The discovery thread!
Jan 13, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #92,986 of 106,575
Even though I’ve ordered the Pula PA02, I think I’ll order an OD200 to compare to it.
I like the way you think. Plain and simple. And I'll be waiting to hear your thoughts.

Jan 13, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #92,987 of 106,575
Personally, I would be very interested in a comparison of the EA200 and EA500LM. In particular, whether the EA500LM has similarly anemic bass and similarly irritating upper mids as the EA200...
Well, please take the graphs with a pinch of salt because the one I have is a prototype and the final version might/should have differences. The graph is actually quite similar between EW200 and EA500LM. But the perception is very different. Likely due to the vastly superior driver on the LM version (similar driver to Dunu Falcon Ultra I think).

1705173366719.png

Also, the treble presence is more noticeable on the EA500LM prototype, while on the EW200 the treble having a drastic fall-off made the upper-mid shout even more evident.

Jan 13, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #92,988 of 106,575
What else a cable can do, I’ll leave that for you.
Well, you confirmed to me all I have heard, thanks! Nothing to add.

These NiceHCK cables seem to be really good, especially the ones that are discounted, like this one (if the discount is real :) ), chipoo :)

Cheers!
Even though I’ve ordered the Pula PA02, I think I’ll order an OD200 to compare to it.
Is there OD100? I've ordered Pula PA01...If so, I will order OD100, and I could compare those two :)

Jan 13, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #92,989 of 106,575
Well, you confirmed to me all I have heard, thanks! Nothing to add.

These NiceHCK cables seem to be really good, especially the ones that are discounted, like this one (if the discount is real :) ), chipoo :)

Cheers!

Is there OD100? I've ordered Pula PA01...If so, I will order OD100, and I could compare those two :)

Yep, there’s an OD100 too 👍

Jan 13, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #92,990 of 106,575
I went to visit a local retailer in my city(who also happens to be a good friend to me). He was just unpacking some new stuff, and this pair instantly got my attention, the Thieaudio Hype 10. I have previously heard the Hype 2 which was not up to my taste, it was decent but I did not like it much. He was shooting an unboxing for the Hype10, So i asked whether I could get a 15-minute audition. And that might be the biggest mistake of mine for today, because i ended up with a good 45-60-minute session and then ended up buying this set and bringing this beauty home lol. The bass is so drooling and lovely, The Vocals are also very good. Soundstage felt a bit intimate, but I guess the signature greatly aligns with my personal listening preferences. Vocals and Instrumetns also have amazing definition and have a full-bodied presentation. My instant reaction before making the purchase was to compare this to my Oriveti OH700VB. I personally feel this has a better body but OH700VB definitely has amazing imaging and precision. This one sounds better timbre wise.

Bank took a big hit today, feels like i will be laying low for a while now lol.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Jan 13, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #92,991 of 106,575
Jan 13, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #92,992 of 106,575
I went to visit a local retailer in my city(who also happens to be a good friend to me). He was just unpacking some new stuff, and this pair instantly got my attention, the Thieaudio Hype 10. I have previously heard the Hype 2 which was not up to my taste, it was decent but I did not like it much. He was shooting an unboxing for the Hype10, So i asked whether I could get a 15-minute audition. And that might be the biggest mistake of mine for today, because i ended up with a good 45-60-minute session and then ended up buying this set and bringing this beauty home lol. The bass is so drooling and lovely, The Vocals are also very good. Soundstage felt a bit intimate, but I guess the signature greatly aligns with my personal listening preferences. Vocals and Instrumetns also have amazing definition and have a full-bodied presentation. My instant reaction before making the purchase was to compare this to my Oriveti OH700VB. I personally feel this has a better body but OH700VB definitely has amazing imaging and precision. This one sounds better timbre wise.

2.jpg
1.jpg
I am hyped about this one, it was between this and a DAP purchase now. So Hype 10 have to wait, your photos make faceplate look so good and better than on Linsoul page. I guess size is quite large compared to the HYPE 2?

Jan 13, 2024 at 4:24 PM Post #92,993 of 106,575
I am hyped about this one, it was between this and a DAP purchase now. So Hype 10 have to wait, your photos make faceplate look so good and better than on Linsoul page. I guess size is quite large compared to the HYPE 2?
Man which DAP are you looking for? I am kind of moving a bit towards getting DX260 for myself to complement the QP2R(Actually sold the M15S recently). Thanks for your appericiation on the photos man, Will take better shots for my impression post later on(Been a hectic day today, I am just listening to some tracks on this set and gonna call it a day)((It's like 3 AM here lol and Hype10 is still in my ears)).

