Looks interesting on paper...
Impedancy: 32 Ω a 1 kHz
Sensitivity: 107 ± 3 dB a 1 kHz

1705326699345.png
Is that 12 or 24 BAs per side?

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #93,077 of 106,566
I mostly enjoy 80’s pop and rock
That’s my jam, from Human League to AC/DC
The pop music isn’t the challenge, it’s the rock era, as the expansive range of the vocals can be challenging. e.g. from Heart to Led Zeppelin.

Nothing less than a Tri-bid (with a dynamic driver for the low end) will give you the proper replication. My goto is the Xenns Mangird line. I would suggest starting your journey at the Tea II; which can be found on sale in the $200s, on AliExpress.

Jan 15, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #93,078 of 106,566
Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 12:02 PM Post #93,079 of 106,566
First weekend with the Szalayi was a total joy.

- the soundstage on this set is huge for an IEM. Something tells me planar drivers are the secret sauce for staging in IEMs, after this and the MP145.

- the bass on the Sza continues to impress. It’s so full and accurate, yet the bleed into the mids is basically non-existent. I can easily separate out what is where doing what, even when the bass is going absolutely nuts.

- the included cable rules. It’s so simple, fabric but not microphonic, keeps no memory of knots at all. I want one for all my IEMs.

- crazy source dependent. The better your chain is, the more you will get out of these. I cannot use these with BT, and audio not mixed well isn’t great. it sounded way less dynamic when using a standard 3.5mm cable.

- the real magic of this set is how full the sound is for how non-fatiguing it is to wear. The shells are quite large even, but I will still forget they are in my ears, playing music. They are just so natural, the treble shines just enough but that is easily the part taking the biggest hit in the balance of the tuning.

- I did notice a couple micro scratches on the faceplates. Unsure if that is my fault or what, I can’t imagine what caused it but meh! It’s not that big of a deal.

IMG_6409.jpeg

Edit - meant to say this too. “Planar timbre”; this set doesn’t have it to my ears. I quite like that tonality, you can tell by my signature how much I like planar drivers but to me, this set doesn’t have that “planar zing” people talk about in other sets utilizing a planar. It’s very natural.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #93,080 of 106,566
I just ban him of the no.SOUND group.

Sorry, but its a spammer.
This guy is everywhere on facebook, man..
kept spewing about fx15 bla bla bla, almost every single group that i have browsed, his comment will be there and its fx15 related. lol

Jan 15, 2024 at 12:24 PM Post #93,082 of 106,566
To the DAP users here.. do you mainly use your DAP with local audio files or with streaming services?

Last week, the Tempotec V3 DAP was delivered and I knew right away that it was not for me as a Tidal user. It's definitely meant to be used with local files and the included Tidal app seems like it was more of an afterthought.

Here are a couple things that stuck out right away:
  • The included Tidal app requires you to log in each time. When you launch the Tidal app, it gives you a QR code that you have to scan with your phone and log in from the phone. Annoying.
  • The included Tidal app only lets you listen to official Tidal playlists or use the search function if you want to listen to a specific track. You can't listen to any of your personalized playlists. Even more annoying.
Ok, so the OS sucks for streaming with Tidal. Why not use it more like a Bluetooth device à la FiiO BTR7 and have your phone be the audio source? Well, that worked out better since the native Tidal app on my phone is actually functional, BUT there's a very noticeable delay with audio/video sync using the V3 with Bluetooth. It's not that big a deal when listening to music, but it's pretty bad if you want to watch a YouTube video from one of your favorite head-fi reviewers. Btw, the BTR7 does not have this audio/video sync issue.

The final straw was when I left it unused for a couple days and when I powered it back on, it prompted me to choose a Language. I thought that was odd and then I noticed that the clock on the V3 was the default 24hr format when I had changed it to the 12hr format. (I know, I know. Stupid non-military Americans don't understand the 24h format.) Next thing I noticed was that it wasn't connected to WiFi or Bluetooth. Apparently, it had set itself back to factory settings because it knew I was going to return it.

Welp, it's boxed up and going to be sent back tomorrow. It's disappointing because it sounded great and had plenty of power. The OS was also quick and responsive, and the form factor was about the size of a deck of cards so it wasn't a gigantic brick. I'm sure local audio file users would be happy with the Tempotec V3, but it's definitely not for Tidal streamers like me.
Man I really wish I had some more patience and did some more research. Bought the V3 in the Aliexpress wintersale and it hasn't even arrived yet and from reading this and other posts in the V3 thread, I know I can send it right back. Although I am sure sending stuff back to China is going to be one big hassle. It is sad that most Android based Daps are either really expensive or have massively outdated android version where I worry Tidal might stop supporting it soonish. Keeping track of the second hand stuff in my country now.
It might be worth it to crosspost and/or write a bit about your experiences in the V3 thread as well?

Jan 15, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #93,084 of 106,566
To the DAP users here.. do you mainly use your DAP with local audio files or with streaming services?

Last week, the Tempotec V3 DAP was delivered and I knew right away that it was not for me as a Tidal user. It's definitely meant to be used with local files and the included Tidal app seems like it was more of an afterthought.

Here are a couple things that stuck out right away:
  • The included Tidal app requires you to log in each time. When you launch the Tidal app, it gives you a QR code that you have to scan with your phone and log in from the phone. Annoying.
  • The included Tidal app only lets you listen to official Tidal playlists or use the search function if you want to listen to a specific track. You can't listen to any of your personalized playlists. Even more annoying.
Ok, so the OS sucks for streaming with Tidal. Why not use it more like a Bluetooth device à la FiiO BTR7 and have your phone be the audio source? Well, that worked out better since the native Tidal app on my phone is actually functional, BUT there's a very noticeable delay with audio/video sync using the V3 with Bluetooth. It's not that big a deal when listening to music, but it's pretty bad if you want to watch a YouTube video from one of your favorite head-fi reviewers. Btw, the BTR7 does not have this audio/video sync issue.

