The discovery thread!
Jan 14, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #92,881 of 107,108
Hello to all.

The 7Hz x Crinacle Zero 2 spent the first day of the year on the beach and today I leave you my humble opinion about them. :sunglasses:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/7hz-x-crinacle-zero-2.26878/reviews#review-32712

7Hz x Crinacle Zero 2 25_r.jpg

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #92,882 of 107,108
Hi all,
I started this hobby in January 2023 and since I read really a lot of reviews and did a lot of research ( and listening of course ). Also I had to find out what I like, and I did.
Please take a look at my signature, every item (except the PSB M4U I bought in 2013 and still is one of my best headphones) I bought, listened and sold is from January 2023 and onwards.
Somewhere down the line I saw a guys advice it was better to buy a expensive (endgame) IEM than spending your money on a lot of cheapl ones. I don’t know, I like to listen to different IEM’s based on my mood. Also comparing them. To date the Sennheiser IE200 is the IEM I most enjoy followed by the Hidizs MP145 and Penta P50 ( also the three most expensive ones ). I want to step it up a little. Maybe between 200,- and 300,- but I can’t figure out what to buy. One review says the Blessing 3 are perfect and than another reciew says they are not. One review says the IE300 sound amazing while another review states the IE200 are better than the other one…And don’t let me get started of people’s opinion about Shure…I am a bit treble sensitive so I think a little warmer sounding IEM is the best for me. I notice that instead of listening to the music I mostly am analyzing how the IEM performs and sounds sometimes not remembering what I listened to 😊 Fun thing, I also listen to music I don’t really like (jazz, classical, reggae ).
I mostly enjoy 80’s pop and rock.
You guys have any advice to give me? I think I read every reviews of IEM’s sold on AE, Linsoul and Amazon.
Your help will be appreciated!
Something on the warmer side could look to Penon Fan 2 or Serial. Hisenior Okavango neutral warmish.

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #92,883 of 107,108
Hi all,
I started this hobby in January 2023 and since I read really a lot of reviews and did a lot of research ( and listening of course ). Also I had to find out what I like, and I did.
Please take a look at my signature, every item (except the PSB M4U I bought in 2013 and still is one of my best headphones) I bought, listened and sold is from January 2023 and onwards.
Somewhere down the line I saw a guys advice it was better to buy a expensive (endgame) IEM than spending your money on a lot of cheapl ones. I don’t know, I like to listen to different IEM’s based on my mood. Also comparing them. To date the Sennheiser IE200 is the IEM I most enjoy followed by the Hidizs MP145 and Penta P50 ( also the three most expensive ones ). I want to step it up a little. Maybe between 200,- and 300,- but I can’t figure out what to buy. One review says the Blessing 3 are perfect and than another reciew says they are not. One review says the IE300 sound amazing while another review states the IE200 are better than the other one…And don’t let me get started of people’s opinion about Shure…I am a bit treble sensitive so I think a little warmer sounding IEM is the best for me. I notice that instead of listening to the music I mostly am analyzing how the IEM performs and sounds sometimes not remembering what I listened to 😊 Fun thing, I also listen to music I don’t really like (jazz, classical, reggae ).
You guys have any advice to give me? I think I read every reviews of IEM’s sold on AE, Linsoul and Amazon.
My best recommendations between $200-300 range would be Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk, Softears Volume, and Yanyin Canon.

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #92,884 of 107,108
…I am a bit treble sensitive so I think a little warmer sounding IEM is the best for me.
You definitely have to look on Penon & ISN monitors man, both companies are very much well known for VFM monitors, and foremost in terms of sound quality and QC are top professionals....for example I would suggest to do some research on Penon Globe or ISN Neo5 ... always according to your taste speaking of course... and mentioning those only as an example of high quality iems in a very reasonable price.. More than that and taking under consideration your taste.... I think you can find something really really good there...Penon Serial is another fien example of top quality tuning as well....

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #92,885 of 107,108
My best recommendations between $200-300 range would be Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk, Softears Volume, and Yanyin Canon.
Either Yanyin Canon or Yanyin Aladdin both are splendid ideas and VFM monitors..
Could not agree more on this...

Jan 14, 2024 at 2:28 PM Post #92,886 of 107,108
Hi all,
Hisenior T4 is apparently fantastic. So is Oriveti OD200. And if you wish to spend just a bit more and you like the IE200, then a used IE600 (which just so happens that I'm selling currently 😛) is a good step up.

Jan 14, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #92,887 of 107,108
Thanks for clarifying that…not sure why reviewers feel the need to hype the hell out of things all the time. The EA1000 is excellent and if the EA500LM was better like the conductors of the hype train say, then Simgot sure as heck isn’t going to sell it for $70. EA500LM does sound like a winner though regardless.
I agree to a point, but it's called VOLUME SALES. You make more selling 20 at $70.00 than you do 4 at $200.00. The math makes sense.

Jan 14, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #92,888 of 107,108
I agree to a point, but it's called VOLUME SALES. You make more selling 20 at $70.00 than you do 4 at $200.00. The math makes sense.
What i learned in this hobby is that “better” is a very loaded word. Unless the underlying scale and criteria are specified, we can argue apple vs orange all day.

A single DD vs DD + PR? Regardless, it’s a shootout I can’t wait to see, especially since my Harman-hating friend hypes the DD+PR to the moon and back :dt880smile:

Jan 14, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #92,889 of 107,108
Hi all,
My two favorites at that price range are the Dunu Falcon Ultra and Oriveti OD200. Each one comes with a generous set of accessories and two tuning nozzles that make them sound noticeably different. I stick with the blue nozzle on the Falcon Ultra, but I've been switching nozzles on the OD200 every couple weeks. If you like a warmer sound, you might like the Falcon Ultra with the gold nozzle.

Jan 14, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #92,890 of 107,108
My two favorites at that price range are the Dunu Falcon Ultra and Oriveti OD200. Each one comes with a generous set of accessories and two tuning nozzles that make them sound noticeably different. I stick with the blue nozzle on the Falcon Ultra, but I've been switching nozzles on the OD200 every couple weeks. If you like a warmer sound, you might like the Falcon Ultra with the gold nozzle.
Second the falcon ultra. Lovely allrounder with two interpretations of “neutral” in the box. And accessories are generous, because it’s a Dunu IEM.

Jan 14, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #92,892 of 107,108
Hi all,
ORIVETI OD200 would hit your spot like an experienced gigolo.

Jan 14, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #92,893 of 107,108
Jan 14, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #92,894 of 107,108
Jan 14, 2024 at 5:56 PM Post #92,895 of 107,108
Not sure if this is the right forum to ask but I'll ask anyway.
Which silicon tips helped in providing a good seal and helped in keeping the Spirit Torino Twin Pulse iem in your ears?
Dunu S&S is now my default rec for eartips.
Get the right size for you and they have the form and rigidity to seal, ensure you get that bass thump and security of fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back