The discovery thread!
Jan 15, 2024 at 12:32 AM Post #93,061 of 102,856
Depends what your problem is, for some it can be small nozzle or short. Also since the Twin Pulse is bullet style that can make it harder also, and for me i have to use the cable over the ear on bullet-style iems. Not hanging down, since this make the seal break.

Some tips that can help and is great for me on harder to fit IEMs:
Spinfit W1 - Slight sticky and soft, and the tip swiwel sort of making the angle of your ear less of a problem.
Spinfit CP100 - Similar as the one above, but sort of more comfortable for me.
AZLA SednaEarfit Xelastec - Grippy and secure, also very large in the biggest size.
Tri Clarion - Large could have been larger, but the tip is quite long and it has helped me on a few bullet style IEMs
JVC Spiral Dot - Very soft tip, not so grippy as others above but since since its possible to get in quite large size and is soft it has helped me plenty times.
Not a problem per se. So I got to listen to the Twin Pulse for a short while. A friend of mine brought the sample which he got for review unit over to my home. I tried it with the stock M tips and wore the cable over the ears. The fit wasn't good mainly cause of the stock tips. I tried with Final L tips and seal and fit was somewhat better but I still think that it could improve. Since I intend to get this pair for myself very soon, wanted to ask the community's experience on the same.
Thank you for the suggestions. I have the W1 and a few other Spinfit tips with me and those might be a good fit for TP.
And I wanna get the Clarion to try on my Sza but these are not available in my country. Will get them imported sometime in the future.

Jan 15, 2024 at 12:33 AM Post #93,062 of 102,856
HBB giving the EA500LM an 8/10 on res is a very bold claim, 8/10 is like near endgame res you'd find on an Elysian Diva or something.

Akros is a lot more realistic with his assessment, I'd believe the LM is better than the Tanchjim O2

Maybe Lithium-Magnesium DDs will be the hype trend of 2024?

Before EA500LM, LM DD was used in Ikko iems. I forgot whether its OH05 or something else.
Thanks to their mumbo jumbo marketing it was doubted to have any proper effect on the sound.

Jan 15, 2024 at 12:37 AM Post #93,063 of 102,856
Dunu S&S is now my default rec for eartips.
Get the right size for you and they have the form and rigidity to seal, ensure you get that bass thump and security of fit.
Will take a look at the S&S. Thanks.

Jan 15, 2024 at 12:51 AM Post #93,064 of 102,856
To the DAP users here.. do you mainly use your DAP with local audio files or with streaming services?

Mine are all local files, WAV and FLAC format, burned from existing CDs or bought online.

I used to be a Tidal subscriber, MQA shenanigans aside, I got pissed when I realized one day some albums/artistes were just deleted overnight, probably due to licensing issues. So in the blink of an eye, music has disappeared! No such issues with getting local files, you can keep them to your heart's content.

Anyway I travel quite a lot and always leaving the internet on also adds to my phone bill and isn't an issue with local files.

But YMMV, different strokes for different folks.

Jan 15, 2024 at 1:10 AM Post #93,065 of 102,856
Mine are all local files, WAV and FLAC format, burned from existing CDs or bought online.

I used to be a Tidal subscriber, MQA shenanigans aside, I got pissed when I realized one day some albums/artistes were just deleted overnight, probably due to licensing issues. So in the blink of an eye, music has disappeared! No such issues with getting local files, you can keep them to your heart's content.

Anyway I travel quite a lot and always leaving the internet on also adds to my phone bill and isn't an issue with local files.

But YMMV, different strokes for different folks.
To add to this, it’s purely psychological but I find myself enjoy albums or playlists that I personally curated more thoroughly than a random playlist on Apple music, though the human curators + machine learning at apple certainly know music more than I do.

Jan 15, 2024 at 4:16 AM Post #93,067 of 102,856
The Pula shoots way above its price
I'm sure the Pula is a very good iem, but I'm always curious about the value of this comment.

I'm sure that there are a few iems that are not worth the price advertised, but in this day and age, so many iems are good for their price, it's hard to qualify what more expensive iems they are actually better than.

To my mind, the quality of most releases today are better (and often cheaper) than their similarly priced contemporaries of years gone by.

...just my 2 cents

Jan 15, 2024 at 4:33 AM Post #93,068 of 102,856
I'm sure the Pula is a very good iem, but I'm always curious about the value of this comment.

I'm sure that there are a few iems that are not worth the price advertised, but in this day and age, so many iems are good for their price, it's hard to qualify what more expensive iems they are actually better than.

To my mind, the quality of most releases today are better (and often cheaper) than their similarly priced contemporaries of years gone by.

...just my 2 cents
Anything that a person enjoys “shoot way above its price point.” That’s how it works in this hobby, ever since I started 😂

Jan 15, 2024 at 4:39 AM Post #93,069 of 102,856
To the DAP users here.. do you mainly use your DAP with local audio files or with streaming services?
I have about 500 GB of my favorite music stored in my DAP, but I really don't want to go back to the days before streaming services (I'm also Tidal positive). Being able to listen to a music album immediately after reading an encouraging review is amazingly convenient...

Jan 15, 2024 at 4:57 AM Post #93,070 of 102,856
Anything that a person enjoys “shoot way above its price point.” That’s how it works in this hobby, ever since I started 😂
Until someone puts them in a factual* ranking for me it's D-.

*Yes, it's subjective

Jan 15, 2024 at 5:06 AM Post #93,071 of 102,856
Local files only.

Couldn't care less for streaming services
OK, for me it just my phone with some DAC and no DAP, but I only trust what I have locally stored. I wrote about this here.

Jan 15, 2024 at 5:06 AM Post #93,072 of 102,856
Which DONG-le is the biggest?

Dongle.jpeg

From left to right:
Simgot DEW4X, Muse HIFI M3 II, AFUL SnowyNight, EPZ TP20, EPZ TP30

Jan 15, 2024 at 8:52 AM Post #93,074 of 102,856
Did anyone try Motie Hifi T800?
Looks interesting on paper...
Impedancy: 32 Ω a 1 kHz
Sensitivity: 107 ± 3 dB a 1 kHz

1705326699345.png

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #93,075 of 102,856
Oh and to answer your question, nothing touches the fx15, period.

It’s unrivalled and unmatched in every department, and I have a reliable and credible source to vouch for this- the legend himself!

IMG_2090.jpeg

#freeleo #justiceforleo #notallheroeswearcapes #theheroweneed #thelegendliveson
I just ban him of the no.SOUND group.

Sorry, but its a spammer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back