The final straw was when I left it unused for a couple days and when I powered it back on, it prompted me to choose a Language. I thought that was odd and then I noticed that the clock on the V3 was the default 24hr format when I had changed it to the 12hr format. (I know, I know. Stupid non-military Americans don't understand the 24h format.) Next thing I noticed was that it wasn't connected to WiFi or Bluetooth. Apparently, it had set itself back to factory settings because it knew I was going to return it.

Welp, it's boxed up and going to be sent back tomorrow. It's disappointing because it sounded great and had plenty of power. The OS was also quick and responsive, and the form factor was about the size of a deck of cards so it wasn't a gigantic brick. I'm sure local audio file users would be happy with the Tempotec V3, but it's definitely not for Tidal streamers like me.
I always consider V3 as an offline DAP, not just the V3 there are many other models like HiBY R3 II, and stuff, they bring streaming but their locked applications are really hard to get by. For Streaming only Android DAPs are worth it. For me I also need bigger display screens since my hands are kinda big, so smaller screen always give me navigating issues.

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #93,085 of 106,566
I’ve been really happy with the Sony NW-A306. Just had an update to Android 13 too.
I enjoy mine too. Not quite as much as the WM1A but it's pretty clean and delivers good stage and resolution.

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #93,086 of 106,566
First weekend with the Szalayi was a total joy.

- the soundstage on this set is huge for an IEM. Something tells me planar drivers are the secret sauce for staging in IEMs, after this and the MP145.

- the bass on the Sza continues to impress. It’s so full and accurate, yet the bleed into the mids is basically non-existent. I can easily separate out what is where doing what, even when the bass is going absolutely nuts.

- the included cable rules. It’s so simple, fabric but not microphonic, keeps no memory of knots at all. I want one for all my IEMs.

- crazy source dependent. The better your chain is, the more you will get out of these. I cannot use these with BT, and audio not mixed well isn’t great. it sounded way less dynamic when using a standard 3.5mm cable.

- the real magic of this set is how full the sound is for how non-fatiguing it is to wear. The shells are quite large even, but I will still forget they are in my ears, playing music. They are just so natural, the treble shines just enough but that is easily the part taking the biggest hit in the balance of the tuning.

- I did notice a couple micro scratches on the faceplates. Unsure if that is my fault or what, I can’t imagine what caused it but meh! It’s not that big of a deal.

Edit - meant to say this too. “Planar timbre”; this set doesn’t have it to my ears. I quite like that tonality, you can tell by my signature how much I like planar drivers but to me, this set doesn’t have that “planar zing” people talk about in other sets utilizing a planar. It’s very natural.

1000001700.jpg
1000001676.jpg
1000001750.jpg

There's absolutely nothing like the Szalayis bro
...........in terms of dynamics and sonics as long as you turn up the volume really high ............the louder the better , its like having speakers inside your head, it does benefit from a good source though..........the plannar is taking care of the midrange providing spaciouness and air so separation is no problem no matter how bombastic the bass is there.. , regardless of it's impact the rest of the spectrum stays perfectly balanced and coherent.........it's just impossible in this kind of tuning for the treble to extend more it would be inaudible and crazy fatigue listening, so... tuning wise and cleverly enough treble stays lower in the FR, providing smoothness and comfort for long time listenings...
Azla xelastec serves me the best on these monsters providing secure and stable fit
ENJOY..............

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #93,087 of 106,566
1000001700.jpg
...........in terms of dynamics and sonics as long as you turn up the volume really high ............the louder the better , its like having speakers inside your head, it does benefits from a good source though..........the plannar is taking care of the midrange providing spaciouness and air so separation is no problem no matter how bombastic is the bass, regardless of the impact the rest of the spectrum stays perfectly balanced and coherent.........ENJOY..............
How to pronounce these IEM? Za-La-Yi?

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #93,088 of 106,566
1000001700.jpg 1000001676.jpg1000001750.jpg
...........in terms of dynamics and sonics as long as you turn up the volume really high ............the louder the better , its like having speakers inside your head, it does benefit from a good source though..........the plannar is taking care of the midrange providing spaciouness and air so separation is no problem no matter how bombastic is the bass, regardless of the impact the rest of the spectrum stays perfectly balanced and coherent.........Azla xelastec serves me the best on these monsters providing secure and stable fit
ENJOY..............
i've been rocking the Baroque's on them, really nice balance keeping the bass intact while letting the top shine a bit more. I am thinking about the new Penon liqueur tips too.

1705347079341.png

Sounds so good on my desktop source.

How to pronounce these IEM? Za-La-Yi?
i wish i knew, this is probably the closest i imagine.

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #93,089 of 106,566
Jan 15, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #93,090 of 106,566
i've been rocking the Baroque's on them, really nice balance keeping the bass intact while letting the top shine a bit more. I am thinking about the new Penon liqueur tips too.

Sounds so good on my desktop source.

i wish i knew, this is probably the closest i imagine.
I just looked up those baroque tips.
Man, they are the most expensive tips I've seen other than the brass Corier ones.
What makes them so special?
Are they softer than the Divinus Velvet tips?
I mean, they look comfy and all...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back