The discovery thread!
May 22, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #102,706 of 106,504
I can not. As stated in our Posting Guidelines, private messages are private, and there's no need for me to get into who has made complaints. Suffice it to say, not all of you in this thread are happy with some of the rapid fire posts that happen here.
So basically, we got Karen's who are going in private and wanting thread posters deleted, sanctioned, censored, or banned, because they don't like the frequency of someone's posts? Am I in the ballpark? No need to answer. It's rhetorical. Jezzus, people can't just be happy and go with the flow. There's always that person.

p.s. to the person who reported the poster....though warren makes a good point of making good use of the quote function...there's also the IGNORE button.

May 22, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #102,707 of 106,504
Who else read warren's last line and Marvel's Loki popped in your head? LOL Also, quite interesting you posted this Warren, because yesterday I used this feature for the first time! I found myself thinking I should use it instead of flooding with posts?

Really, it's up to everybody to decide how they want to interact with the thread. It's a fluid, large-scale social contract after all. I'm just throwing the idea out there because, as I've seen in other threads, some people are genuinely unaware it exists.

May 22, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #102,709 of 106,504
In 1951 this TV below was $895......just short of $11,000 in today’s money!
EE3EB719-44F2-46E9-A937-E6A99E6084C2.jpeg

Off topic.........
Early entertainment centers, turns out they were a thing? Who knew?

ECAB143A-1100-4DEC-A3B2-5896AD4B8114.jpeg

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #102,710 of 106,504
This piece sounds wonderful on the ST7, there is some very deep but subtle sub bass and the ST7 does it beautifully with a lovely timbre on the keyboards:

Timbre is fantastically tuned on the ST7. Now the sub bass is certainly a subtle quality, as it's not very prominent, but the resolution and timbre are very high quality for a bellsing BA that sits in the nozzle.

May 22, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #102,711 of 106,504
Sony sources usually are smooth and buttery as their house sound.

The can jam beta unit of the Explorer was less bassy. but then that was a noisy show room floor with no the best isolation so take it with a pinch of salt.

This final production unit is way bassier.

Bro just a few days ago you promised not to buy any more IEMs, haha now I don't log on for 1.5 days and see the damage to your wallets!!!

Haha but jokes aside, look forward to all the impressions of the new shinies coming in the mail!!

Of your new purchases what is the most you look forward to, the Project M?
Knowing you prefer brighter signatures I think that might be up your alley.
Basking, this is exactly why I bought it. You know I've been feigning to buy this thing since they went on sale. LOL But the first two times I was working, and by the time I was able to take my lunch break and order, they would SELL OUT, so for awhile, I turned to the budget realm to keep my ears busy. But yesterday, while the wife and I sat in the rental car charging it, someone mentioned they were on sale and I was just infused with some disposable income, so after watching @ToneDeafMonk's video, I finally jumped in, because as you just said, this seems like it's perfectly down my alley sonically?

May 22, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #102,713 of 106,504
Today's special:
"If Words Were Flowers" by Curtis Harding.
Fantastic modern Soul music.
One of my favorite contemporary male singers.
Sounding divine on the Himalaya!

0522241356.jpg

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #102,714 of 106,504
To be honest your EM10 quick decision is a very good bet I think.
Although there aren't many reviews currently, HBB praise them so much and seeing this graph :
graph (13).png

You got deep punchy subbass and midbass with nice proportion, yet with non to minimum mid bass bleed to let mids still clean, quite forwarded mids and there are great treble extension, no too deep dip on 6khz, well so far so good (just for my personal liking, and listening with loud volume, I would like to reduce pinna gain little bit). Then the simgot quality and multidriver setup.

If you are lucky, you'll hear glimpse of one of the best IEM, the Annihilator 2023 :
graph (14).png
Whoa that EM10 graph is actually intriguing, they got bass now???

May 22, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #102,715 of 106,504
May 22, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #102,716 of 106,504
Bass engaged!

1000032661.jpg

1000032663.jpg

Attachments

• 1000032660.jpg
    1000032660.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
May 22, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #102,717 of 106,504
He has become self-aware! 🤖
Nah. It's not for the frequency of my posts. I think I'm free to not overthink how many posts I'd like to answer or thoughts I'd like to drop, but it was more about lowering the amount of RELATED posts from multiple posters with single responses. This was an awareness before warren's post, if you go back. I'm certainly not going to be bullied due to frequency. It's just courtesy in some inter-related posts, as warren stated.

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #102,718 of 106,504
@Jmop Thanks for asking those questions about the OD200, because as a direct result, you have saved this IEM from the wooden box fate! Your questions got me thinking, and I started treating this like if it was the VSonic VS3 or the NF Audio NM2+. These are both notoriously bright IEMs that could use a little bass lift, so I decided to go back to the black filters, and the OD200 with the black filters are incredibly similar sonically to the NM2+ with upper mids similar to the VS3. So logically, I then switched from the Springs to the special Bass tip from the NM2+, which does wonders with smoothing out upper mids/treble, while providing a bit of a bass lift, and I switched to the NiceHCK BlackCat cable, which is essentially a copper cable with zinc, and I stuck with specific genres of music (jazz/r&b/soul/swing/reggae), and stayed away from busy complex music (technical metal/heavy metal/progressive rock/metal etc), and boy oh boy did it hit the spot for me musically! It started to move me, as in foot tapping/head bobbing and eyes closing and the such, and the air and extension really opened up more, not to mention the stage, which is a bit more intimate with the silver filter (not to mention the loss of air). So needless to say, the Oriveti OD200 is back in rotation, just with specific playlists only. Thanks!

Attachments

• Oriveti OD200 + Black.jpg
    Oriveti OD200 + Black.jpg
    693.5 KB · Views: 0
May 22, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #102,719 of 106,504
Timbre is fantastically tuned on the ST7. Now the sub bass is certainly a subtle quality, as it's not very prominent, but the resolution and timbre are very high quality for a bellsing BA that sits in the nozzle.
@Nimweth I would call listening to this song ethereal. It takes you places while you're involved. Thanks for sharing. The ST7 indeed played this back with ethereal beauty.

May 22, 2024 at 3:49 PM Post #102,720 of 106,504
How on God's green earth did my CCA Hydro end up getting shipped to the Netherlands? First time it's ever taken that route. It's gonna be awhile before I see those land in my mailbox. I bet the Project M get here quicker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back