The discovery thread!
Jan 18, 2024 at 3:52 AM Post #93,286 of 102,993
M9 and M7 are for performing on the stage, not for front house or monitor mixing like U6t / U12t, I assume?
1705567937250.png

I'll just quote Sony if that helps.

Jan 18, 2024 at 5:17 AM Post #93,287 of 102,993
Design looks spectacular!! Although I have recently tried the Okavango, I am particularly not very happy with the sound. It has that BA Tone and also Bass is not upto my taste particularly. Hope the T4 is better in that regard.
Wanna try? :relieved:
Also, try the Bass switch it improves the bass even more (Although it was just fine for me in Balanced even)

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 5:44 AM Post #93,288 of 102,993
Design looks spectacular!! Although I have recently tried the Okavango, I am particularly not very happy with the sound. It has that BA Tone and also Bass is not upto my taste particularly. Hope the T4 is better in that regard.
Interesting take, Okavango is one of my favorite hybrids around the price. Not spectacular ofc, but also not doing anything wrong. Haven't heard any BA timbre on any of the newer sets coming out.

But even saying that, I still prefer T4 over the Okavango.

Btw no offence or critic, normal that people don't hear the same thing.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #93,290 of 102,993
Am I the only one in the world who doesn't like gapless? I actually completely don't get that "continues" play thing.

Sometimes, it seems like one song never ends. Hmm...

Cheers!
Gapless playback is essentially in recordings that are actually gapless, like Bach’s partitas or Goldberg’s Variations.

Edit: gapless != crossfade

Jan 18, 2024 at 6:16 AM Post #93,291 of 102,993
Gapless playback is essentially in recordings that are actually gapless, like Bach’s partitas or Goldberg’s Variations.
Perhaps in some, and it would be great if it works as a rule...but if you listen to so many genres and music as I do...you would notice that fade in or out (I like to use it when I do my stuff for fun) is hard to find.
Anyway, if you have a gap of two seconds...what's the big deal???

Jan 18, 2024 at 6:22 AM Post #93,292 of 102,993
I would rather stop listening to music than sell this tremendous set of audio nirvana..
Unfortunately here in Greece there's no way of testing any kind of gear and make any decision based on our personal experience so in this case things couldn't get any better, SZA exceeded any expectations I had on them based on pure reading.... I just couldn't be any happier than that.
I consider my self as an anti-purist (if I am allowed to use this term) and a member of the famous anti "Harman squad" :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: (a term invented by @ToneDeafMonk and I also appreciate fun / colored & vast sound signatures bringing to life any kind of song..
Monitors like the SZA which is for sure dedicated to this secret cause, the cause of musicality, helped me a lot to understand and appreciate my preferences, Oriolus SZA is not only about bass domination... First and most is about enjoying your favorite music in the best possible way, and here the implementation works wonders... One of the very few tribrids that manage to offer such an amount of ambience to the listener...ISN EST50s is also a tribrid with tremendous bass impact and ISN AUDIO is a company that provides monitors of tremendous value for money and as far as musicallity goes all of their iems are totally fabulus, but in Szalayi's case the planar driver is handling the midrange ensuring that everything stays perfectly clean and vivid.. Spaciousness is the name of game on Szalayis and engagement in a vast surrounding feeling of music,
other than that and FYI, ISN AUDIO is planning on releasing a new monitor in the NEO series with a combination of 2DDs & 1 PLANNAR... judging from this and only i guess it would be quite interesting model as well...

IMG_20230128_180104.jpg

Anyway... And regardless of any forthcoming release in the future the SZAs will always obtain a special place inside my heart.... as a most unique and a best value incredible all rounder man...
Its sad that a love react is not there in Head fi. And your reply read like poetry in prose format. I totally agree with everything you have said about Sza and with how you feel about Sza. It is truly special. Oriolus holds a special place in my heart and will always do.

Will take a look at the Neo series but I am done with all my iem needs for the foreseeable future. Until and unless one of my existing one breaks, I am not buying anything.

Jan 18, 2024 at 6:48 AM Post #93,293 of 102,993
Anyway, if you have a gap of two seconds...what's the big deal???
Because the the whole album was recorded continuously, so the lingering note from one movement can link to the next movement. There is no physical cut in the recording. Of course not all classical albums are recorded like that, but for this particular kind of music, it’s ruined without gapless playback.

Jan 18, 2024 at 6:54 AM Post #93,294 of 102,993
Because the the whole album was recorded continuously, so the lingering note from one movement can link to the next movement. There is no physical cut in the recording. Of course not all classical albums are recorded like that, but for this particular kind of music, it’s ruined without gapless playback.

Not just limited to classical either. It's not uncommon for two or more songs on an album of any genre to 'flow' from one track to the next.

Jan 18, 2024 at 6:56 AM Post #93,295 of 102,993
415938596_2007839646262959_4312565636689343472_n.jpg

ISN NEO Series - Neo 3

Interesting ????
suppose we ll find out soon enough...
this one is the latest due to be released anytime soon from the MASTERS of ISN AUDIO...
...and to be more specific on this and get you even more interested here, this is the first time ISN AUDIO uses a much interesting implementation of 1 - 5.8mm PLANAR & 2 - 6mm DYNAMIC DRIVERS....So....just makes me really curious to see how this one compares to a monitor priced just below 1k and also uses 1 planar magnetic +1DD + 1BA ..the Oriolus Szalayi.....
just having a feeling that this time again ....ISN AUDIO will bring another strong competitor on the table and if the rumour of 199 $ gets to be true....then things are getting really really interesting here..........😁😁

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 6:57 AM Post #93,296 of 102,993
Jan 18, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #93,297 of 102,993
415938596_2007839646262959_4312565636689343472_n.jpg

ISN NEO Series - Neo 3

Interesting ????
suppose we ll find out soon enough...
this one is the latest due to be released anytime soon from the MASTERS of ISN AUDIO...
...and to be more specific on this and get you even more interested here, this is the first time ISN AUDIO uses a much interesting implementation of 1 15.8mm PLANAR & 2 16mm DYNAMIC DRIVERS....So....just makes me really curious to see how this one compares to a monitor priced just below 1k and also uses 1 planar magnetic +1DD + 1BA ..the Oriolus Szalayi.....
just having a feeling that this time again ....ISN AUDIO will bring another strong competitor on the table and if the rumour of 199 $ gets to be true....then things are getting really really interesting here..........😁😁
Just hope the treble we get from it can match the amount of bass.
And if - instant buy 😎

Jan 18, 2024 at 7:29 AM Post #93,299 of 102,993
That's 1% of the whole production, perhaps not even 1%...a one drop in the whole sea.

A fine example of what I think of gapless :)

Personally, I don't dare to estimate the percentage of this kind of albums, but in their case, if the player doesn't support gapeless playback, the listening experience suffers greatly. If any player couldn't handle gapeless playback, I wouldn't even consider buying it.

Jan 18, 2024 at 7:42 AM Post #93,300 of 102,993

Just hope the treble we get from it can match the amount of bass.
And if - instant buy 😎
all i know is that the planar is taking care of the highs there ........so expect nothing less than smoothness i suppose so......but till i hear them in person (I LL DEFINITELY GONNA BUY THOSE..... 😂😂) can't suppose anything else..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back