,107 of 106,836
Imho, it's a fivegone conclusion that your soon-to-be revised list will no doubt be:

1. Dita Project M
2. CCA Hydro
3. TRN ST7
4. Simgot EA500LM
5. Aur Audio Aure
you might be a clairvoyant, my friend? LOL

May 24, 2024 at 7:26 PM Post #103,108 of 106,836
hum....well, im OK for diversify appreciation...these 2 dont seem similar at all...for ex, the ST7 graph don't arouse me...nor any single TRN iem ive ever try.
but i seek people that heard the CVJ Bidong since graph is just a small part of real musicality and technical performance history...

yet, im not made of wood and the ST7 price to performance ratio might be sky high its true...and now...im a bit intrigue. i can sure try those....if i have time to do so...

so what scare me ST7 wise is 14db upper mids gain....is it harsh or shouty for female vocals (i listen alot of those)?

Free samples "BS" under "No BS" auspices/pretenses that are so hyperbolically false and totally unbelievably blatantly anazing!!

C'est des conneries!
So "merde" :frowning2: :frowning2:

ST7 is no BS (a very decent/competent IEM - and that is coming from a hardly much of a TRN fan).

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 7:27 PM Post #103,109 of 106,836
Oh it is! But I'll try some foam or a mesh or something. It's cheap as chips, so I'm not worried in the least with trying to mod it as @droid23 has suggested.

Do cotton roll mod method for tizzy and sibilances. too much treble extension is easy to mod and will get superb smooth yet extended trebles rather than having IEMs with no extension.
It's cheap enough you can make them as experiment objects

May 24, 2024 at 7:32 PM Post #103,110 of 106,836
Seriously I didn't see face with that, I see n*ppl*s 😲 😄

Aside from that, the shell is really beautiful and I don't think it will looked like "those" if wear separately on left and right ears

Can't wait to hear the comments about bass impact on this and some FR graphs
I'm excited to hear these myself. With the love I have with the ST7, I'm patiently watching the Conch and Medusa make their way out of China and to my location. Hopefully the wait is worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back