The discovery thread!
Jan 18, 2024 at 7:52 AM Post #93,301 of 106,703
Personally, I don't dare to estimate the percentage of this kind of albums, but in their case, if the player doesn't support gapeless playback, the listening experience suffers greatly. If any player couldn't handle gapeless playback, I wouldn't even consider buying it.
Right, it is the artistic statement if the music contains no pause between songs, therefor it has to be that way.

Jan 18, 2024 at 7:53 AM Post #93,302 of 106,703
My Hype10 has got a new companion, this is a custom cable by a maker in India. Looks fantastic, sounds great. Basically the Bass is a little more controlled, and the micro-details+staging are also better than the stock cable.

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-18 at 6.18.44 PM.jpeg

Jan 18, 2024 at 7:55 AM Post #93,303 of 106,703
If any player couldn't handle gapeless playback, I wouldn't even consider buying it.
I am aware of that...I would be surprised if it's otherwise. I am in the vast minority; that's why I even commented (for fun) :)

Perhaps nikbr would know this, because we live in neighbouring countries. When you travel by bus, drivers often have "tapes" with local music on continuous play (gapless)...Dude, you can't imagine what kind of torture that was to me before I had walkmans or discmans while travelling.
Luckily, I can listen to music with gaps these days :)

Cheers!

Jan 18, 2024 at 8:00 AM Post #93,304 of 106,703
Because the the whole album was recorded continuously, so the lingering note from one movement can link to the next movement. There is no physical cut in the recording. Of course not all classical albums are recorded like that, but for this particular kind of music, it’s ruined without gapless playback.
As already mentioned, 100% true for all kind of gapless recordings not jusst classical.
In ~1998 we made mp3 CDs (mean: 6-8 albums compressed to mp3 written to a CD); biggest ruin was to listen a gapless recording with gaps (as we did not have a good mp3 player then). Those times thankfully passed long ago.

ISN NEO Series - Neo 3

15.8mm PLANAR & 2 16mm DYNAMIC DRIVERS

This sounds veeery interesting ! I just hope it will not be 7Hz Legato like bass: however I like to have nice bass, that is too much for me (and found it's way to the grinch bag last Xmas :wink: ). Also, for me, price matters.

Jan 18, 2024 at 8:10 AM Post #93,306 of 106,703
Just hope the treble we get from it can match the amount of bass.
And if - instant buy 😎
The treble is not forward like Simgot’s tuning, but it is brighter and clearer than the Serial. The bass is strong though not basshead level, well below the Neo 5. Mids are forward and warm. The timbre (after 8 hours burning in) is as good as you expect from ISN. If you can imagine something between the Moondrop May and Neo 5, you’ll be close.

My initial impressions are in the ISN thread.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 8:37 AM Post #93,308 of 106,703
however I like to have nice bass, that is too much for me
ISN AUDIO......
.. Just saying in any case you haven't heard of those guys.... It's all about tremendous/impact full quality bass, I am a basshead and pretty much own most of their monitors....strictly professionals and nothing less..

Jan 18, 2024 at 8:42 AM Post #93,309 of 106,703
Not just limited to classical either. It's not uncommon for two or more songs on an album of any genre to 'flow' from one track to the next.
Agree! I have actually combined 2 tracks into One for many Classic Rock Albums, just because the two tracks are meant to play as one flowing into the other.
(Fyi: I use Foobar2K to combine the tracks...)
Examples:
Springsteen: "Incident on 57th Street" & "Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)"
Steve Miller Band: "Threshold" & "Jet Airliner"
Little Feat: "Dixie Chicken" & "Tripe Face Boogie" ( From Live "Waiting for Columbus")
John (Cougar) Mellencamp: "Grandma's Theme" & "Small Town"
Pure Prairie League: "Falling' In and Out Or Love" & "Amie" (From "Bustin' Out")...

Jan 18, 2024 at 8:48 AM Post #93,310 of 106,703
ISN AUDIO......
.. Just saying in any case you haven't heard of those guys.... It's all about tremendous/impact full quality bass, I am a basshead and pretty much own most of their monitors....strictly professionals and nothing less..
The Oriolus uses quite large drivers and the Neo 3 uses micro-drivers. I'm sure that gives an advantage to the Oriolus.

Jan 18, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #93,311 of 106,703
The Oriolus uses quite large drivers and the Neo 3 uses micro-drivers. I'm sure that gives an advantage to the Oriolus.
anyway in terms of stage and dimentionality of the stage the SZAs is among the best monitors i ve heard ever and very very hard to beat regardless of their price range that is...

Jan 18, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #93,312 of 106,703
I doubt that the Magnesium-Lithium alloy (edit) is just Mg and Li...other metals, maybe Al or Zinc, or some other stabilising agent. If Lithium touches water, it really goes off, If Magnesium burns it gives that amazing, beautiful, brilliant white flame. It would have to be stabilised.
In this speed dating world of IEMs, does anyone bother if it lasts only few months or barely a year? We would have moved on to a titanium aluminum alloy/xMEMS/PR hybrids by time EA500LM breaks.

Jan 18, 2024 at 9:11 AM Post #93,313 of 106,703
The Canpur CP54e (5BA/4EST) have landed today. OOTB, without having played with sources, amps and cables, I can say that I am mind-blown (source: LPGT OG). I have tried many IEMs over the years and settled down with a mix of energetic, bassy or mid-centric sets. I cannot stand bright IEMs with thin mids or artificially over-boosted uppermids.

The CP54e, like my beloved Oriveti OH700VB, are IEMs that bring everything what I love sound wise under the same shells. Both aforementioned sets are differently tuned, though. The OH700VB are more colored, punchier in the lower end with a darker sound and the CP54e are less colored across the frequency range, with one of the best vocals reproduction I have experienced in portable audio so far, great note weight and extended treble full of details and air. Soundstage and 3D presentation still remain unbeaten through the OH700VB. If the CP54e are like a Ferrari SP90, the OH700VB are a Shelby Cobra GT500.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #93,314 of 106,703
Jan 18, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #93,315 of 106,703
What do you do with all these IEMs?

He digitizes them and uploads them into his signature so that they can live forever there, then he melts them down so he can sell the precious metals they contain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back