The discovery thread!
Jan 11, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #92,883 of 106,650
Anyone have any experience with the NiceHCK "Our Laura"?
It's a nicer all copper cable. THICC, too.
I was also considering a few different cables around $40 to $60 from the usual suspects [XINHS, ivipQ, NiceHCK].
I am open to suggestions but am currently looking for copper and the thicker the better.
My understanding is that the DTE900 sounds best with copper cables and the ones I have are aight but kinda mediocre.
I just got this one. Definitely on the cheap side and a hair stiff but not too bad. Nice and thick for a 2 core. Definitely thickened the sound to my ears. If you like it just make sure you click copper one when choosing because most of the pics are of the silver plated one and not pure copper. I put it on my Aoshida E20 and it brought down upper mids. They do customizing as well. I liked it so much I ordered the silver one. First pic below is of copper and second is one I have coming which I customized hardware. They send you pics before sending out

Edit: It says pure copper in the description but then when you scroll down it’s say mixed material which I guess the picture would imply

https://a.aliexpress.com/_msBcZva

Attachments

• IMG_6777.jpeg
    IMG_6777.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6846.png
    IMG_6846.png
    4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 11, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #92,884 of 106,650
SIMGOT LC7 Cable

OFC SILVER PLATED $69.99 UPGRADE CABLE
  • Harmony of High Purity Copper and Silver
  • Quality Conductors, Delicate Transmission
  • 732 Cores for Detailed Presentation
  • Radiant Copper Alloy Shell
  • Broad Compatibility, Interchangeable Plugs
  • Transparent PVC Coating, Enduring Freshness
Disclaimer:
The LC7 was sent to me directly from SIMGOT.

A visual comparison to what came with the EA1000.
DSC_1629.jpegq.jpeg
DSC_1630.jpeg1212.jpeg

First impressions:
So as far as cables go the first thing you do notice is just how close (visually) the SIMGOT LC7 matches the EA1000, almost like they were made for each another? And if you are persuaded by looks (like I am)......this may be a done deal already?

Really it is a lot of cable for $69.99.

As the ergonomics are fine, really it moves in and out of position well, with very little microphonics. The construction and the plugs, chin-cinch and covering are first rate, really very nice. As far as being a value there may be better under $100 cables out there, I mean the competition right now is heavy, to say the least. Yet in comparison to the included EA1000 cable...........we actually do find improvements, strong improvements. I used the included EA1000 cable which is 3.5mm in contrast to the LC7 in 3.5mm and found the extra core count did do something? Imaging was better as well as separation and a slight upgrade in vividness. There was slightly heavier bass and an improvement in treble imaging and clarity...............not the very best for $69.99 cable, but really good. Where the upgrade happened was when I moved to 4.4mm..............so here I am accessing a different balanced amp in the WM1A and this is when the party started. :)

I don't want to use the terminology night and day, but the stage was of considerable note-size difference, though keep in mind this is not maybe from the cable but from the source? Bigger imaging, noticeably better note weight....etc, etc. So all and all the looks and performance go well as an addition to the EA1000, as the LC7 was perfectly balanced and never colored the sound or skewed any one thing out of place, and if you were looking for a simple way to upgrade your EA1000 this may be a first place to look, as it's guaranteed to keep the EA1000 sound profile the same with just an added pizzaz! Also the packaging is super nice! But after further testing using a cable like the ISN G4 instead of the LC7 (with the SIMGOT EA1000) showed a slight difference that graphene would do, where it's really debatable if the more evenly distributed vibe of the signal with the LC7 may actually be preferred? Meaning not trying to change the signal with the ISN G4 but leave the EA1000 alone to simply be itself with the LC7..............and I think that was the emphasis when creating it, to just make a colorless cable that would simply transfer the character of the source and IEM you were using. Where if you wanted (transparent) size of the imaging a cable like the Penon Space does much of the same things as the LC7, but does them a little better, though you do have microphonics introduced there?

