The discovery thread!
May 24, 2024 at 3:08 PM Post #103,069 of 106,708
To add to the suggested tunes in this thread, this track is always amongst the first I try with new gear.

An incredible combination of lightning quick UK drum and bass beats and a gigantic feeling sci-fi inspired orchestral sound with so many awesome elements. The whole album was my favorite album of the entire year. Totally worth a listen and a fabulous stress test for any audio equipment.

The Kiwi Ears Quartet (the set I'm currently listening to this morning) handled this like a champ! Especially the sub bass slams and hits. Tastefully rendered throughout.

May 24, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #103,070 of 106,708
Does it come off darker than the graph? Treble air missing? Tamed?
I'd say the graph is a fair approximation of how I hear the treble. Tame and warmed over somewhat but things like cymbals still sound splashy and correct without any sibilance or harshness. It's perfect for me because I like that kind of rolled off treble. I think it has better extension than a lot of "warmer" sets but again the bass is very prominent and if big bass isn't your thing I don't think the DaVinci is the way to go.

May 24, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #103,071 of 106,708
Wouldn't that tanso mirai Sands perfect for you?
I rmbr @Redcarmoose raving about its Treble extension quality ...
I owned it. Bought it under rec from a couple Discovery divers, but the mids were grainy to me. There was a tad bit of shout too. Stage and imaging were some of the best I've ever heard, and the bass was KEEN! Loved it, as was the resolution. Timbre. But the mids had just a tad too much spice and there was grain, even with pure copper cable and Spiral dots (probably should have tried the NF Audio tips, but didn't think about it at the time, and it's too late now) so I sold them in the classified.

May 24, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #103,072 of 106,708
The Kiwi Ears Quartet (the set I'm currently listening to this morning) handled this like a champ! Especially the sub bass slams and hits. Tastefully rendered throughout.
Knowing your preferences, I'm a bit surprised you enjoy the Quartet.
I usually do like warm, bassy sound signatures but found the Quartet to be boomy and bloated sounding.
I much preferred the Quintet.

May 24, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #103,073 of 106,708
Zeos' DaVinci Review is out:

Don't be fooled by the video thumbnail... these colors are totally off and not the real thing... why?

Zeos Pantera is a kind of "useful idiot." Entertaining, but unsophisticated.

May 24, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #103,074 of 106,708
Threw the PR1 Pros in just to compare against some of the other stuff I've been listening to lately. Jesus, talk about bright.

May 24, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #103,075 of 106,708
Knowing your preferences, I'm a bit surprised you enjoy the Quartet.
I usually do like warm, bassy sound signatures but found the Quartet to be boomy and bloated sounding.
I much preferred the Quintet.
Tip and cable rolling, and bass switch down. It's still a bit unrefined, but for bass-centric playlists, I rather enjoy them for what they do, but yeah, these are NOT my preference and are genre niche.

May 24, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #103,076 of 106,708
What are their names ?

Do you think either of these descriptions are accurate for balanced playback?

1) Perceived effect is similar to crossfeed in that the overall sound is less like having two distinct transducers one on each ear and is more coherent.

2) Perceived effect is similar to watching a video at a higher fps in that the pacing appears to have changed and your focus seems to move around within the space.
2)

Its called Planarmature everyone.

Joke aside, I got my May bullet spent wisely..
Late to the party but I'm very impressed
20240524_153209.jpg

Actually my May bullet was shot to DC06pro but the more I read on ibasso dongle thread, I was poisoned more and more towards this DC elite
So yeah cheating this month I bought 2 items, and now the DC06 pro that came yesterday went stright into drawer damn..
Yes, it is magnificent, both to the touch and to the ear.
I also like its 'uncomfortable' and hard to operate volume 😂
Ok, I'm mentally ill.

On theme: I switched the cable on the Raptgo Hook X HBB (green one)
The green ones were the original Raptgo.
The HBB ones were the BLUE.
I am wrong ?

May 24, 2024 at 3:44 PM Post #103,077 of 106,708
1000001460.jpg

I'm gonna need a bigger IEM box soon 😅

May 24, 2024 at 3:44 PM Post #103,078 of 106,708
Big weekend plans
IMG_7825.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back