Jan 13, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #92,994 of 106,575
Man which DAP are you looking for? I am kind of moving a bit towards getting DX260 for myself to complement the QP2R(Actually sold the M15S recently). Thanks for your appericiation on the photos man, Will take better shots for my impression post later on(Been a hectic day today, I am just listening to some tracks on this set and gonna call it a day)((It's like 3 AM here lol and Hype10 is still in my ears)).
Looking at getting a HIBY R8 II, been very happy with R6 Pro 2. It solves some issues I have like more power and longer battery, also their new DAC implementation is interesting. Do I need it? No. But do I want it? Yes :beerchug:

Look forward to more of your take with HYPE 10, cheers.

Jan 13, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #92,995 of 106,575

2.jpg
1.jpg
RIP to your bank account, sir, that is certainly a big hit. But the hours of musical enjoyment are worth more than the money imo.

You also take fantastic images, my friend. These look beautiful.

Jan 13, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #92,996 of 106,575

2.jpg
1.jpg
RIP your bank account

C21C2F87-A584-43F7-886A-4AF291C98BD1.jpeg

Jan 13, 2024 at 6:54 PM Post #92,997 of 106,575
Howdy folks, have anyone tried / owned the Final Audio F7200? It looks interesting. Final Audio’s weirdness can be attractive sometimes.

Jan 13, 2024 at 10:00 PM Post #92,998 of 106,575
Sony PlayStation Pulse Explore Review :

Been enjoying the Sony Pulse Explore buds over the holidays.

Built for gaming and media, they come with a proprietary dongle that allows for lossless audio with a latency much better than Bluetooth.

Unusually they are planar magnetic with drivers from Audeze (still trying to get more info on this and specs) which means they are also very good for music.

Although designed for use with the PS5 they can be used with any bluetooth compatible audio player and with the dongle a PC / Laptop etc. . For my use case I'm primarily using it with a Steam Deck OLED via the dongle & phone via bluetooth.

Unfortunately they have been ripped apart in a fair few reviews I have seen, which is a big shame as I think they are great overall, though could use a few refinements.

Most common complaints were a lack of bass & no ANC, both issues very easily solved with good eartips that seal well (Using Dunu S&S, supplied Sony tips are utter trash).

Speaking of trash, the packaging deserves a dishonourable mention, extremely fragile and near impossible to open up without destroying in the process.

Design: A case of form over function, Playstation 5 themed may look appropriate but results in a somewhat unusual fit and though secure in use listening, talking over the mic can loosen them. A more standard iem form would have worked better here.

Case: PS5 design works much better for the case, though as many reviews noted, a slot or something to hold the dongle would have been an idea. 10 hours charge I believe.

Battery Life: Around 4 hours or so, long enough for standard gaming sessions, though if you are doing a marathon you'll need to switch out for a wired set.

Sound: These sound great and are tuned well. These are proper planars and sound like them. With good eartips you have a natural and authoritative bass.
(One note, due to power requirements you'll need to ramp up the volume on these, to max or near on some devices to get to proper volume.)

Utility: For gaming, these are perfect. Using the dongle I do not notice any latency when playing and they sound fantastic with great 3D positioning. The ability to simultaneously use bluetooth is very useful as can use discord etc. chat and phone and stream music whilst playing.
The mic as its own noise cancelling software and seems to work well.
For music, these are going to be at least as good, probably better than other wireless options sound wise, but lacking vs battery life and fit security. I would consider it more of a bonus feature given those limitations.

Value for money: If these are Audeze Euclid drivers as appears fairly likely, that alone makes them a compelling value at $200/ £200 from one perspective (the Euclid was around $1800 at launch I think). The Sony dongle allows you to banish bluetooth latency and combined with the audio performance makes it worthwhile as a package for sure.
For just listening to music, it could be worthwhile if you can handle the cons, but is a harder ask.

Conclusion: If you want to game wirelessly they are the best option out there imo. Listening to music is also a pleasure but you are limited to sessions. More internal power and a refined design would be welcome in a future iteration, along with proper eartips (!).

1705200820912.png

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 10:14 PM Post #92,999 of 106,575
Jan 14, 2024 at 12:10 AM Post #93,000 of 106,575
RIP your bank account

C21C2F87-A584-43F7-886A-4AF291C98BD1.jpeg
TBH I was not impressed with the Hype2 at all. Some people earlier were claiming it to be the baby Monarch MKii, when I heard it for a while I just couldn't get my mind around that thought. Even yesterday I thought why not wait a little longer and get the Monarch MK3, but man, the surrounding full-bodied sound and that delicious bass of the Hype10 made me simply go ahead and get this for myself. Now I am fearing if I hear the Monarch MK3 next I might go ahead and plan to get that as well, but Bank will definitely deny the transaction this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back