The discovery thread!
Jan 15, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #93,091 of 106,553
I just looked up those baroque tips.
Man, they are the most expensive tips I've sec other than the brass Corier ones.
What makes them so special?
I mean, they look comfy and all...
Mostly that, they are maybe the softest and most comfy tips out there that also sound full. They are costly, but maybe worth having a pair with a special loved one.

They run a little small in the size so a XL would be wise of them to introduce.

Jan 15, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #93,092 of 106,553
I just looked up those baroque tips.
Man, they are the most expensive tips I've sec other than the brass Corier ones.
What makes them so special?
I mean, they look comfy and all...
Idk about “special”, I try most newer tips that come out so ymmv on price.

They are close to something like the divinus velvet material, but way thinner. The shape is kinda bulbous and since they are so thin they can get get deeper in the canal, which is especially helpful for my left ear.

I have only used them on the Sza so far but they sounded the best out of everything in my collection, including the Corier and Divinus.

Jan 15, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #93,093 of 106,553
I want to share this from hifiguides, good advise for the EA1000 owners. Its subtle, but it do change it slightly more warm and relaxed.

417007037_381709684538006_1287363918327811134_n.png

Jan 15, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #93,094 of 106,553
Man I really wish I had some more patience and did some more research. Bought the V3 in the Aliexpress wintersale and it hasn't even arrived yet and from reading this and other posts in the V3 thread, I know I can send it right back. Although I am sure sending stuff back to China is going to be one big hassle. It is sad that most Android based Daps are either really expensive or have massively outdated android version where I worry Tidal might stop supporting it soonish. Keeping track of the second hand stuff in my country now.
It might be worth it to crosspost and/or write a bit about your experiences in the V3 thread as well?
I use my Android phone as a carrier connected, either to a dongle or DAC/AMP.

Have old-school DAPs...

Jan 15, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #93,096 of 106,553
Man I really wish I had some more patience and did some more research. Bought the V3 in the Aliexpress wintersale and it hasn't even arrived yet and from reading this and other posts in the V3 thread, I know I can send it right back. Although I am sure sending stuff back to China is going to be one big hassle. It is sad that most Android based Daps are either really expensive or have massively outdated android version where I worry Tidal might stop supporting it soonish. Keeping track of the second hand stuff in my country now.
It might be worth it to crosspost and/or write a bit about your experiences in the V3 thread as well?
I'm in the states and this is my first time returning something to AliExpress so I was surprised to find that they actually cover return shipping costs. They provided a shipping label and it's actually going to California, which is great because I hate filling out customs paperwork lol.

I see you're in the Netherlands so hopefully they do the same.

Jan 15, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #93,097 of 106,553
honestly at this point you'd probably be better off getting an extra cheap phone with a dongle. should be cheaper than most daps with unmatched compatibility for most of those music apps as long as it's relatively modern (android 11 and above). too bad there's still no phone out there with more than one usb port, or at least the cheap one.

Jan 15, 2024 at 5:48 PM Post #93,098 of 106,553
I'm in the states and this is my first time returning something to AliExpress so I was surprised to find that they actually cover return shipping costs. They provided a shipping label and it's actually going to California, which is great because I hate filling out customs paperwork lol.

I see you're in the Netherlands so hopefully they do the same.
It depends on the seller. Most don't have free returns. The good ones do though.

honestly at this point you'd probably be better off getting an extra cheap phone with a dongle. should be cheaper than most daps with unmatched compatibility for most of those music apps as long as it's relatively modern (android 11 and above). too bad there's still no phone out there with more than one usb port, or at least the cheap one.

There are audio adapters [ie: ddHiFi] that allow you to listen with a dongle and charge the phone simultaneously, not to mention OTG adapters that can have more than 1 device plugged in.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 6:18 PM Post #93,099 of 106,553
Thanks, you just saved me a lot of time and money! I'll stick with the BTR7 since I'm using it with LDAC and there's no audio/video delay.

I've ripped CDs into MP3 and FLAC. I've purchased music from iTunes and Bandcamp. I've even sailed the seven seas with the 🏴‍☠️ flag. I just haven't come across any software where I can easily customize playlists that are accessible from any device and discover new music at the same time. This is where the streaming services have the advantage.

If I'm missing something please let me know because the monthly Tidal fees could go towards moar gear!
It's possible the latest version of Media Monkey may do it for you, depends on the online services its linked to...

Jan 15, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #93,100 of 106,553
Jan 15, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #93,101 of 106,553
DSC_1599.jpegww.jpeg

Interesting as I have a very different take on the GK10s after burn-in. Really smooth now, with correct vocals and amazingly correct timbre, even in the guitars. This review will end-up a fun one to do.

Old Model: GK10
Driver configuration:
1 balanced armature for high frequency
2 piezoelectric ceramic for ultra-high frequency
7mm graphene diaphragm dynamic for middle frequency
8mm dome titanium diaphragm dynamic for bass
Panel: stable wood
Shell material: ABS+PC
Impedance: 8Ω
Sensitivity: 106dB
Frequency response range: 20-30kHz
Cable material: 6-strand silver-plated
Connector: 2pin 0.78mm
Cable length: 1.2m

New Model Geek Wold GK10s 1BA + 2 Piezoelectric + 2 Dynamic Driver Hybrid 2Pin 0.78mm HiFi In-ear Earphone
Specification

5 Driver Hybrid Hi-Fi In-ear Earphone

Model:GK10S
Driver:1 Balanced armature + 2 Piezoelectric ceramics +2 Dynamic Driver
Frequency:20Hz-40kHz
Impedance:100

Sensitivity:106dB
Cable length:1.2M

Package
GK10s
Cable
6 pairs of silicone ear-tips

$49.90 free shipping
https://penonaudio.com/Geek-Wold-GK10s

Jan 15, 2024 at 8:38 PM Post #93,102 of 106,553
I'm not sure if your reply was meant for me, but I'm not a fan of dongles either. I'll stick with using the BTR7 in Bluetooth mode with my phone. My only complaint with the BTR7 is battery life.

Jan 15, 2024 at 8:59 PM Post #93,103 of 106,553
It's possible the latest version of Media Monkey may do it for you, depends on the online services its linked to...
Thanks for the rec. Media Monkey looks like a pretty cool app if you want to centralize and organize your FLAC files. It's kind of like Plex, but for music. Unfortunately Media Monkey won't work for me at the moment since I don't have much of a FLAC collection (yet).

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:25 PM Post #93,104 of 106,553
Jan 15, 2024 at 10:58 PM Post #93,105 of 106,553

Users who are viewing this thread

Back