The discovery thread!
Jan 14, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #93,016 of 106,565
What a beautiful IEM. Are the faceplate custom?

The hazy imaging sounds like a dealbreaker for me though. How about actual detail retrieval? If you listen to sparse music, can you discern micro details and texture better than an average mid-fi?
This faceplate is from the first release of these iems. Later, they released an anniversary edition where they changed the design.

These iems are above-average at detail retrieval. They lack precision, though. On some genres as acoustics, they do really well. The problem is with dense tracks where these details kind of vanish into thin air, which is not an immersive experience. Also, the treble is not the most energetic, so there is a lack of sense of airiness. The vocals may sometimes be just few millimetres behind (my observation, as I like it to be a bit upfront).

Even with all these things I observe, the Mega5-EST is surely better than average mid-fi.

Jan 14, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #93,017 of 106,565
OK, thank you. So not much changes between the two in terms of sound quality to justify buying both.
As for adjusting the volume on Windows, that would be annoying for me. I'll try to ask the AliExpress shop if this is normal or if there are any updates.
Thanks again for your impressions and for saving me $40.

No worries!

Correct. There isn't any meaningful bump in sound quality to justify having both unless you want to have a second device for backup. As for the Windows problem, perhaps it is something Tempotec can address in a future firmware update but is something that I'm not banking on. It is what it is at this point.

Jan 14, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #93,018 of 106,565
I had a short session with Thieaudio Hype10 this evening. I absolutely loved them.

Hype10 is small, lightweight and fits really easily. The cable seemed quite decent, too. The bass on these iems is impressively powerful and massive, making it a delight for bassheads. And more impressive is the fact that this bass does not touch the higher frequencies. Mids are full-bodied, sweet, and rich. Treble is done quite well too, but not as well as something like Monarch MK2. The soundstage leans towards the intimate side but has an amazing depth, providing that spine-tingling sensation of sound expanding beyond your head. Vocals come from the front, as if the singers are talking to you. Lovely!

It was hard to identify shortcomings in the Hype10. I also compared it to the Monarch MK2. The MK2 offers a broader stage and maintains superior treble energy. Hype10 is all about fun and engaging sound. Hard to put down. With flagship-level sound at a budget-friendly price, the Hype10 is a one-and-done type of in-ear monitor (IEM).

I need to save up a bit, eh?

(sorry for poor photos :frowning2: )​

hype1.JPG

hype2.JPG

hype3.JPG

hype4.JPG

hype5.JPG

Jan 14, 2024 at 12:15 PM Post #93,019 of 106,565
Have posted this one on the official Oriveti 2023/2024 new iems thread ,and posting it here as well for everybody's information in case anyone gets interested...........
senen year now approximately being in this hobby OH700VB must be an earphone that certainly was looking for out there............
the emotional impact that this one has over me is simply T R E M E N D O U S ! ! !
I can say now for sure that this tuning serves me the best and is an absolute favorite for my taste always............
Thanks a lot @ToneDeafMonk & Eargasmic Reviews for giving me the chance to get interested to those monitors and as an outcome of that interest to get them finally..
This must be the most emotional earphone i ve heard till now in this hobby.............

OH700VB.jpg

DISCOVERY OF THIS YEAR AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED...........

i seriously doubt that it will be another monitor during this year that will provide me this TREMENDOUS EMOTIONAL IMPACT out there..but in the end of the day who really can tell ???? ..i mean this is why each and every one of us are here in this forum ,at this hobby cause its full of surprises... full of those rare adrenaline moments missing probably in most of us daily routine ???

IMG_20240112_191938.jpg

dont blame me guys.......i am sooooooooooooooo much in love right now ......................... :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts:

IMG_20240113_133422.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240112_192815.jpg
    IMG_20240112_192815.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • good 1.jpg
    good 1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240112_191859.jpg
    IMG_20240112_191859.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • good 2.jpg
    good 2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240113_132924.jpg
    IMG_20240113_132924.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Jan 14, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #93,020 of 106,565
Have posted this one on the official Oriveti 2023/2024 new iems thread ,and posting it here as well for everybody's information in case anyone gets interested...........
senen year now approximately being in this hobby OH700VB must be an earphone that certainly was looking for out there............
the emotional impact that this one has over me is simply T R E M E N D O U S ! ! !
I can say now for sure that this tuning serves me the best and is an absolute favorite for my taste always............
Thanks a lot @ToneDeafMonk & Eargasmic Reviews for giving me the chance to get interested to those monitors and as an outcome of that interest to get them finally..
This must be the most emotional earphone i ve heard till now in this hobby.............

OH700VB.jpg

DISCOVERY OF THIS YEAR AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED...........

i seriously doubt that it will be another monitor during this year that will provide me this TREMENDOUS EMOTIONAL IMPACT out there..but in the end of the day who really can tell ???? ..i mean this is why each and every one of us are here in this forum ,at this hobby cause its full of surprises... full of those rare adrenaline moments missing probably in most of us daily routine ???

IMG_20240112_191938.jpg

dont blame me guys.......i am sooooooooooooooo much in love right now ......................... :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts:

IMG_20240113_133422.jpg
I keep reaching for the OH700VB more than any other these days. I am thrilled I helped you pull the trigger and you get to enjoy this wonderful set!