If I break out the 7Hz Salnotes Zero 2, the extra separation energy the ISN G4 provides seems to offer a better sound, but that is just the Zero 2? Where a person may not want any difference made to the signal and like the purity of the LC4, while lacking maybe a slight level of energy, it can still be considered perfect, and especially for an energetic example like the SIMGOT EA1000?

A non-affiliate link:
https://www.linsoul.com/products/simgot-lc7
Cheers!
DSC_1627.jpeg2.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2024 at 10:26 PM Post #92,885 of 106,650
I just got this one. Definitely on the cheap side and a hair stiff but not too bad. Nice and thick for a 2 core. Definitely thickened the sound to my ears. If you like it just make sure you click copper one when choosing because most of the pics are of the silver plated one and not pure copper. I put it on my Aoshida E20 and it brought down upper mids. They do customizing as well. I liked it so much I ordered the silver one. First pic below is of copper and second is one I have coming which I customized hardware. They send you pics before sending out

Edit: It says pure copper in the description but then when you scroll down it’s say mixed material which I guess the picture would imply

https://a.aliexpress.com/_msBcZva
I second these cables I have 2 of every version blue, white, mixed and green they are all quality cables at very good price even when not on sale.

Jan 11, 2024 at 10:36 PM Post #92,886 of 106,650
SIMGOT LC7 Cable

OFC SILVER PLATED $69.99 UPGRADE CABLE
  • Harmony of High Purity Copper and Silver
  • Quality Conductors, Delicate Transmission
  • 732 Cores for Detailed Presentation
  • Radiant Copper Alloy Shell
  • Broad Compatibility, Interchangeable Plugs
  • Transparent PVC Coating, Enduring Freshness
Disclaimer:
The LC7 was sent to me directly from SIMGOT.

A visual comparison to what came with the EA1000.

First impressions:
So as far as cables go the first thing you do notice is just how close (visually) the SIMGOT LC7 matches the EA1000, almost like they were made for each another? And if you are persuaded by looks (like I am)......this may be a done deal already?

Really it is a lot of cable for $69.99.

As the ergonomics are fine, really it moves in and out of position well, with very little microphonics. The construction and the plugs, chin-cinch and covering are first rate, rally very nice. As far as being a value there may be better under $100 cables out there, I mean the competition right now is heavy, to say the least. Yet in comparison to the included EA1000 cable...........we actually do find improvements, strong improvements. I used the included EA1000 cable which is 3.5mm in contrast to the LC7 in 3.5mm and found the extra core count did do something? Imaging was better as well as separation and a slight upgrade in vividness. There was slightly heavier bass and an improvement in treble imaging and clarity...............not the very best for $69.99cable, but really good. Where the upgrade happened was when I moved to 4.4mm..............so here I am accessing a different balanced amp in the WM1A and this is when the party started. :)

I don't want to use the terminology night and day, but the stage was of considerable note-size difference, though keep in mind this is not maybe from the cable but from the source? Bigger imaging, noticeably better note weight....etc, etc. So all and all the looks and performance go well as an addition to the EA1000, as the LC7 was perfectly balanced and never colored the sound or skewed any one thing out of place, and if you were looking for a simple way to upgrade your EA1000 this may be a first place to look, as it's guaranteed to keep the EA1000 sound profile the same with just an added pizzaz! Also the packaging is super nice!

A non-affiliate link:
https://www.linsoul.com/products/simgot-lc7
Cheers!
It's a really nice cable , was doing lots of listening to the EA500LM with that cable then I switched to this one from ARTTI -VOLKCHOI looks very similar but more cores with finer wire and not quite as thick but more flexible. Even better less money. A5 is blue A9 Silver.
Most important yet had a slightly better tonality and synergy with the EA500LM.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrVwyve

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240111_193713_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20240111_193713_AliExpress.jpg
    719.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 11, 2024 at 11:00 PM Post #92,887 of 106,650
It's a really nice cable , was doing lots of listening to the EA500LM with that cable then I switched to this one from ARTTI -VOLKCHOI looks very similar but more cores with finer wire and not quite as thick but more flexible. Even better less money. A5 is blue A9 Silver.
Most important yet had a slightly better tonality and synergy with the EA500LM.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrVwyve
Still though the LC7 seems like it was made for the EA1000? It works well with the EA1000 peaks, maybe? Yet totally transparent, especially with the wide-bores I'm using?

