The discovery thread!
Jan 14, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #93,031 of 106,420
I agree to a point, but it's called VOLUME SALES. You make more selling 20 at $70.00 than you do 4 at $200.00. The math makes sense.
What i learned in this hobby is that “better” is a very loaded word. Unless the underlying scale and criteria are specified, we can argue apple vs orange all day.

A single DD vs DD + PR? Regardless, it’s a shootout I can’t wait to see, especially since my Harman-hating friend hypes the DD+PR to the moon and back :dt880smile:

Jan 14, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #93,032 of 106,420
Hi all,
I started this hobby in January 2023 and since I read really a lot of reviews and did a lot of research ( and listening of course ). Also I had to find out what I like, and I did.
Please take a look at my signature, every item (except the PSB M4U I bought in 2013 and still is one of my best headphones) I bought, listened and sold is from January 2023 and onwards.
Somewhere down the line I saw a guys advice it was better to buy a expensive (endgame) IEM than spending your money on a lot of cheapl ones. I don’t know, I like to listen to different IEM’s based on my mood. Also comparing them. To date the Sennheiser IE200 is the IEM I most enjoy followed by the Hidizs MP145 and Penta P50 ( also the three most expensive ones ). I want to step it up a little. Maybe between 200,- and 300,- but I can’t figure out what to buy. One review says the Blessing 3 are perfect and than another reciew says they are not. One review says the IE300 sound amazing while another review states the IE200 are better than the other one…And don’t let me get started of people’s opinion about Shure…I am a bit treble sensitive so I think a little warmer sounding IEM is the best for me. I notice that instead of listening to the music I mostly am analyzing how the IEM performs and sounds sometimes not remembering what I listened to 😊 Fun thing, I also listen to music I don’t really like (jazz, classical, reggae ).
I mostly enjoy 80’s pop and rock.
You guys have any advice to give me? I think I read every reviews of IEM’s sold on AE, Linsoul and Amazon.
Your help will be appreciated!
My two favorites at that price range are the Dunu Falcon Ultra and Oriveti OD200. Each one comes with a generous set of accessories and two tuning nozzles that make them sound noticeably different. I stick with the blue nozzle on the Falcon Ultra, but I've been switching nozzles on the OD200 every couple weeks. If you like a warmer sound, you might like the Falcon Ultra with the gold nozzle.

Jan 14, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #93,033 of 106,420
My two favorites at that price range are the Dunu Falcon Ultra and Oriveti OD200. Each one comes with a generous set of accessories and two tuning nozzles that make them sound noticeably different. I stick with the blue nozzle on the Falcon Ultra, but I've been switching nozzles on the OD200 every couple weeks. If you like a warmer sound, you might like the Falcon Ultra with the gold nozzle.
Second the falcon ultra. Lovely allrounder with two interpretations of “neutral” in the box. And accessories are generous, because it’s a Dunu IEM.

Jan 14, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #93,035 of 106,420
Hi all,
I started this hobby in January 2023 and since I read really a lot of reviews and did a lot of research ( and listening of course ). Also I had to find out what I like, and I did.
Please take a look at my signature, every item (except the PSB M4U I bought in 2013 and still is one of my best headphones) I bought, listened and sold is from January 2023 and onwards.
Somewhere down the line I saw a guys advice it was better to buy a expensive (endgame) IEM than spending your money on a lot of cheapl ones. I don’t know, I like to listen to different IEM’s based on my mood. Also comparing them. To date the Sennheiser IE200 is the IEM I most enjoy followed by the Hidizs MP145 and Penta P50 ( also the three most expensive ones ). I want to step it up a little. Maybe between 200,- and 300,- but I can’t figure out what to buy. One review says the Blessing 3 are perfect and than another reciew says they are not. One review says the IE300 sound amazing while another review states the IE200 are better than the other one…And don’t let me get started of people’s opinion about Shure…I am a bit treble sensitive so I think a little warmer sounding IEM is the best for me. I notice that instead of listening to the music I mostly am analyzing how the IEM performs and sounds sometimes not remembering what I listened to 😊 Fun thing, I also listen to music I don’t really like (jazz, classical, reggae ).
You guys have any advice to give me? I think I read every reviews of IEM’s sold on AE, Linsoul and Amazon.
ORIVETI OD200 would hit your spot like an experienced gigolo.