Jan 14, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #93,021 of 106,565
Hi all,
I started this hobby in January 2023 and since I read really a lot of reviews and did a lot of research ( and listening of course ). Also I had to find out what I like, and I did.
Please take a look at my signature, every item (except the PSB M4U I bought in 2013 and still is one of my best headphones) I bought, listened and sold is from January 2023 and onwards.
Somewhere down the line I saw a guys advice it was better to buy a expensive (endgame) IEM than spending your money on a lot of cheapl ones. I don’t know, I like to listen to different IEM’s based on my mood. Also comparing them. To date the Sennheiser IE200 is the IEM I most enjoy followed by the Hidizs MP145 and Penta P50 ( also the three most expensive ones ). I want to step it up a little. Maybe between 200,- and 300,- but I can’t figure out what to buy. One review says the Blessing 3 are perfect and than another reciew says they are not. One review says the IE300 sound amazing while another review states the IE200 are better than the other one…And don’t let me get started of people’s opinion about Shure…I am a bit treble sensitive so I think a little warmer sounding IEM is the best for me. I notice that instead of listening to the music I mostly am analyzing how the IEM performs and sounds sometimes not remembering what I listened to 😊 Fun thing, I also listen to music I don’t really like (jazz, classical, reggae ).
I mostly enjoy 80’s pop and rock.
You guys have any advice to give me? I think I read every reviews of IEM’s sold on AE, Linsoul and Amazon.
Your help will be appreciated!

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #93,022 of 106,565
I am thrilled I helped you pull the trigger and you get to enjoy this wonderful set!
trully believe now.. it is what i was looking for 7 seven years now.......tuning wise at least.......many many thanks man...............

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #93,023 of 106,565
Hi all,
I started this hobby in January 2023 and since I read really a lot of reviews and did a lot of research ( and listening of course ). Also I had to find out what I like, and I did.
Please take a look at my signature, every item (except the PSB M4U I bought in 2013 and still is one of my best headphones) I bought, listened and sold is from January 2023 and onwards.
Somewhere down the line I saw a guys advice it was better to buy a expensive (endgame) IEM than spending your money on a lot of cheapl ones. I don’t know, I like to listen to different IEM’s based on my mood. Also comparing them. To date the Sennheiser IE200 is the IEM I most enjoy followed by the Hidizs MP145 and Penta P50 ( also the three most expensive ones ). I want to step it up a little. Maybe between 200,- and 300,- but I can’t figure out what to buy. One review says the Blessing 3 are perfect and than another reciew says they are not. One review says the IE300 sound amazing while another review states the IE200 are better than the other one…And don’t let me get started of people’s opinion about Shure…I am a bit treble sensitive so I think a little warmer sounding IEM is the best for me. I notice that instead of listening to the music I mostly am analyzing how the IEM performs and sounds sometimes not remembering what I listened to 😊 Fun thing, I also listen to music I don’t really like (jazz, classical, reggae ).
You guys have any advice to give me? I think I read every reviews of IEM’s sold on AE, Linsoul and Amazon.
That’s a really crowded price tier with a TON of good options. Pick something you like aesthetically that has an FR similar to your favorite IEM and go from there.

Also, don’t take too much stock in reviews. Take the facts from them, and leave the opinions/fluffy words out. Audio is so subjective that someone’s huge no may be your favorite iem.

I would recommend something like the Neo 5 or Aful P8 for what you listed.

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #93,024 of 106,565
Jan 14, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #93,025 of 106,565
Hi all,
Something on the warmer side could look to Penon Fan 2 or Serial. Hisenior Okavango neutral warmish.

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #93,026 of 106,565
Hi all,
My best recommendations between $200-300 range would be Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk, Softears Volume, and Yanyin Canon.

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #93,027 of 106,565
…I am a bit treble sensitive so I think a little warmer sounding IEM is the best for me.
You definitely have to look on Penon & ISN monitors man, both companies are very much well known for VFM monitors, and foremost in terms of sound quality and QC are top professionals....for example I would suggest to do some research on Penon Globe or ISN Neo5 ... always according to your taste speaking of course... and mentioning those only as an example of high quality iems in a very reasonable price.. More than that and taking under consideration your taste.... I think you can find something really really good there...Penon Serial is another fien example of top quality tuning as well....

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #93,028 of 106,565
My best recommendations between $200-300 range would be Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk, Softears Volume, and Yanyin Canon.
Either Yanyin Canon or Yanyin Aladdin both are splendid ideas and VFM monitors..
Could not agree more on this...

Jan 14, 2024 at 2:28 PM Post #93,029 of 106,565
Hi all,
Hisenior T4 is apparently fantastic. So is Oriveti OD200. And if you wish to spend just a bit more and you like the IE200, then a used IE600 (which just so happens that I'm selling currently 😛) is a good step up.

Jan 14, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #93,030 of 106,565
Thanks for clarifying that…not sure why reviewers feel the need to hype the hell out of things all the time. The EA1000 is excellent and if the EA500LM was better like the conductors of the hype train say, then Simgot sure as heck isn’t going to sell it for $70. EA500LM does sound like a winner though regardless.
I agree to a point, but it's called VOLUME SALES. You make more selling 20 at $70.00 than you do 4 at $200.00. The math makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back