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #92,888 of 106,650
Last edited:
Jan 11, 2024 at 11:48 PM Post #92,889 of 106,650
Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 12:10 AM Post #92,890 of 106,650
I would have never even thought to test that, but since you requested it I tried making a phone call using one of my wife's gaming headsets.
It has a TRRS cable that uses an adapter to split into separate mic and headphone outputs.
I removed the splitter and ran the TRRS connection into the FC6.
The person on the other end could hear me loud and clear.
So, I believe that means it does indeed work.
Very cool!

Thanks - Found that the HiBy FC6 was on sale, so I've ordered one to use on my PC at work.
This means I'll have 2 different R2R DACs hooked to the PC - Cayin RU6 feeding a S.M.S.L Balanced Amp for my earphones & earbuds ; and HiBy FC6 for my headphones, with or without a Mic for teleconferences.

Jan 12, 2024 at 12:40 AM Post #92,891 of 106,650
Don’t go into earbuds thinking there might be options that can play equal (or better) with what makes a good IEM a good IEM: passive noise isolation, nuanced low end, visceral thump, well defined micro details. It’s a physical impossibility for an earbud to compete with these traits, because of the lack of seal and intrusion into the ear canal.

I’ve got 2 pairs of earbuds and neither costs more than $25 USD; they’re used primarily for listening to YouTube videos, on my desktop setup.
So true, even 600$ earbuds can't match the bass coming out of a good iem. But detail can match! Just harder to detect.
Tbh i prefer Tgxear Totem (300$) over any iem under 500$, but also like i don't really care about bass so YMMV

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:04 AM Post #92,893 of 106,650
One thing about earbuds is that they have huge drivers comparing to IEMs. When properly tuned by manufacturer and worn by users (meaning at least putting a silicone ring on the earpieces to reduce bass leakage), earbuds can create a good physical sensation of bass without resorting to the loud bass or pressure on the eardrums like IEMs. In some senses, this effect is quite similar to open back planar headphones. They usually have linear midbass and rolled off subbass, but their bass doesn’t sound like an Etymotic ER2SE at all.

Highly recommend discoverers to jump into the earbuds rabbit hole and try to DIY some 300ohm pair for yourself. What’s the point of having 4Vrms dongles without having high impedance gear to use it :dt880smile: not to mention the components are seriously affordable.

Jan 12, 2024 at 3:12 AM Post #92,894 of 106,650
Yup, I wouldn't know that. It might be true. It does make sense.

I plan to buy Shanling M0 because it's 236mW with a balanced adapter, less than the claimed TempoTec 280mW.
Now, I am worried about how much precisely 230-280mW is. :thinking:

Other DAPs I have have more power, so I can't compare if that (280mW, I thought it would be) is sufficient for me.

Perhaps Shanling is not playing a combined game. :)

Cheers!
I ordered the Tempotec Sonata BHD and asked the store for more info, will report here if anyone is interested.

First of all, if someone is from Russia, they tell me that they sell it at a discount here as well:
https://www.ozon.ru/product/tempote...vnya-usileniya-4-4mm-3-5mm-dsd256-1280014020/

Then some more specs about the DAC:
Sonata BHD 3.5mm output power (32Ω load)at the high gain is 65mW+65mW, middle gain is 45mW+45mW, low gain is 20mW+20mW
Sonata BHD 4.4mm output power (32Ω load)at the high gain is 160mW+160mW, middle gain is 125mW+125mW, low gain is 90mW+90mW
Sonata BHD 4.4mm output power (300Ω load)at the high gain is 53mW+53mW

If they tell me more specs about the dac, I will update this post. Hope that helps

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 3:35 AM Post #92,895 of 106,650
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back