Jan 14, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #93,036 of 106,420
ORIVETI OD200 would hit your spot like an experienced gigolo.
lol.. you're thinking of the CVJ-BigDong.

1705269340828.png

Jan 14, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #93,037 of 106,420
Jan 14, 2024 at 5:56 PM Post #93,038 of 106,420
Not sure if this is the right forum to ask but I'll ask anyway.
Which silicon tips helped in providing a good seal and helped in keeping the Spirit Torino Twin Pulse iem in your ears?
Dunu S&S is now my default rec for eartips.
Get the right size for you and they have the form and rigidity to seal, ensure you get that bass thump and security of fit.

Jan 14, 2024 at 5:57 PM Post #93,039 of 106,420
everybody thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it!
I will be taking a closer look at the Oriveti OD200 and Dunu falcon. One of them could become my next IEM.

Jan 14, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #93,040 of 106,420
I'm interested in the overears. They could be an Audeze Maxwell but cheaper.
Also, I have in the Pula 02 and got it in yesterday. So far pretty impressed, but still trying to figure it all out. Beautiful.
Yes I think so too,they are likely Maxwell drivers.

Reckon they will be better received as well given they aren't relying on terrible eartips like the pulse explore.

Been hearing good things about the Pula 02, would-be interested to see how they stack up Vs similar driver configs

Jan 14, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #93,041 of 106,420
everybody thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it!
I will be taking a closer look at the Oriveti OD200 and Dunu falcon. One of them could become my next IEM.
You won't go wrong with the OD200, it's special sauce I think is it's immersion, puts you right in the centre of the action so to speak.

Jan 14, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #93,042 of 106,420
Hi all,
A little over your mentioned budget, but you can try the LETSHUOER S15.

Jan 14, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #93,043 of 106,420
HBB giving the EA500LM an 8/10 on res is a very bold claim, 8/10 is like near endgame res you'd find on an Elysian Diva or something.

Akros is a lot more realistic with his assessment, I'd believe the LM is better than the Tanchjim O2

Maybe Lithium-Magnesium DDs will be the hype trend of 2024?

Jan 14, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #93,044 of 106,420
HBB giving the EA500LM an 8/10 on res is a very bold claim, 8/10 is like near endgame res you'd find on an Elysian Diva or something.

Akros is a lot more realistic with his assessment, I'd believe the LM is better than the Tanchjim O2

Maybe Lithium-Magnesium DDs will be the hype trend of 2024?
I wonder how this compares to the Falcon Ultra, which in principle has the same diaphragm material

Jan 14, 2024 at 7:24 PM Post #93,045 of 106,420
To the DAP users here.. do you mainly use your DAP with local audio files or with streaming services?

Last week, the Tempotec V3 DAP was delivered and I knew right away that it was not for me as a Tidal user. It's definitely meant to be used with local files and the included Tidal app seems like it was more of an afterthought.

Here are a couple things that stuck out right away:
  • The included Tidal app requires you to log in each time. When you launch the Tidal app, it gives you a QR code that you have to scan with your phone and log in from the phone. Annoying.
  • The included Tidal app only lets you listen to official Tidal playlists or use the search function if you want to listen to a specific track. You can't listen to any of your personalized playlists. Even more annoying.
Ok, so the OS sucks for streaming with Tidal. Why not use it more like a Bluetooth device à la FiiO BTR7 and have your phone be the audio source? Well, that worked out better since the native Tidal app on my phone is actually functional, BUT there's a very noticeable delay with audio/video sync using the V3 with Bluetooth. It's not that big a deal when listening to music, but it's pretty bad if you want to watch a YouTube video from one of your favorite head-fi reviewers. Btw, the BTR7 does not have this audio/video sync issue.

The final straw was when I left it unused for a couple days and when I powered it back on, it prompted me to choose a Language. I thought that was odd and then I noticed that the clock on the V3 was the default 24hr format when I had changed it to the 12hr format. (I know, I know. Stupid non-military Americans don't understand the 24h format.) Next thing I noticed was that it wasn't connected to WiFi or Bluetooth. Apparently, it had set itself back to factory settings because it knew I was going to return it.

Welp, it's boxed up and going to be sent back tomorrow. It's disappointing because it sounded great and had plenty of power. The OS was also quick and responsive, and the form factor was about the size of a deck of cards so it wasn't a gigantic brick. I'm sure local audio file users would be happy with the Tempotec V3, but it's definitely not for Tidal streamers like me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back